Estes | Weather conditions, when we should and should not go out? Your judgement?

he's fine. Lost a truck and pups due to weather and bad decision by management to send us out.
weather was horrible yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
company policy is drivers discretion if it is safe to go always has been but they will do there best to get you to move the freight

driver discretion my Rear End!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was forced to try to make it to Chicago sunday night. ive been sitting in Indy for the last 2 days!! Not to mention the wrecker bill to pull me about 20 feet. got stuck on the exit ramp to the Indy terminal. When i called Central dispatch they say what are you doing up there driver, everything is closed!!!!!!!!! Really????? This is Bull$hit!!! Wont happen again, I promise you that!!!!!!!

driver discretion my Rear End!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was forced to try to make it to Chicago sunday night. ive been sitting in Indy for the last 2 days!! Not to mention the wrecker bill to pull me about 20 feet. got stuck on the exit ramp to the Indy terminal. When i called Central dispatch they say what are you doing up there driver, everything is closed!!!!!!!!! Really????? This is Bull$hit!!! Wont happen again, I promise you that!!!!!!!

I hear ya driver... I was told by one of the top dispatchers in Central Dispatch, that of you get reports from the Weather Channel and NOAA Weather Central that roads are in impassable conditions, tell them and they can't make you do the "you have to make an effort" thing.. It will not count as a "no call..no show".. So they can't fire you...