Central Transport | Welcome to the South Ya'll!

boomerang

TB Lurker
Credits
Wow! What news to drop on us on the 14th! After two days of worry, I have concluded that from this point forward, I will only be optimistic about our future. I want to learn everything I can about Vitran. Likewise, I will share info. about Milan Express with you. I have to be able to convince my customers about Vitran's capabilities, and how much of a positive effect this "union" will be for them. Please keep in mind that the info I am seeking is good correct & accurate. If we (the wokers) really desire our future to be bright, then it is up to us to establish a bond of trust and to create an atmosphere which will be conducive to that end. I look forward to working with each of you. I do however live in litteralville. I do anticipate some difficulty in the near future. That being said, the only way for all of to prosper is to roll up our sleeves, join and work together. This way none of us will be alone as we venture into this new endevour.

Read all the threads on this forum, 99% of the stuff is true. They will be a lot of difficult times, a lot of times when you can't understand why management can't manage. If you have a good terminal manager they know how to corrupt them with bonus money. Good luck

How long have you been employed with Vitran Simple 723? Were you employed elsewhere until "bought-out" by Vitran? If so, what was the transition process like? Does Vitran management follow through with promises? Can current employees of Milan Express expect to be able to trust Vitran management? Do they have an "open-door" policy? By this I mean do they encourage input and ideas from their associates? Does Vitran mgmt. make themselves accessible or are they often times scarce?

Wow! What news to drop on us on the 14th! After two days of worry, I have concluded that from this point forward, I will only be optimistic about our future. I want to learn everything I can about Vitran. Likewise, I will share info. about Milan Express with you. I have to be able to convince my customers about Vitran's capabilities, and how much of a positive effect this "union" will be for them. Please keep in mind that the info I am seeking is good correct & accurate. If we (the wokers) really desire our future to be bright, then it is up to us to establish a bond of trust and to create an atmosphere which will be conducive to that end. I look forward to working with each of you. I do however live in litteralville. I do anticipate some difficulty in the near future. That being said, the only way for all of to prosper is to roll up our sleeves, join and work together. This way none of us will be alone as we venture into this new endevour.

im not trying to scare you,but most of us with vitran have been looking for other jobs for a while. most new employees who come to work with vitran have a great attitude at first,3 months later it changes or they quit. when the merge happens, it will be like a disorganized tidal wave. damages are increased alot,service times go out the door. most customers you have now will be gone within a year. we have about 2 customers left since we merged. when its slow vitran like to hire and 3 months later lay off.equipment doesnt get fixed and if serviced, its late. the management blames the drivers for most things. we work harder for less money now. my last raise was july 2008. our pay was cut 5% april 2009. our 401k/profit sharing match was stopped with our raises in december 2008.we are suppose to get 1.25% of our paycut back this week. we use to get a raise every 6 months with pjax. our insurance rates have gone up this month also. im paying $80 a week for myself ,wife, and 1 kid. sorry if i sound like a downer,but these are the facts. it makes me angry that a company can cry the blues that they have no money and in one year buy 2 supply chain companies and milan. the bottom line,the company doesnt care or takes care of its employees. i look at it like this,its a job for now,its better than being unemployed, ill keep looking for something better in the meantime. it is what it is. try to make the best of it. sorry again for my bad attitude,but ive been through it and you will soon. maybe somehow soon,this place will get straightened out. good luck to you and everyone at milan.

welcome vitran hell believe half of what you see and half of what you here because the rules change from day to day and also if your a butt kisser you will go far up the chain and if your not a butt kisser you will be on the the bosses crap list so welcome to the drivers of vitran hell

Welcome to Vitran; as you can read from these threads most are from misinformed and half truths disgruntled employees with nothing to do but start rumors. SCM do not get bonus as been pointed out several times in this forum. It’s been said that “We will never get our 5% back” that is on the table and now applying back to employees. I have yet to hear a complaint about SW drivers and dock workers getting a bump in pay starting January 1st across the board while office and management receive nothing. It’s all in your work ethics and perceiving the goal you set out for yourselves and your family. For me, I’m thankful I have a job to go to and provide, to where so many cant.

