Holland | We Are Getting The Largest Raise In Ltl History

Are you ..you do more damage to unions with your mouth than any non union dude I've ever spoke too.
Learn the definition of a scab.Its not a non union employee.
there are many form of de
That's the figures that I've seen as well. The article that he's referencing does state a $3 billion debt figure. I don't know where they're getting that and they are adding in for the pension liability. However at a 96.5 OR, even $800 million is a tall order to pay down.
there is different form of in the financial world different word phases obligations bond holders liabilities bank dept over all 3 billion https://www.freightwaves.com/news/ltl/yrc-workers-management-face-different-crossroads-n284f

This is from the above article and something I've been beating a drum about for years.

"YRC’s current conundrum is the legacy of a decades-old mantra of “bigger is better.” The mindset has been that the effect of massive volumes would overcome its inability to raise prices. The message, in no small part, has been hammered home by its big shippers as a rationale for refusing to accept rate increases, one of the executives said. Casting its lot with big accounts also became a vehicle for survival as the company twice has come close to liquidation during the past 10 years, and it needed tonnage at almost any price to keep the revenue flowing."

It may take some time to turn that around, I do think that with tight capacity, the time is ripe and it should be tried very quickly to take advantage of that fact. If no-one else will accept that freight with out a substantial increase, those big shippers will have to pay more. Will some leave and never come back? Possibly, but YRCW can't keep taking on loss or revenue neutral freight just to keep the money flowing.
The Scariest is the liability to the pension funds when they go bankrupt and the government takes them over there going to want the money owed rember we did not buy our way out of that obligation like ups and Kroger and others we only been paying in .25 we owe .75 more for 10 yrs as of now we’re not to big to fail we’re not that bid at all anymore 4 th and the government will want that money even if it forces us in bankrupt

The Scariest is the liability to the pension funds when they go bankrupt and the government takes them over there going to want the money owed rember we did not buy our way out of that obligation like ups and Kroger and others we only been paying in .25 we owe .75 more for 10 yrs as of now we’re not to big to fail we’re not that bid at all anymore 4 th and the government will want that money even if it forces us in bankrupt
You can keep using the part in this article if you like, I’ll use the SEC filing for the company for my numbers. As far as the pension liability, they will be treated just like any other creditor in a bankruptcy , they can’t force a company to pay more than what the assets are worth, that’s the point of “bankruptcy”.

You can keep using the part in this article if you like, I’ll use the SEC filing for the company for my numbers. As far as the pension liability, they will be treated just like any other creditor in a bankruptcy , they can’t force a company to pay more than what the assets are worth, that’s the point of “bankruptcy”.
Right my point we will go bankrupt. Out of biz so u think for the last 10 yrs of just paying .25 that with the notes to what we owe the banks is only 800 million we been 236 per week per man for the last 10 yrs and for the future 5 more of this contract

That 800 million is only bank notes

You present your speculation as fact,I say bs.
This is a government sponsored Ponzi scheme that our government had a big hand in the failing.
The company still pays into the PBGC insurance which is a crock because they have said they couldn’t fulfill their obligations either if YRCW failed.
The government isn’t coming after YRCW for anything pension related because we owe them nothing.
The pension is between Central States, the members and the Union.
68% of what Holland was paying into the pension was for people that never worked for Holland.
The government has known about this for decades .If you or I set up the same identical plan we would be in prison with Bernie Madoff.

Of All the LTL freight companies in History
Not 1 has secured a $4 raise and A Week of Vacation (On Day 1)
No it's not Billions more put into an insolvent Pension
Might not be $11 or $12 over the contract
May not even include Ground Hogs Day off but the Largest Raise in LTL History is a step in the right direction to keep over 30000 people employed to support their families
No one is gonna get every single thing we want Right Now but is it worth being at the bottom of somebody's roster having to work a full year to get a week of vacation
Climbing the pay progression scale
Under coworkers our children age in seniority
Many many other points we all can think of

This is not a raise 25.00 something for city and .63 a mile road is what we were suppose to be at when the MOU ended not 5 years from now. All this is is 5 more years of give backs. I don't know what the hourly rate is for ABF but the road drivers will be at .68 per mile at the end of there contract. So this is no raise if anything it's a slap in the face a insult.

Of All the LTL freight companies in History
Not 1 has secured a $4 raise and A Week of Vacation (On Day 1)
No it's not Billions more put into an insolvent Pension
Might not be $11 or $12 over the contract
May not even include Ground Hogs Day off but the Largest Raise in LTL History is a step in the right direction to keep over 30000 people employed to support their families
No one is gonna get every single thing we want Right Now but is it worth being at the bottom of somebody's roster having to work a full year to get a week of vacation
Climbing the pay progression scale
Under coworkers our children age in seniority
Many many other points we all can think of

SMH....The largest raise in LTL history? You took the largest pay cut and billions in concessions 10 years ago. You do realize you were ahead of everyone else 10 years ago and then took 50 steps backward and now you are moving ahead only 30 steps? You are still 20 steps away from being where you were 10 years ago....nothing to cheer for yet.

