Central Transport | Watch what ya post on your personal accounts

wrenchmonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
A driver at my terminal got a write up for posting a comment on his personal twitter account. He posted a question about delivering 3 skids of books :wtflol:

A driver at my terminal got a write up for posting a comment on his personal twitter account. He posted a question about delivering 3 skids of books :wtflol:

Actually, this summer I read what you post on non company time is protected free speech according to the Supreme Court. Any discipline is grounds for a civil rights lawsuit.

I belive Not Wanted is right. And i would tell Farmer to pack it in his ass! Hope they try and write me up now!!!!

instead of the I.T. dept trying to get all the glitches out of the computers and tablets, they're too busy monitoring employees facebooks and twitter accts. what a joke. lol.

According to the NLRB, "An NLRB investigation found that the employee's Facebook postings constituted protected concerted activity, and that the company's blogging and internet posting policy contained unlawful provisions, including one that prohibited employees from making disparaging remarks when discussing the company or supervisors and another that prohibited employees from depicting the company in any way over the internet without company permission."

The NLRB complaint also alleges that the company, American Medical Response of Connecticut, Inc., and maintained and enforced an overly broad blogging and internet posting policy.

Fired for Facebook

Some people have said I have an answer for everything, or I am a know it all,,, well, when I tell people something I can always back it up

Has anyone ever considered that your I.P. address can be traced from any web site simply by saying you pose some sort of safety risk to the public...Dont feel so safe people behind this computer....You can be found out...Big brother could be watching...and many,many,many, more.

another $0.02 is cookies your browser receives and transmits whereby a good programmer has your system download your recent history and other website cookies, one thing to customize a page for you (Google homepage) but it also bought and sold on the open market to spammers. Each network has a SSID and IP address, which are so easily tracked it is not funny.The two kinds of networks (forgive the names, quoting from memory) are Static and Variable, meaning Static always has the same IP address, and Variable or Non Static gets a new IP address every time you log onto the net (My Cable Internet here is only Static, that is controlled by my provider) So go to your Library or Starbucks and use their Internet? Not so fast, each computer has a Unique Identifier or MAC address (fingerprint) and most have a hidden identifier made by each manufacturer that only they can access.

Yes big brother can find you, read your emails, read your posts on here, and yes, they can also watch you do your online banking with 512 and better encryption if they wish. All these things are child's play to a Government who is paid to break into foreign networks to crash and or spy (on our behalf) Is Truckingboards reporting your posts to Vitran? Do not know, but since they own it, and we are using it only with their permission, they may do whatever they want with your information, and don't need your OK at all.

another $0.02 is cookies your browser receives and transmits whereby a good programmer has your system download your recent history and other website cookies, one thing to customize a page for you (Google homepage) but it also bought and sold on the open market to spammers. Each network has a SSID and IP address, which are so easily tracked it is not funny.The two kinds of networks (forgive the names, quoting from memory) are Static and Variable, meaning Static always has the same IP address, and Variable or Non Static gets a new IP address every time you log onto the net (My Cable Internet here is only Static, that is controlled by my provider) So go to your Library or Starbucks and use their Internet? Not so fast, each computer has a Unique Identifier or MAC address (fingerprint) and most have a hidden identifier made by each manufacturer that only they can access.

Yes big brother can find you, read your emails, read your posts on here, and yes, they can also watch you do your online banking with 512 and better encryption if they wish. All these things are child's play to a Government who is paid to break into foreign networks to crash and or spy (on our behalf) Is Truckingboards reporting your posts to Vitran? Do not know, but since they own it, and we are using it only with their permission, they may do whatever they want with your information, and don't need your OK at all.
Every single word of that is true...I didnt break it down like that because I didnt want to cause a wide spread panic...But since its out there now let me give you guys some advice...Anyone with a computer science degree could access any thing he wants...Even a computer geek could do it. Sue?...I suppose you could but you would run out of money long before they do...Just be careful...Thats the best advice the Train can give you...I could tell you more...But NW has said all you need to know

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not know, but since they own it, and we are using it only with their permission, they may do whatever they want with your information, and don't need your OK at all.

No, TB will not give out any info without a court order.

Sorry Not_Wanted I cut out to much, no disrespect intended.

No, TB will not give out any info without a court order.

Sorry Not_Wanted I cut out to much, no disrespect intended.
Put something on here deemed inappropriate or even hints of some sort of a threat and a court order would be given in a New York minute...And that's all open to the interpretation of a Judge. Look, all I'm saying is be careful. Sometimes just kidding around can come back to bite you in azzzzzzz

Put something on here deemed inappropriate or even hints of some sort of a threat and a court order would be given in a New York minute...And that's all open to the interpretation of a Judge. Look, all I'm saying is be careful. Sometimes just kidding around can come back to bite you in azzzzzzz
Oh you ain't tellin me nothin, when I was at Fedex Freight I got called into the office, all I'm saying is TB won't willingly give anything away, like who you are without a court order, I try not to say anything on here that I would openly say in front of mgmt, but I'm a loud mouth so thats alot of stuff..LOL.

I hear ya....I won't be bullied by anyone...It sicken's me to see some management run all over some of the new guys. Most senior guys wont back down from their condescending attitudes. If I have a problem I almost always voice my opinions in meetings or at least have a few people around to verify what was said...They learn real quick which ones not to dis-respect. If they dish it out...They better be ready to take it. They won't browbeat me, I assure you of that.

Trying to give TB the benefit of doubt, BUT, I was involved in another board a long time ago only to find out that my company IT and a few other competition rentals were actually the ones who created it (only a few major players in the rental truck industry). Several quite after being confronted about negative comments on quality of trucks and management (and some posts could be taken as threats too) Sorry TB, not trying to tick you off, but when it comes to online things, unless I own it, I really have no definite idea who does. If someone had a briefcase with 250k for you to turn over the website to them, I bet 99% would take the money and run.

Trying to give TB the benefit of doubt, BUT, I was involved in another board a long time ago only to find out that my company IT and a few other competition rentals were actually the ones who created it (only a few major players in the rental truck industry). Several quite after being confronted about negative comments on quality of trucks and management (and some posts could be taken as threats too) Sorry TB, not trying to tick you off, but when it comes to online things, unless I own it, I really have no definite idea who does. If someone had a briefcase with 250k for you to turn over the website to them, I bet 99% would take the money and run.
I know what your saying, I really do but our owner has integrity, I have been on here off and on since 98, when Gutterbum owned it, Jeff bought it and has had it ever since. Like I tell everyone else including myself, don't say stuff on here that you wouldn't say to mgmt and everything will be fine. Sysco knows who I am, I have said some pretty harsh things, but as drivers thats what we do, even in the breakroom, they are used to it.

I do understand your feelings though, especially after what you been through, I just want you to know this site isn't like that.

I know what your saying, I really do but our owner has integrity, I have been on here off and on since 98, when Gutterbum owned it, Jeff bought it and has had it ever since. Like I tell everyone else including myself, don't say stuff on here that you wouldn't say to mgmt and everything will be fine. Sysco knows who I am, I have said some pretty harsh things, but as drivers thats what we do, even in the breakroom, they are used to it.

I do understand your feelings though, especially after what you been through, I just want you to know this site isn't like that.

Thank you for your input. Things I post here for the most part have been said either to supervisors, manager, and even safety. I pull no punches, a quiet sniveling driver or a please everyone political candidate i will never be.