ODFL | Well here goes....

If they had the seniority to do it, that's their right. Just because you're butthurt that it displaced you a spot doesn't make it wrong. I had a good city bid time for 2 years straight but then a senior guy got married and decided he wanted it because of his lifestyle change and bumped me down to a crappy spot. I was pissed, but he's been here 18 years and I've been here 6, so that's the way the world works and it's no different than jumping from days to linehaul.

I went out to linehaul this last bid after I found out my wife was pregnant because we needed a bigger paycheck to help support us. I fail to see why I should have to start again at the bottom because of that...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

With all due respect that sounds kind of selfish doesn't it. I mean you knew your situation before you got your wife pregnant correct? Well the guys you bumped already had children.

With all due respect that sounds kind of selfish doesn't it. I mean you knew your situation before you got your wife pregnant correct? Well the guys you bumped already had children.
That's like saying I should never be allowed to change a bid time. Say I had a noon start time and then next year bid a 7:00 am time and knocked the 7:00 am guy down to a crappy time. Is that selfish that I want that early start?

If you got seniority at a position, it's your choice. We all knew the rules when hired on. We had a manager change to line haul, went to the bottom, also know a 10 year dispatcher who change to being a driver, bottom he goes.. Each position has seniority, thought about doing P&D awhile back in order to do days. Know the system required bottom of list, decided not to. Had a couple guys transfer in lately, myself 3 years ago. I knew I'd start over at new location, yet at that time it was same slot I had before layoff, yet runs had been added, so bid was available. If you are seniority in your position, it's not selfish, it's life. Wanting to change whole system due to your needs would be.

That's like saying I should never be allowed to change a bid time. Say I had a noon start time and then next year bid a 7:00 am time and knocked the 7:00 am guy down to a crappy time. Is that selfish that I want that early start?

That's apples to oranges. You aren't changing job titles.

Hey Song... did you have a good day today or did you get loaded with residentials like I did?? Made her out with no scratches!!

Hey Song... did you have a good day today or did you get loaded with residentials like I did?? Made her out with no scratches!!

I've been running a route for a guy on vacation for almost a week now. 40' liftgate, residentials, retail, tight small industrial stops. Had a 3700 lb 20' long tall crate loaded on the high side of the trailer yesterday. No way to strap it down. Tipped over. Yeah I'm having loads of fun. When can I go back to linehaul? Oh that's right, I can't. Yay.

I've been running a route for a guy on vacation for almost a week now. 40' liftgate, residentials, retail, tight small industrial stops. Had a 3700 lb 20' long tall crate loaded on the high side of the trailer yesterday. No way to strap it down. Tipped over. Yeah I'm having loads of fun. When can I go back to linehaul? Oh that's right, I can't. Yay.

Bless your heart Song, i hear the word liftgate and I have nightmares.

I got a linehaul gig at saia and I must say for being at it 2 weeks now my stress level has gone down alot from running city. Dont gotta deal with the idiots on the road and traffic and bad docks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Search through the straps and you should be able to find a few that you can double up with those D shaped rings on the end without having to tie knots into the damn things. Should be able to help give ya some stability on the odd stuff.