FedEx Freight | When your Mandatory meeting comes to town

If you attend a mandatory meeting at FXF you get coffee and donuts listen to the propaganda and your on the clock. If you attend a union meeting you get coffee and donuts listen to the propaganda and look at the clock.

If you attend a mandatory meeting at FXF you get coffee and donuts listen to the propaganda and your on the clock. If you attend a union meeting you get coffee and donuts listen to the propaganda and look at the clock.

Coffee and doughnuts at a FedEx meeting? Not hardly Sir. The only one getting fed at those meetings is the paid union buster who has a contract to be there to disenfranchise the audience.

No Coffee and donuts at the FXF meeting. You poor mistreated thing. I guess you just have to take the money and run.

Oh yes, no all this too well.
If you haven't had one yet, there is a good chance you will, before too long. Here's my take.

The guy we had from LRI Labor Relations Institute/ (J.B.) was very good at what he does, admitting several positive aspects of representation. Much more good info than expected, conceding a lot of points when challenged. All to gain trust of the viewers.

The "trick" is, toward the very end, when he plays the strike card (Biggest fear for many, including the company), explaining worst case scenarios... Economic strikes, to be specific, detailing "replacement workers" etc., and the possibility of an underhanded ploy by the union to create a contract vote to include strike language, meaning yes = contract, no = strike. I didn't really catch the tactic at the time, since the possibility of a strike is so remote, it didn't concern me. But it did concern others, and that is the purpose of the whole thing. Mind games 101, And he played it well.

He seem straight up, honest, fair even. Almost too pro union, for this setting, giving more good info than I could possibly share in a brief parking lot chat. I did find that odd. But looking back, it makes perfect sense. Gain your trust before "striking" with the big stick. The only real fear stick they have. That "fear of strike" stick. Now I know why they don't want anyone to leave before it's over.

Just beware, when the meeting comes to a center near you, remember the facts that you already know.

1) There are not enough replacement drivers out there, qualified to replace you.

2) The Company doesn't want a strike any more than you do. THERE WILL NOT be one.

3) He'll use a unique event in history, with public sector unions (Air traffic controllers) to incite fear of the unlikely.

4) Don't be lured into a false trust, thinking he's there for you. HE'S THERE FOR ONE REASON.

Anyone else have a different take on the presentation? Similar take? Am I wrong?