Central Transport | waste and ineffect procedures at vitran

undead

TB Lurker
Credits
just curious what everyone thinks, the concept of driver/dock is one of my complaints time on the dock should be time behind the wheel delivering freight

the only thing good about it is if/when Vitran closes they will have more skills to take somewhere else, and it does give a better perspective on how freight is damaged (stacking 3 and 4 skids high just to cube out a trailer)

Waste and ineffective procedures is a way of life at Vitran these days.....Things may change someday.....Wait.....Hold off.....Did I just see a pig fly?? No....it must have been the mushrooms.

just curious what everyone thinks, the concept of driver/dock is one of my complaints time on the dock should be time behind the wheel delivering freight

"It is what it is"
~~Donald Rumsfeld~~

Waste and ineffective procedures is a way of life at Vitran these days.....Things may change someday.....Wait.....Hold off.....Did I just see a pig fly?? No....it must have been the mushrooms.

You are so funny Train, just trying to picture you doing magic mushrooms. Did that once about 45 years ago LOL, gonna stick with my Jack Daniels and you stick with your Maple Crown.

it only makes sense, phase out $12-15 an hr dockworker and replace them with a $20-24 an hr driver. then that driver is on o.t. on fri and short on hrs. brilliant.

some of those driver/docks are making 30.00 an hr on overtime working on their days off too causing the payroll to explode no wonder why we lose 5 million a month

I have to work the dock every morning for at least 30 minutes to rearrange freight to make deliveries without back tracking 20-30 miles between drops.