FedEx Freight | weather

Quigley

TB Lurker
Credits
Please everybody be careful out there.... They are saying this will be a record breaker storm..... They shut Oklahoma City down at 2 am Tues... Bad here.... Be safe !!!!!!

Just gotta call @ 5am stay home till we call I drive I-80 from RKI to almost the other side of Iowa, 17mm, If they play this smart I'll volunteer for Saturday if not I got a good book and a deck of cards for the motel We are looking or a blizzard by the end of Wed.

Just gotta call @ 5am stay home till we call I drive I-80 from RKI to almost the other side of Iowa, 17mm, If they play this smart I'll volunteer for Saturday if not I got a good book and a deck of cards for the motel We are looking or a blizzard by the end of Wed.
got my call at 5:00am also out of ind.I heard a driver say to another, at 10:00pm last night, they shut the region down(not confirmed)looks like it's gonna be bad for a couple days.for now I am on hold till latter this morning.not looking good going west.protect your job,enough call in and take a day they will close down your term. no occurrecne!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya,,, we've never seen a "Blizzard Warning" in this area as far as I know...... I know some up north or west are used to it,,,,, I figure snow is better than ice any day..... It has now changed from freezing rain to sleet.... Guess thats good.......

Heard a driver left Monday nite for Muaston WI 9 hrs on the road and has not made it yet (5:30 am)

As of right now we have 11.5 inches in Tulsa, we are shut down at Sysco, the news keeps saying the city is crippled, this is a big event for us, where some areas are used to this, it really kills us, have seen emergency services stuck all over the news.

EKC city shut down today. Got the call @ 8 this morning.

Thats surprising, I have seen KC running no matter what, good call though on mgmts part, our snow is supposed to tapper of around noon but the wind speed is supposed to pick up here, its already around 15-25, stuff is blowing everywhere, I'm sure your dealing with the same thing.

I don't mind going to work but I just hate to get stuck and fall farther behind in my deliveries, got my chains made so maybe that will help!!

Edit: now its mid to late afternoon, gee whiz...

Out of SBG they are talking about bringing in P&D drivers at 1500 or 1600 and shutting down tomorrow. Heard they were not going to run linehaul. They are calling for 18 to 22 inches of snow here with 45mph winds.

Out of SBG they are talking about bringing in P&D drivers at 1500 or 1600 and shutting down tomorrow. Heard they were not going to run linehaul. They are calling for 18 to 22 inches of snow here with 45mph winds.

where is this sbg?

I-70 closes

mo.dot has closed i-70 in cooper and callaway county in mo---this is around columbia to kingdom city area. 12" snow so far with high winds. to many accidents to comprehend.