SAIA | What is the number one problem?

red-eye

TB Lurker
Credits
alot of changes around here the last couple of years.just wondering what everybody thought was the number one problem around here.:maddance3:

:boohoo::boohoo:first guess.........no one seems 2 know what's going on when you get to your first stop....if you call dispatch they get mad[why are you calling us?isn't somebody there?]yea and they told me they don't know what's going on and to call dispatch........this is after sitting on hold for a little while........get's a little old when your ready to head to the house

The #1 problem is that there is not enough freight for all companys. So why not close SAIA and give all of your freight to FX and you would help solve some of our problems.

OK, I am just kidding you, really.

This economy is just giving everyone the bad moods and you guys as drivers and dock hands are the ones with the target on your backs and foreheads. I am not proud to say it like that but it is what it is. Things will improve soon!

i was a happy go lucky guy a while back.....................now i try to run over small animals and old ladies just for fun...is that ok?

It is the same talk with every company now red-eye. Things are getting better real soon and then your upper management will stop having PMS

i'll be glad when thing's pick up,cause i was getting ready 2 start running over guy's with the best run's

My biggest complaint lately has been the amount of notice given to something. Two examples would be a few weeks ago changing which day the weekend on-call drivers and volunteers run. They posted it Monday or Tuesday and it took effect that week. The latest would be the changes to our New Year's linehaul schedule. Our bid sheet with our holiday days off has been posted since shortly after Thanksgiving. We come in last Monday (the week of New Year's), and low and behold a new schedule is posted stating it supercedes all others posted. There we drivers with plans to be out of town New Year's Day, and I had plans to do some home renovations. Since my bid involves dock work, not only did I (and 3 others) have to work New Year's Eve, but we also had to work New Year's Day. Yeah it would have sucked anyway....but just the fact they waited until the last minute to communicate it is what annoyed me. Luckily I was able to do my turn early that morning instead of leaving at my cut time. Atleast they were flexible with those of us who wanted to do that.

Management: The short version is if you are going to change a schedule, policy, etc.; please give us more notice so that we can change our plans accordingly. We all know there is nothing we can do about a change, but advance notice would make the transition alot more smooth.

If I many offer my humble opinion!! I think the number one problem is supervisors and managers like to play the blame game!! Everyone pretty much works as a team except management!! We all need to be team Saia and everyone should feel like this is OUR company!! When people feel like they are a part of something they will kill themselves to make it succeed!! In short MORALE!!!

My biggest complaint lately has been the amount of notice given to something. Two examples would be a few weeks ago changing which day the weekend on-call drivers and volunteers run. They posted it Monday or Tuesday and it took effect that week. The latest would be the changes to our New Year's linehaul schedule. Our bid sheet with our holiday days off has been posted since shortly after Thanksgiving. We come in last Monday (the week of New Year's), and low and behold a new schedule is posted stating it supercedes all others posted. There we drivers with plans to be out of town New Year's Day, and I had plans to do some home renovations. Since my bid involves dock work, not only did I (and 3 others) have to work New Year's Eve, but we also had to work New Year's Day. Yeah it would have sucked anyway....but just the fact they waited until the last minute to communicate it is what annoyed me. Luckily I was able to do my turn early that morning instead of leaving at my cut time. Atleast they were flexible with those of us who wanted to do that.

Management: The short version is if you are going to change a schedule, policy, etc.; please give us more notice so that we can change our plans accordingly. We all know there is nothing we can do about a change, but advance notice would make the transition alot more smooth.

About trucking:
Nothing ever stays the same.
If you don't like things the way they are,
don't worry, they will change.
If you like things the way they are,
don't get use to it,
that will change too.

The only person that likes change,
is a wet baby.