ODFL | Weekend Warriors

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
It’s that time of year when all the sissy city drivers want to work weekends so I overheard some arguing saying that central calls them by seniority. I thought any line driver that signs up gets dibs before them since that’s their classification or them things change?

It’s that time of year when all the sissy city drivers want to work weekends so I overheard some arguing saying that central calls them by seniority. I thought any line driver that signs up gets dibs before them since that’s their classification or them things change?
That’s the way that we do it. A sign up sheet goes out a week prior to the holiday or weekend. The problem some of us have is they grab the newest tractors. Let’s see, no fuel, chicken bones, sunflower seeds, soda spilled, and garbage left behind. That’s okay, they usually don’t clear the the BLU messages so I get their employee number, gather up the mess in a bag and return it to them. Not all are like that though, some actually take care of the equipment.

That’s becoming almost any type of OD driver. These city kids we hire these days are the generation of where their mama cleaned up after then.

I never run weekends anymore so it don’t matter to me, but that’s how I thought it should be. Line needs to work first for the wild guys who do not get a full week.

We have regular weekend work including 4 Kettleman City meets on Saturday.They cover with P&D so as not to use up all the extra board guys.it's gotten so bad you have to talk to our linehaul dispatcher on Monday to get a run.Even a big strapper like me since it's first come on those.

I’ll just keep on driving my old ‘07 every night... it’s a junker but it’s my junker and nobody else will drive it. It’s silly seeing guys standing around waiting for a truck, making their meet driver wait on them when there are still road units on the yard... but they are above driving an old truck. So I just shake my head and leave out on time every night.

Gee, when I put the garbage left in my tractor on our dispatchers desk and asked him how he liked it, he picked it up and threw it across the room and said he was sick of us bringing our garbage in and leaving it on this desk, Said it s a dayshift problem so guess what, I DONT GIVE A CRAP anymore either. Billy, your boys can now drive a filthy truck cuz that new one will now be treated like a city tractor, just push the trash over to the right seat and forget about cleaning floors, dash or anything else

This is an LTL freight company, slip seating happens. You want an assigned tractor, I’m sure Swift or Werner would be glad to have you.
I realize that.But the point is we were speaking about pig pens.I like to use Line drivers' trucks that are kept clean.The love it because I return it how I found it.But when anyone ever brings it up then they say "a trucks a truck.They're all the same color."

And yes the kids run in I'm the morning and grab the shiniest wheels they can find.

KwE5Etl.jpg

BillyLo Yard Services equipment...….