FedEx Freight | What have you done lately to bring down our operating ratio ?

I can't believe we could damage more freight than we already do, but it misfit is correct, and they want to get rid of decking, then we're going to have to rent space in another warehouse to contain our damages because we don't have room now as it is. And I'm talking stupid damage. Pounds per hour or bills per hour damage.

Franklin said:
I can't believe we could damage more freight than we already do, but it misfit is correct, and they want to get rid of decking, then we're going to have to rent space in another warehouse to contain our damages because we don't have room now as it is. And I'm talking stupid damage. Pounds per hour or bills per hour damage.

He said senseless decking,they will not get rid of decking.

Has anybody else seen an increase in injuries from working with these fine loads? In-bound and city routes. Backs, shoulders, smashed hands, stitches, etc........

So who says were getting rid of decking? I have seen multiple loads of brand new boards coming in. Problem we don't have beams. Not sure where they all went to but CGT never seems to have any good ones.

Thats why USF freight always kicked our ass. I ahve made the suggestions but they don't get it. You have an 80 dr term. 28ft trls = 2240 ft. of floor space. They always want to deck waisted time. Use 53 ft trls (53 x 80 = 4240 ft ) difference 2000ft ofadded floor space. No drop and hook pay all TO's and double 53's on pike add another 22 ft of floor space. Was told we utilize doubles for via's USF just bumps the dock and unloads it no drop and hook. If you had space and were on your way back from a meetpoint we could swing through and pick frt up. Also USF never let any frt. sit on a dock and wait to be loaded in special place on the trl. It's very easy FEDEX get enough freight to loaD a city van blow it in their farest point in the noise and closest first. This palce waist so much time in the morning loading frt in some special damn order. most of the time it doesn't work ( JUST PUD CODE IT ) NOT OUR FAULT! You provide a superior service the costomer derserves a superior service not excuses! Damn I should be a SCM! I tell them this every once in awhile they just give that bewildered look!

I did my job to the best of my ability. That's the most any of us can do. Maybe if FedEx didn't waste the resources of 6 people from 3 different locations trying to figure out the seniority list for 44 drivers their operating ratio would drop. I have seen a lot of waste by drivers and management staff including myself sometimes. But I try always to do my best to think of ways to save money. However we were told, in no uncertain terms, that the people in Harrison were much smarter than us so we should not question what they say. Even if we may have a better idea, we were told to keep it to ourselves.

I stopped punching in and working the dock on my shuttle run, now I just sleep in my truck for three hours then get my hooks and go home. Saving them almost $360.00 a week !

Sooooo, before it was an accident that you didn't deck anything?????:burnsauce:
do what ? you asking about me hurtin myself ? no that freight was not decked not sure what you are askin driver ? :6788:

Thats why USF freight always kicked our ass. I ahve made the suggestions but they don't get it. You have an 80 dr term. 28ft trls = 2240 ft. of floor space. They always want to deck waisted time. Use 53 ft trls (53 x 80 = 4240 ft ) difference 2000ft ofadded floor space. No drop and hook pay all TO's and double 53's on pike add another 22 ft of floor space. Was told we utilize doubles for via's USF just bumps the dock and unloads it no drop and hook. If you had space and were on your way back from a meetpoint we could swing through and pick frt up. Also USF never let any frt. sit on a dock and wait to be loaded in special place on the trl. It's very easy FEDEX get enough freight to loaD a city van blow it in their farest point in the noise and closest first. This palce waist so much time in the morning loading frt in some special damn order. most of the time it doesn't work ( JUST PUD CODE IT ) NOT OUR FAULT! You provide a superior service the costomer derserves a superior service not excuses! Damn I should be a SCM! I tell them this every once in awhile they just give that bewildered look!

he said pud:hysterical::guiness:

Kinda reminds me of the guy on Sons of Anarchy. S.O.A. Starts up again the first week of sept BTW

A good place to start would be to let local managers manage and get rid of the micro manage mentality so we can move freight productivly again.
So many chiefs and Central Dispatch trying to make sure to be able to put their stamp of approval on anything and everything that it's no wonder our O.R sucks. In my 30 years of driving I've never seen such a screwed up mentality of complicating anything and everything to the point of outright stupidity.

We were told there is zero toletance for breaking down skids.I see loads come in that are worthy of giving somebody three days off all the time. Supposedly people are being made to answer for this crap.

We were told there is zero toletance for breaking down skids.I see loads come in that are worthy of giving somebody three days off all the time. Supposedly people are being made to answer for this crap.
We've been told the same thing but 2 days after I was told to break down 2 skids to get them on the rear of the trailer. I let the red shirt cut the shrink wrap, I helped him load (cram) the freight on the trailer but I would not let him scan my badge saying that I loaded it. I was told by management that we are not supposed to break the shrink wrap under any circumstances but it could be overlooked in certain instances to make service or gate times. I don't trust these people no more than I trust a politician.

now that is funny . We are told that then see it all day long and watch management reaarrange a few carton to make it all fit. just so they can send a empty with the loaded trailer. we have to get so many bills on a trailer or a set amount no excuses.

When the supervisor says I have to fit 1 or 2 more shipments on that full trailer, I tell him I can make it fit, but it's not going to look pretty, he reply's, I don't care how you get it on there, it has to be on that trailer, cram it and jam it. I put it on there and make him scan it on, then I go out and hook an empty to take home with me.:regretful:

When the supervisor says I have to fit 1 or 2 more shipments on that full trailer, I tell him I can make it fit, but it's not going to look pretty, he reply's, I don't care how you get it on there, it has to be on that trailer, cram it and jam it. I put it on there and make him scan it on, then I go out and hook an empty to take home with me.:regretful:

I know this happens sometimes and I'll never never never understand it! stoooo pid!

Empties don't count against load average. It's funny math. The term is "laden load average" Instead of counting all trailers in the lane divided by tonnage, they only count the loaded ones.

Empties don't count against load average. It's funny math. The term is "laden load average" Instead of counting all trailers in the lane divided by tonnage, they only count the loaded ones.

Empties don't count in the little load average numbers game they like to play, but it sure is fun to argue with them, if that empty Im pulling back doesn't count, then Im wasting my time hooking and pulling it home, I'll just single home, because in all reality, that trailer really isn't there anyway, Ya gotta love there reasoning sometimes.:regretful: :D