ODFL | Where did all the freight go?

America aint buying much stuff. Therefore its time to park the trucks and eat chili once a week until the phone rings again.

My own economic participation has been reduced to just food, a dallop of gasoline, and replacement of house supplies. Thats it. Accumulate cash only. No buying sofas, trinkets, baubles, music etc. nothing.

Dont worry. When I decide its time to buy some ::shit:: later this year you will be loaded to paraphrase.

America aint buying much stuff. Therefore its time to park the trucks and eat chili once a week until the phone rings again.

My own economic participation has been reduced to just food, a dallop of gasoline, and replacement of house supplies. Thats it. Accumulate cash only. No buying sofas, trinkets, baubles, music etc. nothing.

Dont worry. When I decide its time to buy some ::::shit:::: later this year you will be loaded to paraphrase.
You got that wrong Bird, if I didn't buy everything you mentioned, I'd run out of space to bury my Mason jars full of money.
I'd be rich as Chairman Razorblade and have too much cash on hand.

About 3 weeks ago (at least for me) freight fell off the cliff. Getting canceled at least twice a week. Unfortunately I have a late run past 10 PM so it's not perfect but it ran fine for months. Anyone else struggling with their schedules?
I believe all the l.t.l"s are experiencing a slow down. I know Estes is as well. However if you watch the news they say every thing is great. What a day to live in. You can't trust the news, you can't trust the doctors anymore, and you for sure can't trust the govt.

About 3 weeks ago (at least for me) freight fell off the cliff. Getting canceled at least twice a week. Unfortunately I have a late run past 10 PM so it's not perfect but it ran fine for months. Anyone else struggling with their schedules?
Just wondering how does it work for you guys. If your run gets canceled 1 night, can’t you pick up extra work from the extraboard or use your seniority to bump an extraboard driver?

Just wondering how does it work for you guys. If your run gets canceled 1 night, can’t you pick up extra work from the extraboard or use your seniority to bump an extraboard driver?
If your run gets canceled you go to the bottom of the wild board / extraboard. Your seniority doesn't matter in that case

If your run gets canceled you go to the bottom of the wild board / extraboard. Your seniority doesn't matter in that case
As sucky as it sounds not going to lie.. I wish it was like this at FedEx. At FedEx if your run gets canceled you go to extrabaord but bump whoever you can

the extraboard already don’t have a run and guys end up getting canceled now they really don’t have a run, lol.

When I first started on wild turn(march 2022) I ran my ass off until that Dec. Then things started slowing down. Between Jan-Sept 2023 I was off 1-2 times a week. During jan/feb I was lucky if I worked 2-3 times a week. This year(winter) I actually got a schedule run and have ran every night. However, there was 1 week(which I never saw, and hope that doesn't happen to me!) where the wild turn guys didn't do anything at all! I work out of a smaller terminal. Still, this is an election year, so things will be slower. But, it also depends on who wins Nov. I know if old crooked Joe wins, expect things to be like this for another 4 years, if not more! Not looking good at all with the way things look!

As sucky as it sounds not going to lie.. I wish it was like this at FedEx. At FedEx if your run gets canceled you go to extrabaord but bump whoever you can

the extraboard already don’t have a run and guys end up getting canceled now they really don’t have a run, lol.
Why should they go to the bottom???? They been there longer and put their time in???? That’s CRAZY