R&L | What happen to the Pride?

ElSuperBeasto

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it just me or does it seem that people are growing less proud to work for our company? Almost everyone at my terminal always seemed very proud to work this company. Now it almost feels like people wanna start looking again. I came to work for R+L not just because I already knew alot of people here but it's the only company that I very rarely heard someone say they didn't like working here.:sombrero2:

The morale seems to have been desroyed by Zimmerman and the YRC leadership that has been brought in to run the company...

Same at my terminal, and not only drivers, "EVERYONE" The morale is the "WORST" that I have ever seen!!!

Hope and Pray it gets better! At one time, I was very proud to work for R&L, now its just a job, and its all I can do to get through each day...

It is unfortunate but the YRC clan and the ownership have let this company go down hill. What a shame. We need to get back to basics and get our company back !!!!

I'm still wondering aloud why this handful of people were ever hired in the first place.
Bob Z came over from Holland (out of business), the other handful were brought in from YRC. Yellow bought Jevic years back and sucked the life out of them, Yellow is about to go under. See any trends being set or is it just me??

Whats to be proud of working for R&L anymore? "You should be thankful you have a job" has been shoved so far down our throats that it is hanging out as hemeroid [SORRY FOR SPELLING BUT YOU GOT IT} , whats the point. Management does not want to hear or admit where the problems are. Why because they didn't think of it first. We are on the street, we deal with it , we can help cure some of the problems, but after all we don't know a damn thing about the job. How many times have you been told "We can't do anything about it because it is a NATIONAL ACCOUNT ? Like I heard a driver say the other day, long as the check don't bounce I'll show up and do my job then go home. I think thats fast beoming the R&L way. They can buy more trucking companies, sponsor unheard of bowl games, drag races, tractor pulls, dirt track races, OH EXCUSE ME WE THE PEON WORKERS ARE FORCED TO JOIN IN THIS ENDEAVOR WITH OUR SICK DAYS AND 401 MATCHING FUNDS. Oh well I guess we must like sex cause we keep coming back to get screwed.

I think there are several things to be proud of. Most people only see the negative in any situation. I am not going to get on a soapbox here but think of this: most of our competition gave back much more than we did including wages, our company is still operating better than most, as long as we continue to do our jobs we will continue to have them........

Is everything perfect? No. But at what company is it?

My wife lost her job, I have seen and been affected by what is going on out there as I am sure many of you have.

I try to find the positives in whatever life thows my way. It makes living a lot easier and putting up with thing that are out of our control. I have heard that at least one of the individuals that was let go a year ago has been brought back. I think we are on the right track. Give it time.

My town of about 40,000 has always been very productive with lots of job opportunities but in the last year and a half there has been countless companies go out of business and those that have not gone under have reduced there work force substantially. Most of the local banks will not even consider commercial loans. R&L is one of the strongest employers in our area even with the cutbacks. Currently the unemployeement rate is at 10% and climbing. When we lost our 401K contributions and personal days I was as upset as everyone else and my bad attitude was at an all time low, but that hasn't helped the situation. I agree with Wilson, keep fighting and lets see how it turns out. It wasn't R&L's decision to bail out the automotive industry or create a stimulus package at the expense of the tax payers, which has proven to be a huge mistake, but R&L still has to do what it takes to survive. If we as voters don't stop big Government it's going to get much worse because they want companies like R&L to foot the bill which will in turn trickle down to us. I don't have the answers but at this point I'm still paying my bills and for that I'm thankfull.

I'm still wondering aloud why this handful of people were ever hired in the first place.
Bob Z came over from Holland (out of business), the other handful were brought in from YRC. Yellow bought Jevic years back and sucked the life out of them, Yellow is about to go under. See any trends being set or is it just me??
Holy crap, when did Holland go out of business? You'd think I would have heard about that one!

Yes you are right, the only way for us [emplotees and company] to survive is for all of us to work together. I was really speaking, and hoping someone else would do better at slamming what i said. All i did was take comments from here and other conversations anmd string them together. R&l is having big time growing pains, and yes we all have to hope and pray it will all work. Personaly i am still proud to be here and still working. This said, this is not the company i came to work for years ago. It is not a small family run company anymore, but 1 mans dream coming true and it makes me feel good to be part of it. Its like being a part of history, and i believe even though sometimes it does not feel like it they still have our best interest at heart. I really dont have any problem with insurance going up, no pay raise, i can even live with losing sick days if in the long run it helps. R&l has been mighty good to me and my family, and i am not going to turn my back on them when i get chance to do a small part to try to treat them as they have treated me in the past. After all i was living and paying my bills on what i was making so really not big deal. Yes i would to make more but wouldnt we all. No i am not a salary person i am a driver,and yes i am happy as a pig in mud to be working where i am. I just think that some management needs to lose the "be happy you have a job" attitude and listen to the guys on the street and treating us like dirt. Notice i said some, not all as blanket statement. Gonna get off soapbox now. Prayer helps in all situations, pray not for yourself but for those running the company and our fellow employees. God bless and you and yours steering wheel

