Yellow | Whats In Your BAs Wallet?

T

turboj

Just got the latest union rag in the mail. There shouldn't be a problem in the world that jimmy the slickest can't fix. Anyways, how many of you know what your ba makes? Is he worth it? How about a little over 100 grand(this might be last years figure), full UPS health and pension benefits, fancy, BIG new cars for all(about every 2 years)with all of the auto expenses paid, free, free life time health benefits(same as above)paid for by the local after your first 3 years in office and you get re-elected, expense account. I'd bring up the work schedule but work is probably the wrong word. Most are fat too. Are they worth it? HELL NO!!!

when i was in atl last yr at local 728, my agent had his act together and all of the other agents as well, but when I transferred last july as a ue in charleston sc my agent up there did not meet expectations.....He rarely returned calls and when you ask questions he always said I will get back to you and that never happened.......My hats off to local 728 and if you guys get a chance check out their website......"TOP NOTCH".......:clap::shift:

Every BA I have had to work with more than earned his money.
Local 222 Salt Lake City Utah

B.A.S work just as hard as used car salesmen. Its not easy telling lies with a straight face. Ever notice that the car you are looking at is the best on the lot. No B.A is worth a squirt of hot pi$$. Maybe at first until they forget they acutally work for YOU. Then they get a car, expence account, steal from the strike fund. Next thing you know, they think they are Joe mob boss, and everyone should kiss there *****.

Just got the latest union rag in the mail. There shouldn't be a problem in the world that jimmy the slickest can't fix. Anyways, how many of you know what your ba makes? Is he worth it? How about a little over 100 grand(this might be last years figure), full UPS health and pension benefits, fancy, BIG new cars for all(about every 2 years)with all of the auto expenses paid, free, free life time health benefits(same as above)paid for by the local after your first 3 years in office and you get re-elected, expense account. I'd bring up the work schedule but work is probably the wrong word. Most are fat too. Are they worth it? HELL NO!!!

If you look at the lower left hand corner of the cover page of that Teamsters magazine....you will see me!

Don't paint us ALL with that broad brush of yours!

The pay is all there in the LM-2 reports filed each year under The Law.

As for the cars.....Mercury Marquees....approx $18,000 each..We pay $750 per year for any personal use per IRS rules....we run well over 275K to 300K miles on them before they get replaced (5-7 years) I drive a 2008 Ford E-350, 12 seat van so that we can travel to places and avoid the exspense of air fare in order to allow more of us to go to places (that's right, I drive the short bus!)

I have to pay 6% of my paycheck (mandatory) in my pension plan each week....do you?

We have guidelines for expenses....no open expense account!

I get started at 0500 Monday - Friday and finish up around 600 pm each night..take the calls after hours also...get to bed around 11 pm and start all over again 0500 the next morning. If we don't have any meetings on Saturday or Sunday.....we still are on call 24/7/365......Are you?

Vacation Days......we are on call....Are You?

Sick days..we are on call..... Are you?

Lifetime benefits?..I get the same that you do if you are in Central States.

On top of all the hours...you deal with all the contractual problems...Personal problems....Individual problems...Day to operations of running a Local...health problems (lack of time for workouts) due to work schedules....MAKE TIME FOR TRUCKINGBOARDS to get info out to ALL OF YOU....government rules and paper work..work within the IBT guidelines and Local By-Laws.....pissed off members...and bullshit posts as yours!

And one more thing.....I love what I do...it is a movement..not a vocation....you ain't gonna get rich...but I enjoy that moment when a member comes into your office, as they did this morning and thanks you personally for helping him and his family during these difficult times.....and all that is wiped away for the day when I read dumbass posts like yours.....get real!.......KK

Our Ba.'s here at 776 Harrisburg do a good job.I don't know about other locals but ours don't make 100 thousand a year they get 60 hours at freight rate.

As for the cars.....Mercury Marquees....approx $18,000 each..We pay $750 per year for any personal use per IRS rules....we run well over 275K to 300K miles on them before they get replaced (5-7 years) I drive a 2008 Ford E-350, 12 seat van so that we can travel to places and avoid the exspense of air fare in order to allow more of us to go to places (that's right, I drive the short bus!)

I have to pay 6% of my paycheck (mandatory) in my pension plan each week....do you?

I get started at 0500 Monday - Friday and finish up around 600 pm each night..take the calls after hours also...get to bed around 11 pm and start all over again 0500 the next morning. If we don't have any meetings on Saturday or Sunday.....we still are on call 24/7/365......Are you?

On top of all the hours...you deal with all the contractual problems...Personal problems....Individual problems...Day to operations of running a Local...health problems (lack of time for workouts) due to work schedules....MAKE TIME FOR TRUCKINGBOARDS to get info out to ALL OF YOU....government rules and paper work..work within the IBT guidelines and Local By-Laws.....pissed off members...and bullshit posts as yours!

And one more thing.....I love what I do...it is a movement..not a vocation....you ain't gonna get rich...but I enjoy that moment when a member comes into your office, as they did this morning and thanks you personally for helping him and his family during these difficult times.....and all that is wiped away for the day when I read dumbass posts like yours.....get real!.......KK

K.K.,
You are one out of thousand,like you said you love your job, and it shows by what you do and the information you post. My brush was a little broad as well. Sorry for that. But I can say what I posted in MOST cases its true. I love the ideal of the teamsters, I love being a teamster. I the past couple of years I don't like the tend.

If you don`t have anything good to say just don`t say anything. It`s better to remain silent and thought afool than to open your mouth and prove it!

If you look at the lower left hand corner of the cover page of that Teamsters magazine....you will see me!

LOL.......I recognized your ugly head KK.....Only gripe I have in the May/June Issue of Teamster magazine is there is nothing about Yrc or Abf or Upsf in the magazine.......whats up with that...>?....please correct me if I am wrong......:TR10driving03:

If you don`t have anything good to say just don`t say anything. It`s better to remain silent and thought afool than to open your mouth and prove it!

Just don't say anything, keep quiet. SHHHH. Hey we are getting screwed left and right, SHHHHHHH, maybe if we are quiet they will stop, or go away. Hey now thats good advice. Did that make me a fool?

Just hold that thought the next time you are in the room needing representation .....

In 15yrs. of employment in the Y.R.C system, I have never need representation. I only took it if it was offered, but never needed. Read your contract book, know it inside and out. Do your job right. Remeber people who out smart you will own you. You have to be a step ahead of these so called bosses.

The ONLY complaint I had with my union is they need to use the members to recruit new members. I went to a couple of efforts to unionize. There should be more of this. Every local should have a website with a "organize here" button. The local in Dallas does not have this. Ken B certainly is not sleeping on the job though.

thats at least a year old and as usual something that tdu copy and pasted from some other article