Yellow | Where are you finding the biggest wages in the nonunion sector?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Now that Yellow is gone, where are you working that pays more? Maybe it doesn't pay more, but you found something comparable? What is the biggest money out there in the nonunion sector? I'm from California. Used to live in Fresno. I now reside in OKC. I noticed we have a small Dugan Trucking presence here. Not sure what they pay though. In California, there are more union companies, but not sure what else is out there. My guess for the highest nonunion pay in California is probably hauling gasoline.

Now that Yellow is gone, where are you working that pays more? Maybe it doesn't pay more, but you found something comparable? What is the biggest money out there in the nonunion sector? I'm from California. Used to live in Fresno. I now reside in OKC. I noticed we have a small Dugan Trucking presence here. Not sure what they pay though. In California, there are more union companies, but not sure what else is out there. My guess for the highest nonunion pay in California is probably hauling gasoline.
Try a private carrier you might be surprised what you might find. Your an employee most of them go home everyday and they pay between terrible and good. I did not say great but I dont know. All you can do is ask what is my total compensation package. Because of their size they typically have cheaper health insurance rates. Paper companies like International Paper Pratt Logistics come to mind. I am by no means am trying to tell anyone its perfect and great just a thought drivers.

Try a private carrier you might be surprised what you might find. Your an employee most of them go home everyday and they pay between terrible and good. I did not say great but I dont know. All you can do is ask what is my total compensation package. Because of their size they typically have cheaper health insurance rates. Paper companies like International Paper Pratt Logistics come to mind. I am by no means am trying to tell anyone its perfect and great just a thought drivers.
I used to work for #6 Halliburton. They don't pay that great, but you get a lot of hours. Its a different kind of job working in the oilfield. Benefits were reasonable (under $250 a month for family) and a modest 401k match.

Corrections $30hr starting you have to do what you have to do to support your family.