ODFL | Weather

Newb21

TB Lurker
Credits
17753.md.jpg
Last paragraph says they'll never dispatch us into unsafe weather takes all my fingers and toes to count the times they have or have tried. They claim to have all this tech, but yet central appears to leave all dispatch decisions up to each local dispatcher/manager.

Not surprised, I'm currently without power or water and over 12 inches of snow and ice. Roads are extremely bad where I'm at with another storm on the way.

huh, I was stuck up in a hotel in Providence when that storm hit NYC/Boston. I called and asked Central about leaving(7am) and they said stay where I was and to call back the next morning. This was 2 weeks ago. Now NC got hit with alot of ice on Saturday, and I called to check to make sure I was leaving, they said yes. Then called me back 2 hours later saying they were cancelling all the loads. I was off on Thursday, and didn't know if any storm hit up in the NE wed or thursday as I was heading south.

Yesterday they sent us a message over the hand held. And a reminder today. Pickup NO shipments destined for Texas.
huh, why? TX should be back up and dried out by the end of next week. From what I've been hearing, temps are suppose to warm up middle of next week there.

No. Texas is kaput.

ALL of the Amazon, Walmart, Kroger DISTRIBUTIONS and related warehousing is DEAD, Dark, no power, frozen. No one there to move anything. This is a historic event destined to prove the hubris that the State of Texas once had on it's beloved blessed green power.

Even the plants generating electricity is killed when the very waters of the gulf coast holding ponds froze causing the intake pumps to fail completely leaving the turbines and boilers without steam to make electricity. Oh the mockery.

If the trucking is smart, NOTHING moves to texas except propane, humitarian supplies and necessary water, sewer and other associated never-out necessities to protect life. Funeral homes are already ordering up reefer trailers to hold dozens of dead.

As for warming up not happening until at least Tuesday, we don't expect to be above freezing any length of time here in Arkansas until at least wedensday. I-40 is closed anyway all day since one texas trucker took out a trooper in Lonoke ran off and was arrested in North Little Rock a few hours ago. An examination of I40 live cameras show the westbound completely stuffed and sitting quietly into the night.

Trooper was providing a advance warning to stop prior to a previous accident, the oncoming trucker jackknifed after failed braking on snow and ice trying to stop. Took out trooper and his car into the treeline off the interstate, straightened out and ran off. He then got hunted and then caught.

Wonders of all that computer ::shit:: in modern trucks don't count for a damn thing if idiot holders do not know to park it in bad weather.