vijax has had a bug up his ass ever since they took away our 5% and matching 401k contributions up to $1000. like previously stated, they have started to reinstate our 5%, all of which will be back in our checks on sept 1st of this year. if you talk to other trucking employees, almost all of them took some kind of pay cut. they might have gotten their money back a few months before us, but i am just happy to be getting it back cause times are still rough up there. like all companies, there are always issues that arise at vitran but i have not seen any favoritism shown to certain drivers or dock workers since i have been here. as far as vijax saying that we have lost alot of customers since the merge, we have lost some, but from what i have been told most of that was cause other carriers came in and underbid vitran and it wasn't worth us to continue to haul their freight. as a company vitran has had a steady improvement in business for 2 years now after the economy collapse. trust me and this is no knock on milan, but joining the vitran company will be a big improvement for the milan employees. welcome aboard and keep an open mind, don't believe everything that you read on here cause if you did, you will wonder how vitran is even in business

what we went through.

when i 1st came to milan it was the best. for starters, we used to get xmas bonus of $10 per week of that year as a full time employee. 52 wks x $10. Nice. That got cut in half. very nxt yr, gone! Medical reimbursement program, 3% of gross annual= to any out of pocket medical at end of yr .Gone! Pay freeze went into effect. first then we all took a 10% cut in pay. shortly they said bank said that wasnt enough so initial pay cut was revised to 16.7%! now after watching dvd for new milan employees, we are told our current rate of pay will increase 5% by oct. that is =to .80cents. cobra ins to be paid by vitran during 90 day probation vacation to start 2012. Oh yeah, as milan drivers, we never, ever rec. any overtime. Yes the loss of those benefits and more was the beginning of the end. It affected morale greatly, but I have to tell you guys, we kept our nose to the grindstone. We did our best. Now here we are. All of us in the same vitran boat. will we stay at the bottom looking for the scuttle plug, or will we team together and hoist the sails?

im not trying to scare you,but most of us with vitran have been looking for other jobs for a while. most new employees who come to work with vitran have a great attitude at first,3 months later it changes or they quit. when the merge happens, it will be like a disorganized tidal wave. damages are increased alot,service times go out the door. most customers you have now will be gone within a year. we have about 2 customers left since we merged. when its slow vitran like to hire and 3 months later lay off.equipment doesnt get fixed and if serviced, its late. the management blames the drivers for most things. we work harder for less money now. my last raise was july 2008. our pay was cut 5% april 2009. our 401k/profit sharing match was stopped with our raises in december 2008.we are suppose to get 1.25% of our paycut back this week. we use to get a raise every 6 months with pjax. our insurance rates have gone up this month also. im paying $80 a week for myself ,wife, and 1 kid. sorry if i sound like a downer,but these are the facts. it makes me angry that a company can cry the blues that they have no money and in one year buy 2 supply chain companies and milan. the bottom line,the company doesnt care or takes care of its employees. i look at it like this,its a job for now,its better than being unemployed, ill keep looking for something better in the meantime. it is what it is. try to make the best of it. sorry again for my bad attitude,but ive been through it and you will soon. maybe somehow soon,this place will get straightened out. good luck to you and everyone at milan.

i agree 100 %

Despite what several protested here (cough cough,management), Vijax really hit the nail on the head.
Bitter about the 5% is he? Probably, and why shouldn't he be? I came here two and a half years ago, and earn less than when I started. New hires earn the same as me. 5% in a month adds up to the same as my car payment.Meanwhile it costs me twice as much to go to work as back then in fuel....Yes we are supposed to get the 5% back, in installments, and IF they continue to make a profit in the LTL division (of course buying another company can generate a big loss for a time).
Milan drivers, from what it sounds like, you have been through worse as of late. Considering the job market, at least you have a job waiting. Use it as a stepping stone to find something better as most of us are.(Unless you are a :butt kiss: then you'll go places here! ) There is a reason why there was union talk here last summer (why do you think they are giving back the 5%?)
Expect your TM not to be able to even take a :::shit::: without permission from Pit or Indy.
We are tightening the belt at our barn. Dockworkers and office staff lost their uniforms. Can only fuel at our terminals now, even if it is out of the way. Fuel elsewhere (ie:truckstop) and risk a day off. Run out of fuel equals an accident. Couple fender benders? Up to 5 week suspension. Big accident-fired on the spot. Drive safe, don't let anyone push you into something you feel is unsafe, and read the help wanteds every sunday like the rest of us...

