Yellow | What do we want with the new contract?

serta

TB Veteran
Credits
:chairshot: Curious as to what everyone thinks about the up coming contract and the mailing we'll get as to what we want to get (I know its still early). Saw this link at yellow, and there is a link as to what YRC expects in the new contract. So lets here what everyones thoughts are and what they want.
For me, I like to see a limit on bed jobs in a row. Many more things I have a gripe with to tell you the truth.

serta said:
:chairshot: Curious as to what everyone thinks about the up coming contract and the mailing we'll get as to what we want to get (I know its still early). Saw this link at yellow, and there is a link as to what YRC expects in the new contract. So lets here what everyones thoughts are and what they want.
For me, I like to see a limit on bed jobs in a row. Many more things I have a gripe with to tell you the truth.
Hey serta....I think the health and welfare will be one of the big issues. Several of the most recent strikes have been over health care and retirement benifits. We may have to choose if we are willing to "walk" over paying for some of our health insurance. Remember....once they get their foot in the door..........you know the rest.:duh: DS.

serta said:
As a start I would like to see the old contract inforced:duh: For me get back 30 and out, limit o t :smilie_132:

wolf said:
For me get back 30 and out, limit o t :smilie_132:

Wolf, I've got one proposal that would take care of both of those issues.
Pay the pension and H&W on all hours worked. The companys would pay more into the funds and it would be an incentive for them to cut overtime. I'm getting tired of 55 hour weeks

CFer said:
Pay the pension and H&W on all hours worked. The companys would pay more into the funds and it would be an incentive for them to cut overtime. I'm getting tired of 55 hour weeks
Hey CFer.....that would really get them tore up!! The way it is now, the more hours you work their H&W cost actually goes down. I'd vote for that one!! DS.

CFer said:
:bgroovy: CFer that is one of the smartest things I've heard in a long time. I'm gonna start working on this from my end and let everyone think it was my idea:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Really think about it, cheaper to hire more people and even more added to the fund. Brilliant, I like it:wavey:

screwy louiey said:
lets eliminate the wage progression thing if that member has been a bona fide union man in the teamsters
Hey Lou........There is no need to penalize the new hire, if the guy is a 20 year Teamster, another good idea!!
DS.

I have a feeling that this contract will go to a strike vote over the medical, when we vote to strike they will have one more meeting and offer the same contract with no added medical cost to us, But they will want a 8 YR. contract and with all the new drivers it will be approved. The company gets the 8 years with no contract problems and we don't end up with cuts in medical. As far as the progresive pay, they will give us that either way because they can't hire any good drivers right now. No-one wants to take a pay cut to become a casual. WHAT do you think of this prediction? Have a Great Day!!!

Like to see the discrimination of allowing some drivers to make more money driving turned up tractors. Make all the same.

CFer said:
CFer,
I've thought about this for a long time now. They pay only 5 days a week no matter how many days or hours a guy works, raod or local. Some places have 6 day bids on the road, yet they only pay for 5 H&W.

stldude44 said:
CFer,
I've thought about this for a long time now. They pay only 5 days a week no matter how many days or hours a guy works, raod or local. Some places have 6 day bids on the road, yet they only pay for 5 H&W.
At CGB you have to work six days in order to get any time off for road drivers. That is unless you want to hop in a snoozer crruiser and drive out to the west coast. I can't speak for the city guys, cause they're in their own building and have their own local. Anyone know why that is?

There shouldn't be any OT at all as long as men are on layoff. But I know there's too much d@mn greed for this to come about.

slabslob said:
There shouldn't be any OT at all as long as men are on layoff. But I know there's too much d@mn greed for this to come about.
You got that right, new breed out there. They don't know what it is to sacrifice for the whole. Give me the money fug the rest. When their out of a job, they be the ones complaining.

slabslob said:
Welcome to the boards, slabslob. At 671 this is a very big issue, also. That's what I would ask for, no OT while men are on layoff in that classification. RDWY has used this against us and it always ends up pitting brother against brother, and the company know this!! :tribehasspoken: I hope you guys are writing these ideas down.........DS.

thegr8one said:
NO TRAINING MEN FOR CDL WHEN GUYS WHO DID THE TIME OUR LAID OFF:thumbsdown:
Hey gr8.....I'll go one step further.....no training of men for anything, while men are in layoff, period!! Nothing worse than having 35 men on layoff and RDWY wanting to hire casual help :chairshot: DS.

JustPaul_1 said:
I have a feeling that this contract will go to a strike vote over the medical, when we vote to strike they will have one more meeting and offer the same contract with no added medical cost to us, But they will want a 8 YR. contract and with all the new drivers it will be approved. The company gets the 8 years with no contract problems and we don't end up with cuts in medical.
The companys have been pushing for longer and longer contracts. I really think the 3 year contracts were good for both sides. The only draw back is the companys not under contract running around saying the sky is falling and whipping the shippers into a frenzy every 3 years!! The pension funds also like the longer contract. DS.

Totally agree with you there on this topic. Also, for men not getting in a full week too while others are getting the OT. The frame of mind at the LCP terminal is: it happened to me/us, so F.U. deal with it. Solidarity is whatever I do not want you get and/or as long as it benefits me its good. The new teamsters are being beat down and then leave with the message that unions suck! Who's who? Not you.....