Holland | What Do You Think?

dockman5

TB Lurker
Credits
ok, I have to know what everyone thinks...

Do you think that the way things have slowed down.....

Well have a Job come the holidays?

It's very slow and I was just wondering what you all thought with Lay offs and all.....

It's very slow and I was just wondering what you all thought with Lay offs and all.....
Honestly, that depends on your seniority number. I think layoffs are a given , considering the economic climate. There used to be a time when they would TRY to cut back on the OT, to keep more people working. Aside from Mgmt failing miserably in this, you now are owned by a HUGE corporation, with dedicated number crunchers, calling the shots on the number of people each terminal can have. It's not up to the TM any more. My honest opinion is if you are currently in the bottom 10%, start looking for some kind of (hopefully) temporary employment.

If your hunting and pecking about us possibly closing, come out and say it.
USF is not closing.

It's slow, people are laid off.... that sucks but it is what it is right now. YRCW has tapped 300 million, at a good low rate, to meet some bills coming up and now has a good cash reserve to last thru 2010 when things no doubt will pick up.
Do your jobs, get more freight for USF, TREAT THE CUSTOMERS LIKE KINGS AND QUEENS! Lets get busy and get people back to work. More Freight, More staffing.
Get out there and service the customers and ask for more shipments! (Just One More)

USF is not closing.

It's slow, people are laid off.... that sucks but it is what it is right now. YRCW has tapped 300 million, at a good low rate, to meet some bills coming up and now has a good cash reserve to last thru 2010 when things no doubt will pick up.
Do your jobs, get more freight for USF, TREAT THE CUSTOMERS LIKE KINGS AND QUEENS! Lets get busy and get people back to work. More Freight, More staffing.
Get out there and service the customers and ask for more shipments! (Just One More)

In response to your question, no I am not hunting to see if USF will close.

I just wanted to see what some of you thought with the way freight has slowed down.

And to Teamster02, I am in the bottom 10%, so I guess i need to get my backup plan going. It looks like it is going to be apretty cr@ppy Holiday for alot of us.

USF is not closing.

Enough cash through 2010??? I cannot believe that BS!!!

with the stock so low , its just a matter of time before the shareholders react . Wonder what happened to the billonaire that bought a certain percent of the company and what if any input he has had????

Buy YRCW stock now.

Closed at a low of $4.00/share today.

I am going to wait till the price gets down to a dollar two ninety eight, then I am going to put a second mortgage on my house and buy all the YRCW stock I can get my hands on, then you all will be working for me.:biglaugh::smilie_132

GBA::USA:

I am going to wait till the price gets down to a dollar two ninety eight, then I am going to put a second mortgage on my house and buy all the YRCW stock I can get my hands on, then you all will be working for me.:biglaugh::smilie_132

GBA::USA:

Boy, will I ever be in trouble then. :hide:

Every man for himself!!!!

You know what d5, if you had a high seniority number you would not be asking that question, but you sound like you don't, so I am going to tell you that based on my experience lately, you are definitely going to get laid off, so start planning a nice vacation for the holidays, you will be back after.:1036316054:

Anyone that will tell you that it all depends on the "economic climate and being owned by a parent corporation" is just repeating what they read in newspapers or watch on CNN". Right now everything is up for grabs. Yes, really.:smilie_132:

GBA:USA:

You know what d5, if you had a high seniority number you would not be asking that question
Unfortunately, the way things are going, I would suggest EVERYONE come up with a plan B. I'm not trying to scare anybody, but things CANNOT and WILL NOT continue on like this for too long. The cold, hard facts are we (yrcw) are losing money (and have been for a while), the stock is down to 4.00 (it's gone down 75% in the last month alone), our credit rating is past junk status, the economy sucks, our own union works against us, and last, but certainly not least mgmt. is incompetent (from top to bottom). That is simply not a good combination. Tell me i'm missing something, PLEASE. I need a beer.

Unfortunately, the way things are going, I would suggest EVERYONE come up with a plan B. I'm not trying to scare anybody, but things CANNOT and WILL NOT continue on like this for too long. The cold, hard facts are we (yrcw) are losing money (and have been for a while), the stock is down to 4.00 (it's gone down 75% in the last month alone), our credit rating is past junk status, the economy sucks, our own union works against us, and last, but certainly not least mgmt. is incompetent (from top to bottom). That is simply not a good combination. Tell me i'm missing something, PLEASE. I need a beer.
Nope, you didn't miss much! It sure isn't a good "gut" feeling.:beerchug:

take your own advice. don't wait for 1.98 buy now. at this price
$4.02 $20.00 a week and then if ever body at your terminal and then everybody in Michigan and then all ...whats left about 55,000. so every week teamsters would own... 220,000 shares the first week and 220,000 each week after... first month @ 4.2 X 220,000...924,000 shares. of course we could all attend the share holders meeting and .... it seems that in the space of 6 months we might get noticed...

% of Shares Held by All Insider and 5% Owners: 6%
% of Shares Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 124%
% of Float Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 132%
Number of Institutions Holding Shares: 217

this information is free at yahoo.

now if we spent $20.00 a day...in 2 days we would own more than dollar bill

Redeemable Preferred Stock, Total -- -- -- -- --
Preferred Stock - Non Redeemable, Net -- -- -- -- --
Common Stock, Total 61.5
Additional Paid-In Capital 1,212.0
Retained Earnings (Accumulated Deficit) 471.1
Treasury Stock - Common (144.6)