How long have you been employed with Vitran Simple 723? Were you employed elsewhere until "bought-out" by Vitran? If so, what was the transition process like? Does Vitran management follow through with promises? Can current employees of Milan Express expect to be able to trust Vitran management? Do they have an "open-door" policy? By this I mean do they encourage input and ideas from their associates? Does Vitran mgmt. make themselves accessible or are they often times scarce?

Been at Vitran 10 years, Came here right after the dust settled for the merger of Quast & Overland. That merger had problems with employees seniority because Vitran didn't give employees new ID no#s, it did't affect me since I was at the bottom. With Chris it was bad because of the pay difference, Vitran driver would be making 90k while Chris driver would make 55k doing the same run. Pjax was the worst, some Vitran terminals got closed down and employees let go, none of the Pjax terminals got closed and if they did the employees were transferred to the next terminal. Don't believe the "open door policy", they just use that to single you out and get rid of you. So you can't trust management because they are being fed the "Koolaid" = ( profit check to screw you over). As far as Ideas Vitran does have a "In Touch" hotline, don't have the no# on hand but i'm sure someone on this board will give it to you, It just a message service that corporate has access too.

Not a big market up north for Elvis paraphernalia, what does the south produce? A couple of fruits that we can’t transfer! Wow what an investment. We were better off giving the freight away! No one wants to deliver down south because there are no loads……coming north... So we had to buy a sorry ass company to deliver lawnmowers …I WANT MY 401 K MATCH BACK *uckers

vijax has had a bug up his ass ever since they took away our 5% and matching 401k contributions up to $1000. like previously stated, they have started to reinstate our 5%, all of which will be back in our checks on sept 1st of this year. if you talk to other trucking employees, almost all of them took some kind of pay cut. they might have gotten their money back a few months before us, but i am just happy to be getting it back cause times are still rough up there. like all companies, there are always issues that arise at vitran but i have not seen any favoritism shown to certain drivers or dock workers since i have been here. as far as vijax saying that we have lost alot of customers since the merge, we have lost some, but from what i have been told most of that was cause other carriers came in and underbid vitran and it wasn't worth us to continue to haul their freight. as a company vitran has had a steady improvement in business for 2 years now after the economy collapse. trust me and this is no knock on milan, but joining the vitran company will be a big improvement for the milan employees. welcome aboard and keep an open mind, don't believe everything that you read on here cause if you did, you will wonder how vitran is even in business
truckertim is one of the ass kissers of management, you havent been here long enough to even know what the hell your talking about. most of the recent hires have been fired rejects from other companies , only vitran will hire them since they cant find anyone else. 99% of what you read on here is true. 90% of trucking companies didnt cut pay.the ones that did got theirs back last year. we get ours in 4 parts,to total another year. that will equal another year without raises for a total of 3 1/2 years. ask other companies if they went that long without a raise. noooooo. retirement? no match in over 2 years even though vitran upper management has company money put in their with bonuses. look it up truckertim, public record.maybe if you take the time to look up the facts you may be better informed. how do you feel not making near the same money as other trucking companies for the same work? what terminal do you work at, sounds nice, i might want to transfer there. funny,vitran sure can buy 3 companies in a year but not give you what they took from us.

we was told we could take 5 days off in 2011 but no pay.

But if we are busy, then expect to have to make it up on a weekend doing a linehaul run. They do this a lot when we get busy. It's in the company handbook, they gave you all one, right? (sorry, Vitran joke-we don't have a handbook, so rules can be changed at their whim).

Welcome Milan drivers,to u are so screwed now trucking.Better get your resume in order.hint see if mc'ds is hiring.remember boys and girls last one out turn off the lights.