Holland | Whatever happened to this lawsuit??????

JohnnyRotten

TB Lurker
Credits
"Organizing Hurdles
The union has faced challenges recently in its attempts to organize workers at USF
Dugan. The company has run anti-worker, anti-union campaigns to challenge the union, and the company is putting up
resistance in negotiating first contracts with the Dugan workers at three locations. Also, 1,500 Teamsters at the
financially-troubled USF Red Star lost their jobs last May when the subsidiary abruptly closed in violation of the Teamster contract and without the proper warning to workers. The shutdown was part of Red Star’s parent company’s decision to use the recognition strike by Local 107 last May as a pretext for closing Red Star and replacing it with the highlyprofitable USF Holland in the Northeast. The union has filed a lawsuit against USF to remedy its unlawful conduct. Union leaders have told
management of the their concerns and the Teamsters are making sure that part of the discussions center on organizing
workers at USF. Organizing more workers will help all Teamster freight members."

The above was cut and pasted from the teamster magazine May 2005, page 4

...... 1 year after USF illegaly shut redstar and almost 2 years ago. We all also know what happened to Dugan. I know that the wheels of justice are slow, and want to know if anyone can shed some light on this!!!!! Or was that just smoke and mirrors, hoping that we eventually would forget that travesty??

Come on Jimmy show us that we were not forgotten!

Right now Jimmy is probably out of town on other union business. But if he were to answer your question he would probably say that he won a $7 million WARN & breach of contract award for us...Because remember he vowed that he would not rest until the Red Star Teamsters got justice.

As far as the Dugan men who voted to join the Teamsters, my guess is that they were all taken care of with good union jobs at USF. So the lawsuit is probably moot.

As far as the Dugan men who voted to join the Teamsters, my guess is that they were all taken care of with good union jobs at USF. So the lawsuit is probably moot.

YES because we all know the only HARM done to anybody were Redstar employees. Every other USF employee had to of been taken care of, As long as you weren't Redstar because we know they were the only ones with losses here at USF. No one else other than the Redstar guys could of suffered any losses at all.
Yea Right get over it. I was employed at Dugan for 7 years I lost 3 weeks paid vacation, good money, great ins. and had to start at .39 cpm and $16. with Holland but I don't sit and harp on this 19 months later. It's sad but get over it and make the best the good lord gives us...:smilie_132:

As far as the Dugan men who voted to join the Teamsters, my guess is that they were all taken care of with good union jobs at USF. So the lawsuit is probably moot.[/QUOTE]

YES because we all know the only HARM done to anybody were Redstar employees. Every other USF employee had to of been taken care of, As long as you weren't Redstar because we know they were the only ones with losses here at USF. No one else other than the Redstar guys could of suffered any losses at all.
Yea Right get over it. I was employed at Dugan for 7 years I lost 3 weeks paid vacation, good money, great ins. and had to start at .39 cpm and $16. with Holland but I don't sit and harp on this 19 months later. It's sad but get over it and make the best the good lord gives us...:smilie_132:[/QUOTE]

Well At least you were Holland material.You made out except you lost your vacation.But you are right about one thing.The get over it part.I know I have.

Grumpy:

I'm not harping.....................Only asking a question. What's done is done. It's over and to tell you the truth, except for loosing 2 weeks vacation and about $45,000 in wages, because of the wage tier , I am actually better off now then I was at redstar! Quit being so critical!

Yea Right get over it. I was employed at Dugan for 7 years I lost 3 weeks paid vacation, good money, great ins. and had to start at .39 cpm and $16. with Holland but I don't sit and harp on this 19 months later. It's sad but get over it and make the best the good lord gives us...:smilie_132:
WOW!!! I guess that you are grumpy.I was just being sarcastic when I said I guess the Dugan men were all taken care of. What did happen to the lawsuit?