FedEx Freight | Well Being Assessment

FDV

Not Skippy
Credits
Being a conscientious employee and eagerly trying to do my part to keep health care costs down, I recently completed the Well Being Assessment. What I found was very few questions about my physical health and many inquiries into my mental state. I understand there are correlations to depression and absenteeism among other things but the balance of questions seemed heavily weighted toward mental rather than physical. I came away from the experience feeling suspicious of the motives behind the assembly of the questionnaire. In the future, I will probably refrain from participating if possible as my spouse also has excellent health care coverage that covers me and the 50 bucks they're offering isn't a strong enough incentive . Anybody else get heebie jeebies filling this thing out?

Being a conscientious employee and eagerly trying to do my part to keep health care costs down, I recently completed the Well Being Assessment. What I found was very few questions about my physical health and many inquiries into my mental state. I understand there are correlations to depression and absenteeism among other things but the balance of questions seemed heavily weighted toward mental rather than physical. I came away from the experience feeling suspicious of the motives behind the assembly of the questionnaire. In the future, I will probably refrain from participating if possible as my spouse also has excellent health care coverage that covers me and the 50 bucks they're offering isn't a strong enough incentive . Anybody else get heebie jeebies filling this thing out?
I feel ya drivah...after I completed it I came away with an unusual feeling that I may have been too honest. Sure fell hook, line and sinker.

yeah I felt the same way, so I didn't say nothing that they would need to know anyway, my business not theirs or fedex's

Do not take this questionnaire. As has been stated, it's not worth the paltry contribution. None of the information you enter is protected by health care privacy laws and FedEx will sell your private respinses to vendors who will contact you about things you include in the questionnaire. My manager said that next year we all will have to go have biometric medical tests if we want any $$ in our account. It is interesting to see how this sham of a plan health is unfolding before our eyes. High premiums, sky high deductibles and an already skimpy health savings account that is becoming more of a joke every year. Wouldn't it be nice to have a say so in such an important benefit? Right now, FedEx can and has done what it wants to our plan and look what we have been left with. One of the absolute worst health plans out there. This alone is reason enough to get the protection of a contract.

Thank you guys for the info. I was kind of worried they would use this to weed out employees and their family members to keep their cost down. I will be skipping this. Just another reason never to trust this company again.

All that is to see how much to raise the premium for next year's enrollment see how many unhealthy drivers there are don't do it

I called and asked if this questionnaire was HIPPA protected and the rep. told me it was not. Therefore all of this private personal information can and will be released and used for purposes to help FedEx determine how they will provide coverages. So if you or a family member is a health risk chances are future insurance policies will be reduced and or deductibles increased. Based on that information I won't be filling out the survey to hopefully keep our insurance from getting further outrageous.