Central Transport | Weekly meetings

realtree

TB Lurker
Credits
Are the meeting just pissing us off even more? Its all about the money vitran is making while our hours are cut, no raises, no 401k contribution ,no over time, I'm sicken! 10 years of busting my ass for what...for fckn what?..anyway thanks for letting me chew on your ears i'm just venting

our t.m. told us they want any driver over the starting wage gone but want them to quit so they dont collect unemployment
Are the meeting just pissing us off even more? Its all about the money vitran is making while our hours are cut, no raises, no 401k contribution ,no over time, I'm sicken! 10 years of busting my ass for what...for fckn what?..anyway thanks for letting me chew on your ears i'm just venting

Give the new guy a chance, changes are not going to happen overnight, or even in a month, that is why he will make his speech in the second quarter about was was done in the first. Are they making money? Sure they are, the loss comes post tax, depreciation and other write offs is what puts us in a negative, but that is where they want it, don't have to pay taxes if you don't show a profit. I have talked to a few Fed Ex guys, they all agree it is his way or the highway, everyone from VP down to dock worker, if he says this is what he wants, then you better give it to him. I hope he also makes big strides, we all know n50 things that should be improved, but no one was taking charge to lead the troops, hopefully this will change now. Another thing that needs to be addressed is in my area CCX is the only one with higher pay, so it must say something that other LTL drivers won't work here even for more money (Fed Ex, Dayton, OD, YRC, Holland). Why? Equipment and Bull**** bosses. Address them two and they can actually hire some drivers

hopefully this guy looks at the top as well as the bottom, usually they do the blaming and cutting from the bottom while the comp is top heavy and they're the ones making the decisions in the 1st place.

If you all will remember what Chris said during his introductory video, about how important communication is to the operation of any company, then you will understand the juxt for the weekly meetings. The meetings are in no small way to make improvements! Take this weekly opportunity and speak up! Be a man! Dont be so shy! Be outspoken! Chris asked for leadership from each of us. Springtime is coming, winter will be over soon. Positive change is coming to Washington, and hopefully here as well.

Im a Fedex guy and actually have spent some time with Chris. He is a great guy,absolutley approachable. Our loss is your gain!

Glad top hear that. i was at a place where they had a DOT rating as bad as here, hired a a new safety guy to clean it up, he did, but in the process of holding drivers and mechanics responsible, he caused an employee revolt that got him fired, to bad, I thought he did things right.

We are a lot bigger, so I don't see that happening, just hope he has the backing of the higher ups to do what needs to be done, regardless of what gets said behind his back. This could be a good place work if someone takes the horse and makes it run.

I love getting an out of inspection trailer to pull somewhere, and when I point out the inspection, I am told it'd be three or four hours to swing it. Now I know it doesn't take that long, and they know we drivers don't want to wait that long, unpaid and run out of hours. They'll take that long ,too, out of spite and to teach you not to notice next time. So until this attitude changes, not much else will...

You have two people to blame there, the former driver (if he did not write it up) and the mechanic for being lazy.