XPO | We do what we do.

Godslave

TB Lurker
Credits
We dockworkers work hard every day to move freight. I know the DSRs do as well. But you have to do what is needed to make the job easier on the next guy. We're all in this together, and not loading freight so it doesn't collapse or fall over is just disrespecting the next guy down the line. Working inbound has made me much more conscientious on the outbound shift, because I don't want NCH or NAT or NKX or even XHG having to do anything more than fork my freight onto the next trailer. I sweep out my trailers; I want the next guy to know that NAV is a top-notch SIC. Our regional safety manager visited the office Friday, and I was cleaning up outside. I walked in the lobby and heard him tell our FOM that NAV was much cleaner than he expected. You just have to take pride in where you work and for whom you work. Yes, I may be changing jobs, but only because of the pay. I'll take that same ethic down the road (literally, 200 yards or so) to Estes if they want it.

You are doing what most have done and are doing. Leaving. And corporate still doesn’t understand why. Even though they get told all the time. The palace makes the rules. It’s their company. We decide if it’s right for us or not. They get to live with the results. Just ask them. RESULTS MATTER

We dockworkers work hard every day to move freight. I know the DSRs do as well. But you have to do what is needed to make the job easier on the next guy. We're all in this together, and not loading freight so it doesn't collapse or fall over is just disrespecting the next guy down the line. Working inbound has made me much more conscientious on the outbound shift, because I don't want NCH or NAT or NKX or even XHG having to do anything more than fork my freight onto the next trailer. I sweep out my trailers; I want the next guy to know that NAV is a top-notch SIC. Our regional safety manager visited the office Friday, and I was cleaning up outside. I walked in the lobby and heard him tell our FOM that NAV was much cleaner than he expected. You just have to take pride in where you work and for whom you work. Yes, I may be changing jobs, but only because of the pay. I'll take that same ethic down the road (literally, 200 yards or so) to Estes if they want it.
I don’t work for xpo but another carrier and it’s the same thing a lot of times when I work inbound stuff is all over the place whoever loaded it definitely didn’t have them next guy in mind. Takes a minute to secure frieght but takes much longer to recoup

You are doing what most have done and are doing. Leaving. And corporate still doesn’t understand why. Even though they get told all the time. The palace makes the rules. It’s their company. We decide if it’s right for us or not. They get to live with the results. Just ask them. RESULTS MATTER
I'm not leaving unless it's for more pay, because I love it at NAV. I haven't even finished my application yet.