TForce | What do I do?

Never a truer word was spoken. Good luck on your retirement. I'm only 10 years in and wonder what will be there when I get to that point.

renegade- your company time doesn't count any more where layoffs are concerned if you've transferred from one terminal to another. That's what we're fighting right now. I've got a fellow driver that has 24 years in and transferred terminals two years ago when UPS allowed it. He's next to be laid off at his terminal. I guarantee you he would not have transferred if UPS had told him his hire date would start all over again at his new terminal.

This is not true .when it is necessary to layoff it is done by company seniority. There is an MOU that changes the language in the contract. Is this your issue TREE ????

My hire date is in 2000 and I transferred to my terminal in 2006. They are now saying that the date used for determining when I will be laid off will be my transfer date of 2006. When I transferred, I was still under the UPS Freight policy of your company date being your hire date regardless of whether you transferred somewhere or not. Article 5 in the contract says my hire date is my company seniority date for all purposes, yet I'm being told by UPS Freight and the Teamsters that my transfer date is now the date being used to determine my position regarding a layoff and not my hire date as stated in the employee handbook when I transferred and in the union contract we are currently under.

My hire date is in 2000 and I transferred to my terminal in 2006. They are now saying that the date used for determining when I will be laid off will be my transfer date of 2006. When I transferred, I was still under the UPS Freight policy of your company date being your hire date regardless of whether you transferred somewhere or not. Article 5 in the contract says my hire date is my company seniority date for all purposes, yet I'm being told by UPS Freight and the Teamsters that my transfer date is now the date being used to determine my position regarding a layoff and not my hire date as stated in the employee handbook when I transferred and in the union contract we are currently under.

They can say what they want to. You need to get a copy of the MOU. it will protect you . We just went thru this at my location. They have to layoff by company time period.