Yellow | When will railroad refuse pups???

Rails

I been hearing NO trailers after December 31 at UP. Cans only
YRCL already loading cans out of California and Schneider doing the drop and pick. The proof is in the paper work

UP will probaby reconsider as the economy slows further.they will need the revenue just like everybody else.

Railroads suck off the government teat, or they would have all been out of business long ago.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Show me the last time a trucking company built it's own road and then paid property tax on it.

right

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Show me the last time a trucking company built it's own road and then paid property tax on it.
actually, by your statement, you really mean he couldn't have been more right. and that i would agree.

Railroads suck off the government teat, or they would have all been out of business long ago.

actually, by your statement, you really mean he couldn't have been more right. and that i would agree.

Wild deuce, let me try and understand you. What I said was that (in my opinion of course) silvertooth "couldn't be more wrong" if he tried. What that means is that he has reached the highest level of "wrongness" and that even if he tried to be more "wrong", he couldn't because he was already at maximum level of "wrong". Get it so far??

So how can you possibly interpret what I said to mean exactly the opposite??

Is it your thinking for instance that when you're dispatched from CVE to CGB you actually go to MBK and think you did the right thing because you know the dispatcher really meant for you to go to MBK even though he said CGB??

That's some interesting logic!!

triplex, back in the early 80"s the govt. taxed diesel fuel 5cents a gallon for 3 years. out of that 5 cents a year 2.5 cents of that went to the railroads. thats 7.5 cents per gallon over the 3 years that went to the rails. that tells me that the govt. owns the rails.

triplex, back in the early 80"s the govt. taxed diesel fuel 5cents a gallon for 3 years. out of that 5 cents a year 2.5 cents of that went to the railroads. thats 7.5 cents per gallon over the 3 years that went to the rails. that tells me that the govt. owns the rails.

time for a new calculator:biglaugh:

Trucking companies pay crazy taxes on equipment, around 12k per vehicle. In a way they help build the roads that we all use, I know my $30 annual car registration isn't going to do it alone. Railroads have received massive subsidies to maintain operations, fortunately for them, the federal government sees value in a operational rail system. I don't know how much, every railman I have spoken with tells me they haven't really been profitable in a very long time, and they are thankful for government bailouts that have helped preserve their jobs.

Railroads did not build their own roads, they have been subsidized by govenment from the beginning.

When will the rail road start refusing pups from YRC? Does anyone know how much has been moved to vans?

I think the answer is this:

As the YRC debt continues to increase and in turn owe more and MORE to the Railroads.............the pups will stop.

Rail

I don't know when But I do know we started using Swift 53 foot containers out of 830 Roadway We have been pulling one or two a week from the LA Rail yard and I was told it was going to pick up more in the future

I think the answer is this:

As the YRC debt continues to increase and in turn owe more and MORE to the Railroads.............the pups will stop.

? I was under the impression they were ceasing all pup loads over the rail, UPS, ABF and others to. My assumption was that the reasoning had to do with logistical inefficiency that results from loading the smaller trailers.

Is YRCW running a big tab with the rail? If they wanted to avoid dealing with YRC why wouldn't they just do that? Seems to me YRCW could run up just as large a tab with long boxes.

cost cuts

? I was under the impression they were ceasing all pup loads over the rail, UPS, ABF and others to. My assumption was that the reasoning had to do with logistical inefficiency that results from loading the smaller trailers.

Is YRCW running a big tab with the rail? If they wanted to avoid dealing with YRC why wouldn't they just do that? Seems to me YRCW could run up just as large a tab with long boxes.
i believe it has to do with how much they are paying the yrcl driver, not the equipment involved. which is really what yanks my chain that this was allowed to happen.

i believe it has to do with how much they are paying the yrcl driver, not the equipment involved. which is really what yanks my chain that this was allowed to happen.

I went to the Rail Yard today and ask the Rail manager Not I repeat Not a non union gate clerk and this is what he told me DOUBLE STACKERS !!!!
The Rail ,due to increase freight want's ONLY to get containers so they can Double stack EVERYTHING !! I was also told that as of June 1st we now pay the same rate for a 28ft trl as we do for a 53ft trl on the rail

u are right

I went to the Rail Yard today and ask the Rail manager Not I repeat Not a non union gate clerk and this is what he told me DOUBLE STACKERS !!!!
The Rail ,due to increase freight want's ONLY to get containers so they can Double stack EVERYTHING !! I was also told that as of June 1st we now pay the same rate for a 28ft trl as we do for a 53ft trl on the rail
yes sir. that's why we used (using) jb hunt's trailers and if you notice on the highways while u are driving the rail workers are very busy on the rails. they are even raising the bridges on the tracks to make them higher than the double stacks, but the fact remains yrcl gets paid less to do this. not that i agree.

I believe UPS built their own road in new stanton, PA. But then again I could be wrong. On the other hand. When is yellow's new stanton terminal going online?:hysterical: