Estes | Webb Estes should be ashamed

supertrucker72

TB Lurker
Credits
Webb you should be ashamed of yourself. I bet grandpa is rolling over in his grave. You and corp is giving up on some hard working guys in areas you need teams and single seat extra board all because they are coming from Yellow. Corp is not the ones interviewing but the local terminals are and you folks at corp are giving the green and red light on men and women you never met. I hate to say this but someday what goes around comes around. If you have no intention on giving these guys a job then just pull the open positions from the website like SouthEastern did. Don’t sit and interview 8 guys last week out of a certain city just for corp to deny all 8. Then this week set up 5 so far interview 2 just to turn them down as well. Hopefully this gets out and Estes gets sued for discrimination hate to say it but that’s what’s going on.

Webb you should be ashamed of yourself. I bet grandpa is rolling over in his grave. You and corp is giving up on some hard working guys in areas you need teams and single seat extra board all because they are coming from Yellow. Corp is not the ones interviewing but the local terminals are and you folks at corp are giving the green and red light on men and women you never met. I hate to say this but someday what goes around comes around. If you have no intention on giving these guys a job then just pull the open positions from the website like SouthEastern did. Don’t sit and interview 8 guys last week out of a certain city just for corp to deny all 8. Then this week set up 5 so far interview 2 just to turn them down as well. Hopefully this gets out and Estes gets sued for discrimination hate to say it but that’s what’s going on.
i caught the tail end of the hearing. i heard Estes being mentioned. what is their angle here ?

It is Webbs’ company and he can direct his employees to do whatever he wants. The employees at Estes are treated very well by the company’s leadership and also trust the correct decisions are being made. I am sure vetting is being held to a strict process to avoid a conflict with prior union members disrupting current operations.

They need some more drivers. They are making mandatory extra days and over time for their workers. Its ok for a while but dont burnt out the help you got. These people looking for a job are human beings wanting to provide for their families. They can drive a truck and work a dock just as good as any driver or dock worker. Lets not be petty.

It is Webbs’ company and he can direct his employees to do whatever he wants. The employees at Estes are treated very well by the company’s leadership and also trust the correct decisions are being made. I am sure vetting is being held to a strict process to avoid a conflict with prior union members disrupting current operations.
Its Estes family company. Estes is a good company but it can change and be a hell hole as some other companies are. I hope not. We need drivers though with the extra freight coming in. You are hiring a candidate for their ability to do a job. Im sure these folks know not to mention the union at a non union place.

Nobody is entitled to a job. Management has a responsibility to ensure a company remains profitable. Hiring a bunch of former union drivers at once could potentially disrupt current operations. Hoping for lawsuits over not receiving a job offer is evidence of that.

Nobody is entitled to a job. Management has a responsibility to ensure a company remains profitable. Hiring a bunch of former union drivers at once could potentially disrupt current operations. Hoping for lawsuits over not receiving a job offer is evidence of that.
biggest crock of SHT i've ever heard. it's sad that this type of mentality exists. HR departments and the CEO's they work are to blame. they spread this nonsense. every job has slackers, non-unions ain't no different. did we at New Penn have pieces of SHT working alongside the good guys ? absolutely but that's an anomaly. 90% of my co-workers busted their @sses everyday. and think about this, you really believe guys who just lost everything are gonna be prima donnas or just grateful they can pay their bills and provide for their families again ?

biggest crock of SHT i've ever heard. it's sad that this type of mentality exists. HR departments and the CEO's they work are to blame. they spread this nonsense. every job has slackers, non-unions ain't no different. did we at New Penn have pieces of SHT working alongside the good guys ? absolutely but that's an anomaly. 90% of my co-workers busted their @sses everyday. and think about this, you really believe guys who just lost everything are gonna be prima donnas or just grateful they can pay their bills and provide for their families again ?
I never said anything about slackers. That's all in your mind, not mine. I hope everyone can get back to work. No, Estes shouldn't be sued because they don't hire someone.

And this type of thought process is why Yellow is bankrupt. It’s always managements fault right? 🙄🙄🙄

All I can say is this.....,1970's had high inflation. High "spoiled" wages for the workers who were union ...So....some people got together....and decided to change the rules..
Deregulate...destroy the spoiled union workers and the companies who employed them.
In comes a few of these companies which are top today.....the new "spoiled" nonunion workers ..who paid even better than Yellow.

The Fed is up to it's old tricks.....and now there are 300 vacant trucking terminals scattered throughout the country in good trucking locations

Ya might think.....some won't get out...till every penny is paid......or the cries of the laborers who were cheated...have reached the ears of God.

Or...ya might be antiChrist New Age .and believe in karma....what goes around comes around....or what comes around goes around.

Usurious lenders like Appollo exist...and it's high interest by order of the Fed.

So.....somebody's gonna come along and fill them trucks and terminals.
And they're gonna do to the nonunions of today....what the nonunions of the 80',s did to the unions of the 80's.
And people like Appollo will ensure that the workers which full them terminals will do everything and anything to undercut everybody.

And profitable nonunions will fall...just like the unions fell.

Ya reap what you sew.

Unless Estes is somehow helping Yellow to get something back together.

One thing to remember is that Estes has people dedicated to monitor all social media sites. If you apply for a position you can guarantee someone is scrubbing the internet and social media sites for comments and posts made by any applicant. Calling non union companies scumbags and other derogatory statements directed toward other than union workers will be scrutinized and opinions formed about that individuals character.

While the top brass probably doesn't want anything to do with the union they'll hire drivers from union companies because they need drivers to move the freight. In my time with this company I've worked with plenty of guys from YRC/Holland, UPS/T-Force, NEMF and ABF. Some of them had 10-15 years in with those companies.

To me its the terminal managers that are deathly afraid of the union coming in. I'm sure they all remember what happened to WMX when their dock tried to unionize and don't want that to happen to their terminals. It's :shit:ty on their part because if you just treated the employees well you wouldn't have to be scared of them running to the teamsters for representation. Hopefully all the displaced workers land something decent and can move on.

It's not about how well they're treated, it's about that employees' perception of how they are treated and their thoughts about what the IBT can do for them. Of course they hire former Teamsters from time to time but bringing any hint of adversarial management/worker in the trenches relationship vibe doesn't scream hire me. They aren't going to hold your former employer against you, but they will hold your demeanor/ vibe / attitude against you.

One thing to remember is that Estes has people dedicated to monitor all social media sites. If you apply for a position you can guarantee someone is scrubbing the internet and social media sites for comments and posts made by any applicant. Calling non union companies scumbags and other derogatory statements directed toward other than union workers will be scrutinized and opinions formed about that individuals character.
Absolutely this....

I worked for roadway years ago. The union envronment was the the worst environment I've ever worked in. The atmosphere was disgusting. Nobody did their job and everybody was mad all the time. Now 30,000 people don't have jobs. Hey Joe Biden, aren't your unions great? !

Discrimination laws don't apply here.

I worked for roadway years ago. The union envronment was the the worst environment I've ever worked in. The atmosphere was disgusting. Nobody did their job and everybody was mad all the time. Now 30,000 people don't have jobs. Hey Joe Biden, aren't your unions great? !
The videos of employees cursing and yelling at management said a lot. In life there's a system of heirachy. Wether it's the classroom, sports field, church, your employment or your home. Things don't function right without that. You can disagree with your superiors without being disrespectful towards them. Having disdain and hatred towards your employer, coach, teacher etc is not a healthy way of living. Everyone has a boss.