Yellow | What A Disgrace!

Back in the 70's we hauled VA stones out of Elberton, GA for Brown Transport....if we went to the cemetery with a VA stone and it was damaged, the cemetery signed off it was and we returned it to OS&D....the VA protocol was to have us break it up with a sledge hammer and then disposed of, and documentation was sent to the VA stating so, as it was futile and expensive to return a stone that was damaged to the VA.....bottom line...SOMEBODY was responsible for destroying the stone before disposal.....I am sure we will see more later on this....will let y'all know.....2 days left in 3Q.....KK

you would think there would be a market for the stone itself .lots of artists looking for material pay big buxs

We used to have a former PIE sup who told me he had his whole sidewalk made up of broken and refused GI headstones turned face down at his house.

I checked out the area where the headstone was reportedly found. (Google maps with street view video).I would like to believe that the headstone fell out of a scrap or refuse truck or was moved from the disposal site by a vandal to that location.I don't think any of our people here at YRC had anything to do with it

I checked out the area where the headstone was reportedly found. (Google maps with street view video).I would like to believe that the headstone fell out of a scrap or refuse truck or was moved from the disposal site by a vandal to that location.I don't think any of our people here at YRC had anything to do with it

Why stop the truck to dump a headstone? That's crazy... If you called it in for an exception, then take it back and put it in OS&D.. You gotta take your stuff off the trailer anyway.. Sounds kinda dumb to me..

Why stop the truck to dump a headstone? That's crazy... If you called it in for an exception, then take it back and put it in OS&D.. You gotta take your stuff off the trailer anyway.. Sounds kinda dumb to me..
At this point of time.We don't know why and how it happened.I don't believe that any person(s) of YRC did what was reported.Most of us are jumping to conclusions prematurely

At this point of time.We don't know why and how it happened.I don't believe that any person(s) of YRC did what was reported.Most of us are jumping to conclusions prematurely

I was saying it was "dumb" to think a driver would take the time to do this, when he just got an exception for it.. And the terminal should have caught it,because the person in OS&D has to match the exception number to the material.. No way the driver did this, I can't believe for one minute a driver was this stupid.... And in my time out here, I seen some drivers do some stupid crap..