SMH....The largest raise in LTL history? You took the largest pay cut and billions in concessions 10 years ago. You do realize you were ahead of everyone else 10 years ago and then took 50 steps backward and now you are moving ahead only 30 steps? You are still 20 steps away from being where you were 10 years ago....nothing to cheer for yet.
Sometimes you're gonna be ahead of the pack and other times you may have to catch back up, when did not being the top paid started meaning shut the company down, there's always gonna be somebody somewhere being paid more and like you even said, at least it's 30 steps forward
Progress nonetheless
10 years ago we took cuts to save jobs not just for the hell of it
But moving forward if these are the kinds of contracts we're gonna be getting, more than we've ever gotten in the past Then sign me up
Voting Yes

This is not a raise 25.00 something for city and .63 a mile road is what we were suppose to be at when the MOU ended not 5 years from now. All this is is 5 more years of give backs. I don't know what the hourly rate is for ABF but the road drivers will be at .68 per mile at the end of there contract. So this is no raise if anything it's a slap in the face a insult.
Agree then shut it down and we all go elsewhere and make more
Close the Gates since they didn't pay the rate

This is a government sponsored Ponzi scheme that our government had a big hand in the failing.
The company still pays into the PBGC insurance which is a crock because they have said they couldn’t fulfill their obligations either if YRCW failed.
The government isn’t coming after YRCW for anything pension related because we owe them nothing.
68% of what Holland was paying into the pension was for people that never worked for Holland.
The government has known about this for decades .If you or I set up the same identical plan we would be in prison with Bernie Madoff.
Ok that’s why ups paid 8 billion to get out along with Kroger and others guess there dumber than yrc not het a life

Agree then shut it down and we all go elsewhere and make more
Close the Gates since they didn't pay the rate
I guess ups and Kroger spent billions so when the fund went bankrupt they couldn’t pay anything i think they would have kept there money and let the fund go go under if there was no penalty

Ya some that see the big picture

These guy have to be salary employees payed by yrc or as most of us put cry for all we lost

Sometimes you're gonna be ahead of the pack and other times you may have to catch back up, when did not being the top paid started meaning shut the company down, there's always gonna be somebody somewhere being paid more and like you even said, at least it's 30 steps forward
Progress nonetheless
10 years ago we took cuts to save jobs not just for the hell of it
But moving forward if these are the kinds of contracts we're gonna be getting, more than we've ever gotten in the past Then sign me up
Voting Yes
Abf 9000 employees 1 company yrc 7 companies at least 30000 plus and we make 18200 a year less than we do what is wrong with this picture please tell me i want to know
Here's an example of city driver wages presently being paid in Ohio under the YRC Mou (3-31-2015 to 3-31-2019)...

Wages
$22.19 per hour
$887.60 per 40 hour week
$46,155.20 per year

Health & Welfare (Central States H&W TeamCare)
$401.13 per week
$20,858.76 per year

Pension (Central States Pension Class 18)
$106.55 per week
$5540.60 per year

Total Compensation
$72,554.56 per year
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an example of city driver wages presently being paid in Ohio under the ABF NMFA Central Region Local Cartage Agreement (4-1-2018 to 6-30-2023)...

Wages
$25.0942 per hour
$1003.77 per week
$52,196.04 per year

$401.13 per week
$20,858.76 per year

$342.00 per week
$17,784.00 per year

Total Compensation $90,838.80 per year
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember that these figures are based on a flat 40 hours a week and do not include difference in vacations, etc. Also wages and fringe benefit contribution rates are different across the country under different supplemental agreements and riders with locals and their benefit plans.

Total Compensation Difference Between YRC companies and ABF Freight is $18,284.24 a year or about 20% higher at ABF Freight. This could vary across the country depending on their current wages. A quote plz respond

Right it is right now between yrc and the teamsters till it get taken over by pgcb then the gov is stepping in

Than if it was that easy y wouldn’t every other company just quit paying in and just say it don’t matter it’s going bankrupt because it’s a obligation that the government will come after

Abf 9000 employees 1 company yrc 7 companies at least 30000 plus and we make 18200 a year less than we do what is wrong with this picture please tell me i want to know
Here's an example of city driver wages presently being paid in Ohio under the YRC Mou (3-31-2015 to 3-31-2019)...

Wages
$22.19 per hour
$887.60 per 40 hour week
$46,155.20 per year

$401.13 per week
$20,858.76 per year

$106.55 per week
$5540.60 per year

Total Compensation
$72,554.56 per year
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an example of city driver wages presently being paid in Ohio under the ABF NMFA Central Region Local Cartage Agreement (4-1-2018 to 6-30-2023)...

Wages
$25.0942 per hour
$1003.77 per week
$52,196.04 per year

$401.13 per week
$20,858.76 per year

$342.00 per week
$17,784.00 per year

Total Compensation $90,838.80 per year
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember that these figures are based on a flat 40 hours a week and do not include difference in vacations, etc. Also wages and fringe benefit contribution rates are different across the country under different supplemental agreements and riders with locals and their benefit plans.

Total Compensation Difference Between YRC companies and ABF Freight is $18,284.24 a year or about 20% higher at ABF Freight. This could vary across the country depending on their current wages. A quote plz respond

Take away the full pension contributions and it’s not far away from where we will be.
Didn’t someone else post that? Nonetheless,why in world didn’t you go to ABF?
You had 10 years. I think you might be an outsider trying to bring the union down.