ABF | Western change

youngtaco

Freight Peddling Fool
Credits
Here in the west, the HVXP change of ops is in full effect, supposedly with the exception of us in Vegas. We were flat out lied to. We were told that Vegas was pulled from the western change of ops and there would be "No high velocity freight from Las Vegas" & we will not receive the two U.E. drivers that would have put two brothers back on the board that have been laid off for more than two years. Not to mention, the possibility of all laid off brothers being recalled due to the extra freight generated being picked up in Las Vegas headed to California. It pisses me off to no end that we ARE picking up H. V. freight & I see new hires and retirees, in line haul, moving our Vegas generated freight while we still have guys on lay off! I know we have no claim to the pass through high velocity freight handled by line haul drivers but the Las Vegas freight (that supposedly doesn't exist) should be handled by U. E. drivers from Vegas! Nuff said.:tumbleweed:

Here in the west, the HVXP change of ops is in full effect, supposedly with the exception of us in Vegas. We were flat out lied to. We were told that Vegas was pulled from the western change of ops and there would be "No high velocity freight from Las Vegas" & we will not receive the two U.E. drivers that would have put two brothers back on the board that have been laid off for more than two years. Not to mention, the possibility of all laid off brothers being recalled due to the extra freight generated being picked up in Las Vegas headed to California. It pisses me off to no end that we ARE picking up H. V. freight & I see new hires and retirees, in line haul, moving our Vegas generated freight while we still have guys on lay off! I know we have no claim to the pass through high velocity freight handled by line haul drivers but the Las Vegas freight (that supposedly doesn't exist) should be handled by U. E. drivers from Vegas! Nuff said.:tumbleweed:
A little of topic, are the running rental or new abs 53s

Young Taco- I am sure this was done for a reason why dont you send a question to info roundtable and ask them
GO-40 I did not see or hear of any new RPM Vans ...either company vans or rentals were used on the next day at least in California

I understand how you feel. The move to send our office work to Dayton has cost several people their jobs. One person who is going thru cancer treatment has been cut to 4 hours and no longer gets health care. One side understands that the company has to do what they can to stay profitable but the other side sees our management still taking 2 hour lunches with their secretaries at the expense of the rest of us.

Young Taco- I am sure this was done for a reason why dont you send a question to info roundtable and ask them
GO-40 I did not see or hear of any new RPM Vans ...either company vans or rentals were used on the next day at least in California
Any idea how much new business was gained with the rpm?

GO40
Like the other roll outs we are not selling it yet ....after the first week i have heard statements made that we are surprised at the bill counts right off the bat .....they will work out the problems in the coming weeks and I heard everything went fairly smooth the first week ...its a little different out there they run 5 days as opposed to 4 days here in the east ....Personally I estimate there will be a 10% increase in business within a couple months if not sooner ..

Any idea how much new business was gained with the rpm?

Not sure. All I know is we are seeing a increase even though they aren't advertising yet. I do know we got back a couple of accounts and a couple of new ones.

GO40
Like the other roll outs we are not selling it yet ....after the first week i have heard statements made that we are surprised at the bill counts right off the bat .....they will work out the problems in the coming weeks and I heard everything went fairly smooth the first week ...its a little different out there they run 5 days as opposed to 4 days here in the east ....Personally I estimate there will be a 10% increase in business within a couple months if not sooner ..
Thats good to hear.