TForce | When somebody tells you what they're going to do with the company, listen

No port

Libertarian free thinker
Credits
Back in 2021 the CEO of TFI said that this company had all sorts of problems and issues that needed to be dealt with,
It is now 2024 and we've seen all the cuts they've made at this company so it's more profitable.
Last month they eliminated over at 100 White collar jobs.
TFI is a serious as a heart attack about making this company profitable.
If your job isn't directly moving or have their hand in the movement of freight it is not safe.

Don't forget that close small terminal ocala fl is close to orlando and Jacksonville next Savannah Georgia to close to Jacksonville and Atlanta the oready close nanued NY and more to come
There is a limit to the service areas of certain locations. Anything that is within 1 hour of another terminal, COULD be merged (if the other terminal has the space). Otherwise the driving distance makes the option less favorable.

Don't forget that close small terminal ocala fl is close to orlando and Jacksonville next Savannah Georgia to close to Jacksonville and Atlanta the oready close nanued NY and more to come
Does anyone know if Parkersburg, WV, Landover, MD and York, PA actually closed?

Thats a SHAME.

Those would be useful locations Gater. PKB in particular.

Makes me think they care more about cash income than taking care of the people. When I was little you could ship a turkey cooked and wrapped by Railway Express downtown (Railway Express stopped in the late 50's which was the UPS, Fed ex etc of that time period) from any town to any town common railroad and local truck.

Now its trending that they close these yards in the LTL Industry to the point that only a few are left standing to handle say Uncle Sams stuff or medical or whatever.

Common Peons like me will no longer be able to go to the local yard in town with a box to send anywhere someday. If that is the future, then the local businesses we have that are "Shipping Stores" run to help people send boxes or whatever will also go out of business too. These are small businesses run by several people. Not chain stores.

I hate to be difficult but I get upset when I see the trend to mega corporate box type situation all over America where no one has a small business of any kind anywhere. Its all a Corporation Land NATION for lack of a good set of words to describe it. It will be a form of prison.

You probably will get your roast turkey issued to you upon approval by the revelant government agencies nannying your personal health and spending habits at home in real time. They can take me out back and shoot me for that trouble. Over my dead body.

The USA is a country in decline . I am glad I am at the tail end of my life cycle. Won't have to live long enough to see it's actual collapse.
As Ben Franklin said, "we have a Republic, if we can keep it?" The Republic is weak and crushed by reckless government bureaucrats, of both political parties.

Big business is enemy #1, yes we need businesses but they've gotten out of hand
Its not really true. You see they like everyone want more money, more money leeds to more greed. Its the same with most people in genreal they're never satisfied and always want more. "The love of money is the root of all evil"

Its not really true. You see they like everyone want more money, more money leeds to more greed. Its the same with most people in genreal they're never satisfied and always want more. "The love of money is the root of all evil"
Not to be a ball buster, but aren't talking about yourself after what you said on the ABF forum about longer runs? Quote: "Some folks actually enjoy driving a truck more than others. Personally I enjoy the paycheck."

Sks and pdh, mtv and stl are to close.
I hate to hear that, peckerwood. When I was employed by Overnite out on the extra board, I went to all those terminals. The freight is still gonna come in and out of that region. TForce is probably making arrangements to interline with another carrier… The only thing that will suffer is the next day, regional service they used to provide..

I know that they close Beaumont Texas a few years back and split the freight between Houston and Shreveport ,I believe.

The trucking world is changing. Maybe for the better for the companies and a few workers but at the expense of the other workers. Probably 10 - 15 yers from now it won't be recognizable. Every thing is changing so quickly it seems. Im a simpleton have been told im a dinosaur and i guess like them on my way to extinction.

The trucking world is changing. Maybe for the better for the companies and a few workers but at the expense of the other workers. Probably 10 - 15 yers from now it won't be recognizable. Every thing is changing so quickly it seems. Im a simpleton have been told im a dinosaur and i guess like them on my way to extinction.
Every generation thinks it is the most important or their issues are the most impactful. Then the undefeated champion(time) of the universe slaps them in their silly faces and moves on without them.
Don't worry too much about the world, it will go on without you just fine. Like we had never been here in the first place.

Thats just it. The world goes on around.

Thats actually a thought that I avoid. After I am gone, the world wont notice very much at all. Poof. So if I was to sink into a pout and consider that my entire life such as it is has no impact on the USA or the World at all... then its better never to have existed.

IF I wanted to pout. But I wont.

Not to be a ball buster, but aren't talking about yourself after what you said on the ABF forum about longer runs? Quote: "Some folks actually enjoy driving a truck more than others. Personally I enjoy the paycheck."
True I'm saving for retirement at the moment. What goes into my checking account is roughly what went into 10 years ago. Every pay raise I upy 401k my Roth is already maxed out.