ABF | What can it be

Trucking Green

Driving my life away ....
Credits
Has any one heard of any big news just after the new years Thats going to happen i keep hereing big news but no says nothing all i here is you have to wait.hope its good news ....albuquerque 120:popcorn:

Rumor

I have no idea what the latest rumor is. There have been rumors for years that UPS would buy ABF. I have heard that ABF is planning on making an acquisiton again. New Penn?, Holland?, fill in the blanks with the company of your choice.
I would be surprised though if a change of operations doesn't happen. The eleven hour rule seems to be set so it would make sense to move the relay points to get more miles/hours out of drivers. Rumor, Carlisle Pa. to Knoxville Tn., to L.R. to Amarillo. All of these within eleven hours. Albuquerque drivers can turn Amarillo.
I have heard that ABF might try a flat bed division or refrigerated/perishables. I doubt that will happen as we have sold off those divisions from previous acquisitions.
I don't know about this one but rumors always draw interest. Stay tuned & if you hear any news let us know.

I have no idea what the latest rumor is. There have been rumors for years that UPS would buy ABF. I have heard that ABF is planning on making an acquisiton again. New Penn?, Holland?, fill in the blanks with the company of your choice.
I would be surprised though if a change of operations doesn't happen. The eleven hour rule seems to be set so it would make sense to move the relay points to get more miles/hours out of drivers. Rumor, Carlisle Pa. to Knoxville Tn., to L.R. to Amarillo. All of these within eleven hours. Albuquerque drivers can turn Amarillo.
I have heard that ABF might try a flat bed division or refrigerated/perishables. I doubt that will happen as we have sold off those divisions from previous acquisitions.
I don't know about this one but rumors always draw interest. Stay tuned & if you hear any news let us know.

I couldn't think of a better company UPS could buy.
But how would that work now that we both are union. UPSF with our contract and ABF with the MFA. You know UPS wouldn't go for the contract ABF has they would have to drop DOWN to ours...:popcorn:

I have heard that management is excited about possibly starting a new parcel division. Rumor has it that A.B.F. has their eyes on some old crop dusters to help them get started in the same day/next day air market. Utility drivers will be trained to fly the planes thru a special website. This should help open up the turn-key operations in Alaska and Canadian provinces. U-pack should benefit also. I`ve noticed some of the mobile containers have been reinforced and fitted with parachutes for low altitude drops. If all goes well A.B.F. will put UPS out of business....and next.....WORLD DOMINATION!! (trucking boards is not responsible for the comments made by A.Beer.Freak. and cannot be held accountable for his stupidity)

I got time for one more beer and one more story, before I go to apply for the flying position. GET ER DON

I couldn't think of a better company UPS could buy.
But how would that work now that we both are union. UPSF with our contract and ABF with the MFA. You know UPS wouldn't go for the contract ABF has they would have to drop DOWN to ours...

ABF has been spreading the word around that they are out to buy another company.

I think if UPS bought ABF the NMFA would prevail.

The details of the merger/buyout article is clear, but as always subject to the grievance machinery.

They have been in Transport Topics stating they are looking for a company to buy. No one company was named as being target.

11 Hour rule? That is not a rule, it is a sentence. If we were inmates at a prison, we would have the John Howard Assoc. litigating on our behalf, on the premise of cruel and unusual punishment

What they do not realize is that we have a 12 hour work day per the agreement. Sure they can, and have been forcing us to work through breaks and meals. But they are soon going to realize that we are no longer going to allow that to continue.
Objections to a COO to that issue are already written, and will be submitted when necessary.

ABF is already moving specialized freight (reefers, flats, etc.)and probably will not make that investment.

The rumor I heard was ABF was looking at the next day and two day lanes of USF freight in the west. Yellow could use the cash and for the right price it could be possible.

I have heard they have a bid in to buy Holland? guess time will tell.Merry Christmas to all!!

Scat

ABF did or still does have a flatbed operation, It was called ABF SCAT division. They hauled a lot of steel out of the ARMCO plant here in KC.

The SCAT division was discontinued many years ago. The owner/operators were given an opportunity to come to the road driver's board at ABF & several did. Many have retired by now.
I can't see this company getting back in the flat bed or refrigerated business.
I can see them buying one of the USF companies. They are wanting to offer one & two day service in the west.
It's often easier to take over an existing line than starting one from the ground up. If there is existing real estate & structures being used for this service then it's faster than acquiring property &/or buildings.
If there are employees there under an existing contract & with experience then that is one less obstacle to deal with. It's important to hit the ground running when opening a new service & not have delays. Customers expect service from the start.

I have heard that management is excited about possibly starting a new parcel division. Rumor has it that A.B.F. has their eyes on some old crop dusters to help them get started in the same day/next day air market. Utility drivers will be trained to fly the planes thru a special website. This should help open up the turn-key operations in Alaska and Canadian provinces. U-pack should benefit also. I`ve noticed some of the mobile containers have been reinforced and fitted with parachutes for low altitude drops. If all goes well A.B.F. will put UPS out of business....and next.....WORLD DOMINATION!! (trucking boards is not responsible for the comments made by A.Beer.Freak. and cannot be held accountable for his stupidity)

thanks for the laugh keep um coming,we all need that humor to get us through this! thanks!