What do you think of the free Park My Truck App which will be available to truckers this summer?

roadscholar88

TB Lurker
Credits
The Truck Parking Leadership Initiative is attempting to tackle one of the industry's top pressing concerns...truck parking. They developed an app which allow for parking providers to list their availability.

Do you think the app will help parking concerns among drivers?

Do you think many drivers will utilize the app?

Do you feel that many parking providers will participate?

We would love to hear your thoughts!

The Truck Parking Leadership Initiative is attempting to tackle one of the industry's top pressing concerns...truck parking. They developed an app which allow for parking providers to list their availability.

I really hate it when a question gets answered with a question but I think that this is one case where it's suitable.
Will it work?
I know nothing of the other apps referenced above but by the time one finds a spot and gets to it it seems likely that it will be gone by the time the driver gets there. I think that they just need to open up the previously closed rest stops and truck stops for parking and the problem will be greatly alleviated.

It sounds like just one more PITA for an OTR driver to have to contend with. It's great to see that someone has found a way to capitalize on their hardship with parking fees, as if the cost of living on the road wasn't high enough already. But, hey, all they need to do is spend a little more than they intended to spend and it's 'free'.

GREETINGS roadscholar88,

About as much as whatever the other apps offer, I imagine. I do not use such apps. I'm OLD SCHOOL, I rarely use the big name trashy stops and where there's no parking available, I travel on.
I PREFER smaller independent truck stops even though many parking lots resemble the big names.

Probably as many as are utilizing the other apps, but I'm just speculating.

Depends on what clashes result from mixing with current apps.

I only have the non audible version to offer.
- - - -
I see no improvement in parking Trucks as many drivers will continue to park on Ramps and Shoulders as well creative festival parking regardless how many "apps" are available.
Thank You!
CHEERS!!

k11eKDP.jpg

It sounds like a nice idea and, potentially, could be very helpful to anyone who could use help in an unfamiliar area to find a spot to sleep.

How and how often it updates will be a big concern for me.