FedEx Freight | Well...Might as well call us conway now with the new trucks FedEx bought!

Socal_FedEx

DDDUUUHHHHHH
Credits
Just heard we are getting Freightliners now that are automatic! We might as well slap a blue sticker on the side of it and call us conway! Heard even the new award trucks are Freightliners too!!!

Just heard we are getting Freightliners now that are automatic! We might as well slap a blue sticker on the side of it and call us conway! Heard even the new award trucks are Freightliners too!!!

Word in my barn is 50% freightshaker, 50% Volvo, all auto's. Volvo with Volvo powertrain, freightshaker with Detroit Diesel powertrain. 3 axles reportedly Peterbilt with Detroit powertrain. Also, the Detroit is reportedly a 12 speed auto geared identically to the Volvo.

Just what I overheard....

Word in my barn is 50% freightshaker, 50% Volvo, all auto's. Volvo with Volvo powertrain, freightshaker with Detroit Diesel powertrain. 3 axles reportedly Peterbilt with Detroit powertrain. Also, the Detroit is reportedly a 12 speed auto geared identically to the Volvo.

The twelve speed Volvo with the pistol grip shifter is nice. They'll move on compared to the push button one.

Well alot ofyou drivers will be disqualified, so they are just looking to the future. Recruitments from truck driving school will commence.

Totally meant the DQ as a joke. It really isn't funny that they are coming up with this post-facto rule and many drivers will be affected. But that seems to be a good reason why.

Well alot ofyou drivers will be disqualified, so they are just looking to the future. Recruitments from truck driving school will commence.

Totally meant the DQ as a joke. It really isn't funny that they are coming up with this post-facto rule and many drivers will be affected. But that seems to be a good reason why.

CC, it still comes down to developing good safe work habits. Don't let anyone push you to be unsafe in the name of getting freight either delivered or to the service center. Safety first needs to be much more than a trivial saying. Don't do anything unsafe, because your dispatcher won't be the one to suffer the consequences. It's on you and you alone.

ST

CC, it still comes down to developing good safe work habits. Don't let anyone push you to be unsafe in the name of getting freight either delivered or to the service center. Safety first needs to be much more than a trivial saying. Don't do anything unsafe, because your dispatcher won't be the one to suffer the consequences. It's on you and you alone.

ST

They certainly won't. They told one man to "go ahead and take your lunch since we don't have any pickups yet." So he did. The next day he was written up for taking it too early. When he pointed out he did as told, the dispatcher exclaimed "don't drag me in your mess!" This driver has over 20 years in with the company. They have no loyalty.

Before I retired, I was one of the biggest whiners at FXF, but receiving new equipment was never on my list of complaints. I'm sure FXF gives all the manufactures a speck sheet. Who ever offers the best deal gets the business. I remember when Viking bought some old system 99 equipment when they went out of business. Now there was something to whine about.

They certainly won't. They told one man to "go ahead and take your lunch since we don't have any pickups yet." So he did. The next day he was written up for taking it too early. When he pointed out he did as told, the dispatcher exclaimed "don't drag me in your mess!" This driver has over 20 years in with the company. They have no loyalty.

Have them send it over the Intermec(thats what you guys use right), do not call my personal cell. Because as you said, they will not vouch for you, as they are looking to move up the chain themselves.

As I rookie P/D driver, I have so many stories of crap dispatchers use to pull. I was new, busting my butt, doing things that werent quite right to make the dispatcher happy and make a name for myself.

But after about a year, I learned the rules of the game. But you also have to know what battles to fight, because those same supervisors will jerk you around, but do it in such a way so they can get away with it.

All KW's. Out of 1,400 we only bought about 5 Volvo's and less IH and Freightliners. Somebody's getting their legs pulled haha! Get used to the T680.

Are you saying that there has been a new order of tractors placed that will be Freightliners and Volvos ? Where did you hear this ? What about Kenworth ? I personally hope this is a true story !

I got a T680 for my 25 year safety truck in January 2014 I really like it look good inside and out pull okay and run okay now I think that volvo is one ugly truck it ride okay

I got a T680 for my 25 year safety truck in January 2014 I really like it look good inside and out pull okay and run okay now I think that volvo is one ugly truck it ride okay

I think the 680 looks purdy. I've never driven one, though so I cannot comment on anything else. Exterior wise, I like the look. I see at least one every morning pulling triples east, and i like the look. :)

The union is organizing everyone that's willing to sign a card that guarantee's indentured servitude. Care to sign?

You are certain of this? Indentured servitude? You, by your own admission have never paid one penny of dues or worked even one second at a union job, yet you speak on this in an authoritarian manner?
Where does this knowledge come from?