ABF | Welcome Your new ABF moderator

Getting called management or gutless for having an opposing view of what ABF er thinks. I view this forum for information, I may occasionally comment, only to be chastised when I am critical of the IBT and the way the rolled over during this negotiation.

I must agree with Stony - ABFer is a terrible choice for moderator. IMO he, like a few others that frequent this site, only sees things the OLD teamsters way. You know, the way that lead to the demise of almost every teamster organization that ever existed. Stony would have been a much better choice.

ABFer :stirthepot: creates more traffic....:ranting2: spirited discussions...creates more traffic...:fan:....more traffic.....more hits.....more advertisers attracted to site....:usa2:...Jeff's website...makes more money....:bananapartyhat::clapping:....Jeff does not have to have Teamsters vote on his choice of Mod.....He must be a Republican?

I must agree with Stony - ABFer is a terrible choice for moderator. IMO he, like a few others that frequent this site, only sees things the OLD teamsters way. You know, the way that lead to the demise of almost every teamster organization that ever existed. Stony would have been a much better choice.

lol,,, that about the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!

ABFer :stirthepot: creates more traffic....:ranting2: spirited discussions...creates more traffic...:fan:....more traffic.....more hits.....more advertisers attracted to site....:usa2:...Jeff's website...makes more money....:bananapartyhat::clapping:....Jeff does not have to have Teamsters vote on his choice of Mod.....He must be a Republican?

Come on guys...ABF'er has a job to do, if he is anything like me, he won't let his opinions get in the way of his moderating! I'm a right wing teamster, so everything I read and listen to is a push me pull me situation, your mod will be fair and impartial, thats his job and his duty.

Getting called management or gutless for having an opposing view of what ABF er thinks. I view this forum for information, I may occasionally comment, only to be chastised when I am critical of the IBT and the way the rolled over during this negotiation.

I didn't call anybody anything I asked a question, didn't call any body management nor did I imply it

Who should he have picked you? Or maybe the stoner? don't think so this place would be a ghost town....

Ive been around here a long time and I can tell you that Jeff doesn't make people mods on a whim.
He knows that ABFer can perform his duties impartially or he wouldn't have done it.
And if he doesn't... well that's happened before too.
Personally I m torn on the troll situation. If they aren't here then there is not much activity in this forum
If they are here then there are a lot more posts that I just skip over and don't read because of all the self perpetuating drama.
I think a lot of folks could benefit from my philosophy that just because someone has the last word doesn't mean they won the debate.
Good luck ABFer.

Look at me for example... I am Conservative Tea Partier type which means I don't agree with anything the Left does 99% of the time... Do I moderate on my political views? No.
All anyone has to do here is follow the simple rules of Truckingboards and no moderator will bother you whatsoever. My website is built on people and participation, My goal is to keep members and not run them off, differing opinions are always welcome on Truckingboards.
ABFer did not ask to be a Mod, I asked him to be a Mod
ABFer is not going to tone down his thoughts or be censored or asked to change his ways, Forum Staff are people just like everyone else here and we have our opinions, we do not moderate based on our opinions, we moderate per our rules here.

Also I have to pick Mods that I think will be able to work best with the current mods , Friction between staff does not work, been there, done that. Makes my job hard and I hate to be put in a situation of one of the two have to go because I always lose a friend over having to make a decision and that is a situation I try to avoid.

Look at me for example... I am Conservative Tea Partier type which means I don't agree with anything the Left does 99% of the time... Do I moderate on my political views? No.
All anyone has to do here is follow the simple rules of Truckingboards and no moderator will bother you whatsoever. My website is built on people and participation, My goal is to keep members and not run them off, differing opinions are always welcome on Truckingboards.
ABFer did not ask to be a Mod, I asked him to be a Mod
ABFer is not going to tone down his thoughts or be censored or asked to change his ways, Forum Staff are people just like everyone else here and we have our opinions, we do not moderate based on our opinions, we moderate per our rules here.

Scrupulous attention to rules and tolerance of dissent is why this is a GREAT resource. Everyone entrusted to moderate does a stellar job. Disagreeing does not require being rude or offensive. There are times when a bit of latitude is warrented when someone is venting.

Scrupulous attention to rules and tolerance of dissent is why this is a GREAT resource. Everyone entrusted to moderate does a stellar job. Disagreeing does not require being rude or offensive. There are times when a bit of latitude is warrented when someone is venting.

We don't have too many problems here , ban very few people except spammers. Most people here are good people, sometimes trolls get a bit aggressive and have to be asked to tone it down but for the most part we have very few here that cause problems. When we have to ask someone to take it down a notch we try our best to contact them in a private message, Mods are not here to be like a warden in a prison, we like staff to be normal people here and only act like a mod when a mod job has to be done.

Years ago , when I was just a pup, I wasn't the greatest Mod but after many years of doing this, I find it's better to just let people be people and set a few simple rules and they will moderate themselves for the most part.

Come on guys...ABF'er has a job to do, if he is anything like me, he won't let his opinions get in the way of his moderating! I'm a right wing teamster, so everything I read and listen to is a push me pull me situation, your mod will be fair and impartial, thats his job and his duty.

That's my issue with him. I believe he will let his opinions get out in the way. He won't be fair and impartial.