Yes you are right, the only way for us [emplotees and company] to survive is for all of us to work together. I was really speaking, and hoping someone else would do better at slamming what i said. All i did was take comments from here and other conversations anmd string them together. R&l is having big time growing pains, and yes we all have to hope and pray it will all work. Personaly i am still proud to be here and still working. This said, this is not the company i came to work for years ago. It is not a small family run company anymore, but 1 mans dream coming true and it makes me feel good to be part of it. Its like being a part of history, and i believe even though sometimes it does not feel like it they still have our best interest at heart. I really dont have any problem with insurance going up, no pay raise, i can even live with losing sick days if in the long run it helps. R&l has been mighty good to me and my family, and i am not going to turn my back on them when i get chance to do a small part to try to treat them as they have treated me in the past. After all i was living and paying my bills on what i was making so really not big deal. Yes i would to make more but wouldnt we all. No i am not a salary person i am a driver,and yes i am happy as a pig in mud to be working where i am. I just think that some management needs to lose the "be happy you have a job" attitude and listen to the guys on the street and treating us like dirt. Notice i said some, not all as blanket statement. Gonna get off soapbox now. Prayer helps in all situations, pray not for yourself but for those running the company and our fellow employees. God bless and you and yours steering wheel
:popcorn::popcorn:

My town of about 40,000 has always been very productive with lots of job opportunities but in the last year and a half there has been countless companies go out of business and those that have not gone under have reduced there work force substantially. Most of the local banks will not even consider commercial loans. R&L is one of the strongest employers in our area even with the cutbacks. Currently the unemployeement rate is at 10% and climbing.

Where are you out of? It's not posted on your location.

so glad you are all so positive.one mans dream.good line. remember it was hitlers dream for germany. nixons dream about vietnam.etc.,etc.i guess if you have a dream it doesnt matter how many peoples lives, or their jobs,home,family wellfair, etc. you destroy.team drivers, starve em out.dont need them linehaul drivers, replace them with cheaper labor, dont need them. city drivers, overload them with deliveries and ridiculous rules, then demand more work rather than having enough help. you all forgot, r& l had it right,and screwed it up. glad yhou have a job. r&l is so thankful for this economy, because it does make it hard to quit when there is a job shortageNOW. what will happen when things do eventually pick up and other jobs are availible.there will be a mass exit from r&l.they love this recession as they can hide their mis deeds behind the times are hard excuse. even worse than the cuts in personal days and 401K, r&l has so violated the trust of their emplyees they will never get it back.welcome to the roberts dream.for the employees its a nightmare.:stirthepot:

THATS MY LAST POST.IM OUT OF HERE .CANT TAKE ANYMORE.MY ATTITUDE DOES NOT ALLOW FOR RATIONAL DISCUSSION.R&L HAS RUINED ME. THAYS MY PROBLEM N OT YOURS.im opting out of the nightmare.

so glad you are all so positive.one mans dream.good line. remember it was hitlers dream for germany. nixons dream about vietnam.etc.,etc.i guess if you have a dream it doesnt matter how many peoples lives, or their jobs,home,family wellfair, etc. you destroy.team drivers, starve em out.dont need them linehaul drivers, replace them with cheaper labor, dont need them. city drivers, overload them with deliveries and ridiculous rules, then demand more work rather than having enough help. you all forgot, r& l had it right,and screwed it up. glad yhou have a job. r&l is so thankful for this economy, because it does make it hard to quit when there is a job shortageNOW. what will happen when things do eventually pick up and other jobs are availible.there will be a mass exit from r&l.they love this recession as they can hide their mis deeds behind the times are hard excuse. even worse than the cuts in personal days and 401K, r&l has so violated the trust of their emplyees they will never get it back.welcome to the roberts dream.for the employees its a nightmare.:stirthepot:

just wondering I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR POINTS!!!!!! AND THEY ARE VERY GOOD ONES BUT AS YOU SAY JOB MARKET NOT THAT GREAT, KINDASORTA STUCK IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN I FORESEE A GREAT MIGRATION FROM R&L WHEN TIMES GET BETTER. ALL OLD HANDS WILL NOT FORGET HOW THEY WERE TREATED GOD BLESS AND KEEP STEERING WHEEL

My town of about 40,000 has always been very productive with lots of job opportunities but in the last year and a half there has been countless companies go out of business and those that have not gone under have reduced there work force substantially. Most of the local banks will not even consider commercial loans. R&L is one of the strongest employers in our area even with the cutbacks. Currently the unemployeement rate is at 10% and climbing. When we lost our 401K contributions and personal days I was as upset as everyone else and my bad attitude was at an all time low, but that hasn't helped the situation. I agree with Wilson, keep fighting and lets see how it turns out. It wasn't R&L's decision to bail out the automotive industry or create a stimulus package at the expense of the tax payers, which has proven to be a huge mistake, but R&L still has to do what it takes to survive. If we as voters don't stop big Government it's going to get much worse because they want companies like R&L to foot the bill which will in turn trickle down to us. I don't have the answers but at this point I'm still paying my bills and for that I'm thankfull.

This country is not ruled by the majority, it is ruled by the majority of people that participate. Thomas Jefferson

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it. Thomas Paine

In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults; if they are such; because I think a general government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe, further, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other. Benjamin Franklin