Yellow | Where did all the freight go?!

mashnost

TB Lurker
Credits
I don't know about other terminals but here in Nashville, the bottom has dropped out of freight...some call blocks have gone with no calls. So much for VELOCITY!!! :Bondage:

Here in Indy, our daily pick-ups have now dropped from the normal 700 plus bills per day rate to under 500 per day; ....

BUT-- Indy Roadway drivers are bragging theirs has climbed to daily pickups of 1200-1400!!!!!!!!

(I know the Non Union Docks are full as well; maybe it's time to get some new Salesmen at Yellow!)

Maybe the customer is getting smart for once. Word on the street is that Yellow is a CRAP carrier anymore. Just what I have heard on the street as other carriers are busy Yellow is slowing down!

It seems to me pricing has become dominate again to customers. Freight at some of my regulars is going to the cheapest carrier. Had one guy give his freight to FedEx National because their rate was $1.30 cheaper. So much for service.

not me

Maybe the customer is getting smart for once. Word on the street is that Yellow is a CRAP carrier anymore. Just what I have heard on the street as other carriers are busy Yellow is slowing down!
At CVE, 7 years, with Yellow now, I'm getting my arse kicked by my dispatches. This may be the difference between bids and no bids. (course ask my seniors they will tell you we have bids because they don't know the difference between preference/bid). But I'm glad they don't know the difference if I am getting all this work.:1036316054::funky:

It seems to me pricing has become dominate again to customers. Freight at some of my regulars is going to the cheapest carrier. Had one guy give his freight to FedEx National because their rate was $1.30 cheaper. So much for service.

I would understand that if it was happening to all Union Carriers and not just Yellow. For instance, Yellow pays about $1900 per man per month for our benefits that the Nons don't, so the Nons start out the month $400,000 ahead per month in a typical 200 man board terminal. But that's not what's happening here. Roadway is still growing by leaps and bounds, while our salesmen say "we aren't allowed to compete with Roadway"......Why not, since they obviously compete with us??????

Yellow Freight - Account Executives

They all need to be replaced, and they will once we all become as one. But right now Yellow Freight sales can not outpoint the competition. The last post stated the a traffic manager gave FedEx business over Yellow for $1.30 in savings. Thats the salesmen inability to sell. I am sorry but something has to change with these guys.

They all need to be replaced, and they will once we all become as one. But right now Yellow Freight sales can not outpoint the competition. The last post stated the a traffic manager gave FedEx business over Yellow for $1.30 in savings. Thats the salesmen inability to sell. I am sorry but something has to change with these guys.
If I was that salesman, I would have taken the $1.30 out of my pocket and handed it to the shipper.