TForce | What are package car drivers and what do make hrly/yrly?

Hi: full rate for full time hourly feeder and package car drivers is currently $32.00 per hr. mileage feeder rate is somewhere in the mid sixties, ie .66-.68. it's up to the company as to whether or not to make a feeder run mileage or hourly.

Hi: full rate for full time hourly feeder and package car drivers is currently $32.00 per hr. mileage feeder rate is somewhere in the mid sixties, ie .66-.68. it's up to the company as to whether or not to make a feeder run mileage or hourly.

When they sent a bunch of us UPS Freight drivers over to run the feeders last Xmas, their drivers were saying they get mileage for anything over 500 miles, and hourly for anything under 500. Also, I was told their top pay was right at 71 cpm.

Not saying this is true or false, I don't know, but this is what I was told. This is local 135.

Correct: I knew the mileage rate was hovering north of .68. also the teams are all per mi. my wife is an inside "Buster Brown" Part Time Teamster with 22 plus yrs. and she's @ $25 & change hrly. She started @ $ 8.00 ph.

Correct: I knew the mileage rate was hovering north of .68. also the teams are all per mi. my wife is an inside "Buster Brown" Part Time Teamster with 22 plus yrs. and she's @ $25 & change hrly. She started @ $ 8.00 ph.

Crazy the way UPS works....You start out making peanuts and end up making more than you would ever imagine. $32 an hour with overtime after 8 and a free health plan....What other job can you get with that kind of pay and benefits with just a high school diploma?

Touche..., plus I'm covered as well. I have UPS Medical, Dental and Prescription cards in my wallet. And that's HUGE. There aren't many PT. jobs like that left in America.

Touche..., plus I'm covered as well. I have UPS Medical, Dental and Prescription cards in my wallet. And that's HUGE. There aren't many PT. jobs like that left in America.

Hell, full time jobs with benefits seem to be disappearing as well...

It's all part time, season or temp services it seems, for unskilled labor at least.

I'd rather stay pay rate wise if we were to get the UPS ground medical benefits. That's one thing the union should be going after. Also the contractor issue, pointless to have the best medical plan of you are not working.