Estes | Webb Estes should be ashamed

One thing to remember is that Estes has people dedicated to monitor all social media sites. If you apply for a position you can guarantee someone is scrubbing the internet and social media sites for comments and posts made by any applicant. Calling non union companies scumbags and other derogatory statements directed toward other than union workers will be scrutinized and opinions formed about that individuals character.
I thought these boards were anonymous. Nobody uses their real names. Its a place to vent and have freedom of speech i thought. If any company can see who is posting on here then Trucking Boards needs to tell us. Also im sure non union folks comment on here as union folks just to stir the pot and vice versa.

Hmmm what gets the economy moving?
Cheap shipping.
That's what the economy wants in them 300 Yellow terminals.
Hold on.
It wouldnt surprise me that at some point foreign workers take over Trucking as they have other industries as cheap labor. I think Illinois is hiring illegals as police officers now. You cant make this stuff up. People here illegal being hired to enforce the law. What has happened to America?

They need some more drivers. They are making mandatory extra days and over time for their workers. Its ok for a while but dont burnt out the help you got. These people looking for a job are human beings wanting to provide for their families. They can drive a truck and work a dock just as good as any driver or dock worker. Lets not be petty.

I would think the Yellow guys would be less enthusiastic about the union than the Estes drivers after being given the back of his hand by O'Brien.

The videos of employees cursing and yelling at management said a lot. In life there's a system of heirachy. Wether it's the classroom, sports field, church, your employment or your home. Things don't function right without that. You can disagree with your superiors without being disrespectful towards them. Having disdain and hatred towards your employer, coach, teacher etc is not a healthy way of living. Everyone has a boss.
Freedom of speech doesn’t necessarily mean freedom from the responsibilities of said speech….

Freedom of speech doesn’t necessarily mean freedom from the responsibilities of said speech….
I get it but a lot of people come on here to rant just to blow off steam and they feel a little better afterwards but in the grand scheme of things they are decent human beings. This board is a great place just to release some feelings when nobody else will listen. Most of the world doesnt care about trucking or drivers.

I get it but a lot of people come on here to rant just to blow off steam and they feel a little better afterwards but in the grand scheme of things they are decent human beings. This board is a great place just to release some feelings when nobody else will listen. Most of the world doesnt care about trucking or drivers.
I was referring to some of the Yellow drivers in videos, particularly the guy on the dock absolutely losing his ::shit::… I get it, those guys put up with A LOT and I’d be pissed as hell too, but it’s a place of business. There’s a way to voice your opinion and displeasure without showing your ass.

Most average people never heard about the companies we work for

I thought these boards were anonymous. Nobody uses their real names. Its a place to vent and have freedom of speech i thought. If any company can see who is posting on here then Trucking Boards needs to tell us. Also im sure non union folks comment on here as union folks just to stir the pot and vice versa.
No one knows who posts here unless you out yourself.

No one knows who posts here unless you out yourself.
I actually figured out my old meet guy was a truckingboards member years ago. He posted about his meet guy bringing him a new truck and turns out he was talking about me. :busted:

Webb you should be ashamed of yourself. I bet grandpa is rolling over in his grave. You and corp is giving up on some hard working guys in areas you need teams and single seat extra board all because they are coming from Yellow. Corp is not the ones interviewing but the local terminals are and you folks at corp are giving the green and red light on men and women you never met. I hate to say this but someday what goes around comes around. If you have no intention on giving these guys a job then just pull the open positions from the website like SouthEastern did. Don’t sit and interview 8 guys last week out of a certain city just for corp to deny all 8. Then this week set up 5 so far interview 2 just to turn them down as well. Hopefully this gets out and Estes gets sued for discrimination hate to say it but that’s what’s going on.
I got hired by Estes not sure what the issue is for others.

Freedom of Speech, guarantee’s you the right to address government with your list of grievances, without fear of retribution. Freedom of Speech does not guarantee your right to criticize anything/anyone else.