Estes | where are all the other pro Estes drivers?

jimdowning

TB Lurker
Credits
It appears that since the Estes West layoffs alot of drivers that share my views are nowhere to be found. It is very quiet over all on here.
Well I guess I will face the jumpsuit army by myself :hide: :1036316054: VIVA LAS TRUCKING BOARDS

It appears that since the Estes West layoffs alot of drivers that share my views are nowhere to be found. It is very quiet over all on here.
Well I guess I will face the jumpsuit army by myself :hide: :1036316054: VIVA LAS TRUCKING BOARDS
Kinda wondering what's going on. Heard about the west going thru a bunch of crap but no-one giving us specifics, etc. Were there p&d in addition to line-haul? How many line haul and where?

Still back to my original thoughts, what's happening out there will probably happen to the rest of us if it's truly freight slowdown and not trying to get rid of all the ex-GI's.

That's important for us to know if we want a little comfort zone. If just getting rid of the buyout drivers we're safe. If truly a freight slowdown to warrant layoffs, then we have reason to be a little nervous. Then maybe yearly rebids would be sounding better to those life time bidders too.

i believe that most of us are just waiting to see what the bids will be. i want to know what is happening before i say much. that is all

Kinda wondering what's going on. Heard about the west going thru a bunch of crap but no-one giving us specifics, etc. Were there p&d in addition to line-haul? How many line haul and where?

I do not know which terminals had to let drivers go. 246 had to let go 2. I have heard that some P@D where let go, but I do not think this had to do with line haul layoffs.

I heard the layoffs had more to do with drivers complaining about not working enough. Drivers that lost there bids and did not want to go out and run systems would just pick local runs and would not get miles. I am sure that freight had something to do with it.

I hope we can put those laid off drivers back to work soon.

The ruling on the hrs of service may have a hand in the bid factor, on what the rest of the company will do. It may be a measuring stick to see how many will be laid off!!!

My understanding was this phase was not a layoff but a RIF (reduction in force). RIF is a non-recall termination classification. Doubt Estes wants any of them back. Will probably stand out in front of the truck stops recruiting over the road kids.

The ruling on the hrs of service may have a hand in the bid factor, on what the rest of the company will do. It may be a measuring stick to see how many will be laid off!!!
Two problems with this:

First - is the new/revert back hours situation doesn't take effect until after their re-bids. Estes can't look far enough ahead, i.e. 2 hours to figure out dispatch, much less look far enough ahead to figure out how the new/revert hours will affect our runs.

Second - We will need more drivers. Not a major amount, but will need at least a few more. Long runs/turns/meets etc will have to be shortened or eliminated and reconfigured to meet the shortened hours. Out west, midwest will be affected most. Longer distances between terminals than majority of east.

response

:hide:
My understanding was this phase was not a layoff but a RIF (reduction in force). RIF is a non-recall termination classification. Doubt Estes wants any of them back. Will probably stand out in front of the truck stops recruiting over the road kids.
I hope thats just a "lawyers loop-hole" phrase. (RIF) Sounds like an attorney's chickensnot way of telling their hard working employees they made a mistake by hiring them to get out of compensation.

:hide: I hope thats just a "lawyers loop-hole" phrase. (RIF) Sounds like an attorney's chickensnot way of telling their hard working employees they made a mistake by hiring them to get out of compensation.

They didn't make a mistake hiring us out west. They made a mistake kidnapping us without our consent.:soapbox:

Kidnapped is to kind they ***** us. We never had the chance to call for help

I do not know which terminals had to let drivers go. 246 had to let go 2. I have heard that some P@D where let go, but I do not think this had to do with line haul layoffs.

I heard the layoffs had more to do with drivers complaining about not working enough. Drivers that lost there bids and did not want to go out and run systems would just pick local runs and would not get miles. I am sure that freight had something to do with it.

257 lost 1 but he had 3 qualified driver that wanted to come to work here. and trust me they wont be comming here if we hire agian :(