R&L | What Happened to R&L

done wrong

TB Lurker
Credits
The last few posts I have put up on TruckingBoards regarding R&L have been borderline negative to put in nicely.
I use to be a big supporter of the company and try to defend them if somebody (say my brother - works for FedEx),
would talk down to us or maybe a dockworker or driver would starting spreading rumors without knowing any facts in relation to what he/she is talking about. Now-a-days I could care less about what happens around here. I'm not going out of my way to help anybody out, not going the extra mile and stay late to ensure that the 29 reports that need to be done each night are complete. Come two AM whatevers not done....tomorrow's another day. What's the worse that could happen? Get fired? Unemployment keeps getting extended (over 2yrs now) so that's not a deterent. Lose my personal days.....oops, don't have any. I know I'm complaining a lot right now and I can already hear some people saying well you should be thankful/greatful to have a job. I found this one looking and sure I could get another.
Or the generic answer you get from TM's and higher ups, "IF you don't like it quit!" I'm not going down that road, as long as my paychecks here on Friday I'll keep coming in. It just seems like the company is going down a road nobody see's an end too. If you have been working for the company long enough you can see what I'm talking about and there can't be anybody here logged in under the R&L forum that can dispute what I have been saying.
Does anybody here feel the way I do?

Just about everyone I think.I told my dispatcher the other day that my give a damns broke and I'm not gonna have a heart attack worrying about their freight.

That's what I was saying along with our senior dispatcher the other day. More often then not now it really feels like were going to have a heart attack here, and i'm way too young for that.

:TR10driving03:been here almost 11 years.i was so excited when i came to work here.to actually be with a company that treated you right, paid well, and stood by their employees. yes there were thin winters, but no one got laid off. we all slowed down, tried to spread the work around as much as possible, and made do, knowing it was temporary.when the company said something they stuck to it. when they did something that wasn't working, they had the good sense to stop, regroup, and try something else.the last year to year and a half it seems we are sliding down a steep, slippery slope.i fear we have slid so far the R&L we have all know is gone. i kust hope zimmerman and his henchmen do not completely destroy the company. everyone says call senior. well, it seems he has bought into the changes as they has been ample time for him to say NO, we are not going in that direction.the two sons, same thing.no one will tell you anything.to watch robbie come into the drivers room to talk with the drivers is almost painful. as long as no issues are raised, hes ok.but let someone bring up a change, or cut, and he almost rus out of the room, because some things they just cant justify.as i have said before, they bought abco,spirit,paramount,surplus yellow roadway property,etc.but they cant pay 3 personal days, or at least wait till jan. 1 to cut them.i will say again, we have lost R&L. it is so wrong and sad what they have done to their employees.merry christmas mr. roberts and your family.hope you have a good one for you have ruined many of your employees.

Its the damndest thing I have ever seen!!!! It is almost as it is their goal to destroy the company....

Not just drivers, but terminal managers, dispatchers, mechanics, office, dock, etc, etc, all of their give a damn is busted....

No one cares, because everyone is getting treated like crap...

Its kinda like like the democrats shoving this healthcare bill up our :eck13: No one wants it, but they are gonna screw us whether we want it or not....

Maybe things will change for the better in the future, I'll just show up and do my job, but the incentive to go above and beyond, as we all used to do, and were all happy to do, is gone...(Remember hurry driver)...

I have not taken 15 minutes to eat lunch, or take a break in months and months....I wonder if Zimmerman gets to take a break and eat lunch daily?

One more thing, that "World class customer service" that we hear on the phone, when we are waiting on hold for 20 minutes, you know when they say "we know your time is valuable", is about enough to make you wanna kill yourself...:ranting2:

To my R&L brothers and sisters who bust it everyday, Merry Christmas!!!

To the ones running this once fine company into the ground, you know the YRC crew :eck13:

anxious to see the threads when things take a turn for the better and were all asked to work 10-15 hours over our scheduled shift because the bill count is so high !!!!

My give a damn will still be broken.Parts are easy to come by,all it requires is me being treated like a human being.

anxious to see the threads when things take a turn for the better and were all asked to work 10-15 hours over our scheduled shift because the bill count is so high !!!!

Does not matter if hours worked increases because the YRC crew running the show will still insist treating employees like crap therefore moral will still be terrible

I'm anxious too, anxious to see if when that happens will will get our sick days back? all 3 of them! Will we be hiring drivers or just putting more on the plates of the already overworked ones that we have? I dont know about you,but I'm tired of making up excuses as to why I'm always late getting to my customers for deliveries and pick-ups.
My customers like me, but they are getting tired of R+L. So until the customer service takes a turn for the better, I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for that super high bill count you speak of. The customer wants their freight picked up and delivered on time for a fair price. Falter on any one of these points and the competition is nipping at your heels.
Our prices have never been very low and now out customer service is really lacking...do the math on that.

Buford, I think you are missing O/B Lead's point. He's salary not hourly. Thats why he is complaining about working past his time. Not that he doesnt want to work...just not for free. I think you could agree to that.

Citydriver is correct. It not that I don't want to put in the hours or work hard while I'm there. It's just I'm tired of working for free on a daily basis when a few more people could be hired, get the work a little bit faster and still got the people off the clock in a timely fashion. Instead they want all the terminals working with a skeleton crew and trying to get done as fast as possible. The bills count and tonnage is still the same as it was in the Summer time but Wilmington wants you to believe we are slow. Slow?? Come work on our dock....or ask the dockworkers in CHI, DLS, ATL....see if they tell anybody it's slow.

Same here in HTF.They say its slow but were killing ourselves with the freight levels that supposedly don't exist.

Yeah, I talk to Kevin every other night or so and he is saying you guys are staying busy every night. Is there a silver bullet at your place right now? I thought Bill was hanging out there?

It's no secret RL days are ###as my bro works for Yrc & we argue alot,truth is several are going to go,Bless them,yrc is not,so the sharks have to frenzy elsewhere!

Yeah, I talk to Kevin every other night or so and he is saying you guys are staying busy every night. Is there a silver bullet at your place right now? I thought Bill was hanging out there?

He was there when Sponge bob was covering our TM because he didn't want to have to do anything but I haven't seen the silver bullet since bob left.He may be there late and I don't see him as I'm a city driver.