TForce | whats your beef?

johny lunchmeat

TB Lurker
Credits
the major reason we voted down the contract in our barn was the language that still allowed ups to use contractors to haul our freight. I hate using the word "contractor" to describe these mutants but for some reason the real term to describe these "contractors" has been banned on this site. anyway..alot of our line guys system wide lost jobs...homes ..etc. just so ups could save a few bucks that should be criminal. I am not a line driver however that dosent matter!!! our line haul union brothers got and will continue to get screwed with any loop hole allowing ups to use ********* to haul freight!!!! if ups wants to save money they need to layoff these worthless managers and go get some shmucks from labor-ready throw them in a ups polo shirt pay em 11 buks an hour..boom problem solved. so unless there is new language stating no use of "contractors" unless our freight volume is too much for us to handle like the package side has..our vote will still be a big fat NO!..anyway that's our BEEF..whats yours??????...thanks for the forum..lunchmeat out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Same, with a few others. Pension, Subcontracting, LHD, Healthcare, Wages, Sick Time, Dock pay rate, Unclear and non specific language throughout the contract. Part timers, Starting pay progression. The whole damn contract!

The Same, with a few others. Pension, Subcontracting, LHD, Healthcare, Wages, Sick Time, Dock pay rate, Unclear and non specific language throughout the contract. Part timers, Starting pay progression. The whole damn contract!

I also see problems with all of the above.

The vague language is the worst part of it. I heard this time they recorded the talks so they have proof of the intent of the language. That's a laugh, get the intent in solid language in the contract! I say the language is the worst and here's why. UPS has a free hand to do whatever they want to us with it being written this way. Go ahead and grieve it, and be prepared to wait 4-5 years for an answer you may not agree with. We have all the evidence of abuse with the subcontractor issue which came out of contract #1. Let's not give them the same chance on #2. BTW did anyone else notice Indy shot this TA down big?

These contractors are drivers just trying to earn a living and respond to their dispatchers,like any of us do.Though you may not like their dispatch,I think youre anger may be pointed in the wrong direction..Opinions are like *******s and this is mine.

the major reason we voted down the contract in our barn was the language that still allowed ups to use contractors to haul our freight. I hate using the word "contractor" to describe these mutants but for some reason the real term to describe these "contractors" has been banned on this site. anyway..alot of our line guys system wide lost jobs...homes ..etc. just so ups could save a few bucks that should be criminal. I am not a line driver however that dosent matter!!! our line haul union brothers got and will continue to get screwed with any loop hole allowing ups to use ********* to haul freight!!!! if ups wants to save money they need to layoff these worthless managers and go get some shmucks from labor-ready throw them in a ups polo shirt pay em 11 buks an hour..boom problem solved. so unless there is new language stating no use of "contractors" unless our freight volume is too much for us to handle like the package side has..our vote will still be a big fat NO!..anyway that's our BEEF..whats yours??????...thanks for the forum..lunchmeat out!!

I hear alot of remarks from management (themselves)about the way this pee poor company is run. Not saying the company is poor but theire operations and staff suck. Everyone wants to be chief and NO one wants to be responsible. Lets face it. Dispatchers like to deligate the responibility but no one has the authority to call the shots. Upper management seems to be hideing under a rock for the last 4-5 years , they need to get some management with a set of Balls.

Even when the language is clear to a 1st law student can understand it if the BA is full of BS it doesn't matter. Have you ever noticed that every grievance is settleted with out setting a precedence its because the 2 are in bed together and you know who's on top.

Even when the language is clear to a 1st law student can understand it if the BA is full of BS it doesn't matter. Have you ever noticed that every grievance is settleted with out setting a precedence its because the 2 are in bed together and you know who's on top.

Parcel is their bread and butter. They hate LTL... UPSF and ABF proves that...

NO they dont hate either one> Hall has no knowledge of freight and the operation of frieght. He needs to stick to things he knows. He has done package contracts .