What do you do when your truck can't pass an emissions inspection?

Ecoshock

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just wondering how many of you guys have trucks that failed an emissions test? What did you have to do to get it to pass and how much did it cost to make it pass?

Thanks for all the info

i don't do anything....the mechanic tells me to go tell dispatch, and then they give me another truck.

one company i drove for, an LTL company, told me not to worry about, get back home, next trip on down they will give me another truck.

my last job, just before my injury, if my truck went in for service, and didn't pass the emissions, they too just got me another truck, till mine got fixed.

so i worried not.

i do not know of too many o/o's here...but i am sure the one or two, will tell you soon enough.

otherwise, us company driver's, just don't really worry.

and most of us company driver's are forbidden to use any chemical additives.

washer fluid, oil, diesel, and coolant, are about the ONLY fluids/chemicals, we are ALLOWED to use.

I was just wondering how many of you guys have trucks that failed an emissions test? What did you have to do to get it to pass and how much did it cost to make it pass?

Thanks for all the info
What year model is the truck? Did it fail because the emission controls weren't working properly or is it a pre emissions law model? If it is an older truck with no emission equipment an expensive retrofit may be necessary. Usually the cost of these kits amounts to more than the value of the truck. Trucks manufactured between Oct. 2002 & Dec. 2006 had EGR with the exception of the Mercedes MBE in 2003. Trucks manufactured between January 2007 & December 2009 had the regenerative exhaust system. Trucks manufactured after January 2010 had SCR except International MaxForce which used a double EGR & didn't meet emission standards. International finally gave in & started using SCR. I don't know what EPA decided about the engines that didn't use SCR. International lost millions on the decision to not use SCR.

Pro 1 Driver is very observant. We have had more and more truck owners by our product just so they can pass the emissions test and get their trucks back on the road. At first we were not marketing it for that purpose but as it turns out it works great. So I wanted to see what other solutions there are to this problem and how much people are paying for them. I'm not on here just to sell a product, I mostly want to get a better understanding of the trucking industry. I want to see how our product can help truck owners get ahead and survive. I was a driver at one time so I do understand how it can be a fine line between making enough to pay your bills and not being able to pay the bills.
If you are in need of passing the emissions inspection and don't want to wast time or money look at what we did for this customer with a 1973 KW.

Pro 1 Driver is very observant.

If you are in need of passing the emissions inspection and don't want to wast time or money look at what we did for this customer with a 1973 KW.

no, i am not very observant...

i saw your ad in the "paid advertiser" board.

i know not the number of o/o's we have here on this site.

so if they wish to inquire about your product, i am sure they will.

many of us "company drivers" are forbidden to use them.