ODFL | WHAT HAPPENS TO OLD DOMINION RETIRED TRUCKS?

dddlgllc

TB Lurker
Credits
So im seeing alot of Old Dominion trucks at 3rd party truck sale sites. Does Old D have a place to buy those direct?

So im seeing alot of Old Dominion trucks at 3rd party truck sale sites. Does Old D have a place to buy those direct?
I know a guy that jus bought one of our used pup trailers Direct from the company Not sure Who he contacted in order to buy it my best bet is that you call one of the big terminals with a shop and talk to a shop supervisor I’m 100% sure he can tell you what avenues to take in order to buy Direct

I have seen our old tractors on spring break vacations throughout the Caribbean Islands. In the US I've noticed a lot of car and RV haulers using them.

They become roundabout training trucks !!
222579614_4350976531591398_6566971369473812610_n.jpg

My dad(74) suggested me getting into driving a truck 11 years ago, when I was out of work. Since I got into driving(since then) He has become a 'transporter'(past 2 years). He's about to fully retire, due to age(and I had to really help him with learning how to 'log'..he has a Class B). He has 'transported' alot of our old trucks(I've had to 'walk' him into our some of our terms). Basically he said, either he drives our daycabs over to different companies to auction them off, OR if it's a sleeper or box truck, they usually go to a port and get shipped either overseas(most cases he said South america...go figure), or else they might get auctioned off(which in his experiences, he rarely sees that happening). However, he did say the mileage is VERY HIGH on them. But, he did say they were very well maintained, especially due to the high mileage.