Yellow | Watch The Teamsters Candidates Forum Live on 8/25

Fred Zuckerman Debates Hoffa's Stand-In
http://www.tdu.org/fred_zuckerman_debates_hoffa_s_stand_in

aszQxUR.jpg

:duel:

Feel like hall was more composed and was really prepared. That being said. No way in hell im voting for Hoffa. Zuckerman for better or for worse. Only time will tell

Feel like hall was more composed and was really prepared. That being said. No way in hell im voting for Hoffa. Zuckerman for better or for worse. Only time will tell
Well put!!!!!! I feel exactly the same way. I attended a Hoffa rally back about 17 years ago. He had big plans for restoring our union. He made promises to us in freight but never delivered on even one that I can recall. IMO he is the worst General President in my 41 years in the Teamsters. Hell, even crooks like Presser and Williams etc. delivered on more promises than Hoffa.

He made promises to us in freight but never delivered on even one that I can recall.
He kept one that I recall and I can still picture him touting it. He got back the right to strike if the company(s) refused to abide by a grievance decision and he stood at his podium yielding a claw hammer bragging, "We got the hammer back! We got the hammer back!", totally oblivious as to what a blubbering ******* he is. Hoffa is a joke, an embarrassment to organized labor and particularly to us.:soapbox:

The right to strike if the company refused to abide by a grievance decision. How has that worked out so far? The only authorized strike called by the IBT on Hoffa's watch that I can recall was the one day strike at Red Star back in 2004. As I recall that didn't end very well. USF shut them down the very next day. Of course Hoffa was out of town on important union business and claimed he didn't know anything about the strike. But then shortly after the Red Star closing YRC bought USF. Some say that YRC didn't need Red Star because they already had New Penn. Coincidence maybe.