ODFL | WELCOME TO OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE

This is ODFL,......NOT the other X Trucking Company you came from.
Please don't bring your problems from X here. We at ODFL strive to be the BEST, we work like a well oiled machine. We care and welcome you to our TEAM and would like you to learn what it is like to be the OD brand.
Be OD
Is this directed at someone specific or are you just grandstanding again?
I really haven't read any comments about people bringing their "problems" to OD. Maybe some examples or quotes you could post would help is all out. Thanks!

Y'all, it seems like there's a little more free form discussion and room for differing opinions on this forum than there has been in the past. That's fine, doesn't mean the sky is falling or we are all going to hell, nor should it be squashed and not allowed to occur. Being OD does not mean not being able to voice opinion/concern/outright disagreement with our jobs or employer.

Y'all, it seems like there's a little more free form discussion and room for differing opinions on this forum than there has been in the past. That's fine, doesn't mean the sky is falling or we are all going to hell, nor should it be squashed and not allowed to occur. Being OD does not mean not being able to voice opinion/concern/outright disagreement with our jobs or employer.

Nothing has changed maybe some have learned to post with out name calling or are posting within the forum rules or closer to them.If you want no contact with a member put him on ignore ...simple as that.

Ouch ! Had hard enough time as driver/trainer... OTR... HAD PEOPLE 4 3 WEEKS AT A TIME, ANYTHING LONGER, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN RIDING GREYHOUND.. LOL !!!

Got some good stories and the money was good in those days. People would freak when I pulled out my stub and showed them I made 70k that year. Do it now in the city lol. Needed to get off the road and find more punani.

So glad... On a turn & burn everyday.. Day lane on top of that.. Got great meet guy and run into a great terminal HAR...

You got what line drivers dream of. Got too much vacation and safety bonus to walk out. When I finished teaming, I did linehaul also until OD started expanding and I'd follow the growth. Now they're at the other end of the coast and I'm near the top of the list. Just gonna stay put and cry some tears on here to pass my time til retirement.

I have noticed, that the older guys r worked like rented mules in the P&D operations... I don't understand why...?? It seems at alot of terms.. Been with O.D. 7 yrs.. Honestly, it is a good home.. City guys should be feared.. Adrenaline always going... What a RUSH !!!

I have noticed, that the older guys r worked like rented mules in the P&D operations... I don't understand why...?? It seems at alot of terms.. Been with O.D. 7 yrs.. Honestly, it is a good home.. City guys should be feared.. Adrenaline always going... What a RUSH !!!

Never a slow day even if I run the same area all the time. Did a short 300 some mile turn yesterday on LH. Got Bored AF.

You got what line drivers dream of. Got too much vacation and safety bonus to walk out. When I finished teaming, I did linehaul also until OD started expanding and I'd follow the growth. Now they're at the other end of the coast and I'm near the top of the list. Just gonna stay put and cry some tears on here to pass my time til retirement.
RETIREMENT???
There are very few Companies that offer retirement. Don't know of any Company that offers Drivers retirement. A 401 is your investment to the day you finally say enough (age 66 1/2 for me so far). Company match is NOT a retirement package. Remember when people would retire and they would get benefits.

RETIREMENT???
There are very few Companies that offer retirement. Don't know of any Company that offers Drivers retirement. A 401 is your investment to the day you finally say enough (age 66 1/2 for me so far). Company match is NOT a retirement package. Remember when people would retire and they would get benefits.

Very true for many people, but I haven't been married 5 times and don't carry a chain smoking habit like all our other drivers so it's allowed me to save a bit over the years.