Yellow | Where Did The Money Go?

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I wanted to start this thread of where did the money go with this one;

402 sends a driver to a terminal in AL (125 miles) and puts him to bed and pays him an 8 hour after the TM complained about CDO putting him to bed there, as he did not even have freight for his own bid drivers.....then after his rest is up (PLUS 2 hours layover pay)...they give him empties to run to Memphis,TN (aprox.260 miles) and put him back to bed and paid another 8 hour mini!

He gets paid 18 hours to do a run that takes only 7 hours of driving...

Where the hell is the money going?....chezzzz!....KK

402 sends a driver to a terminal in AL (125 miles) and puts him to bed and pays him an 8 hour after the TM complained about CDO putting him to bed there, as he did not even have freight for his own bid drivers.....then after his rest is up (PLUS 2 hours layover pay)...they give him empties to run to Memphis,TN (aprox.260 miles) and put him back to bed and paid another 8 hour mini!

Why is the union not bringing this info out and telling the board of directors about it? CDO has never worked and as far as I can tell it never will. I am sure you are just as frustrated about this as me.

Man o man more traggic ::shit:: mistake's....It's very clear that
some management are trying to add more nail's to the Coffin.

I remember listening to two road drivers from big r talking on cb on interstate..one was goin to the same term with an empty set that the other driver left with an empty set. And that was yrs ago. Road drivers get itchy hangin around. Don't sweat the small $hit :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I remember listening to two road drivers from big r talking on cb on interstate..one was goin to the same term with an empty set that the other driver left with an empty set. And that was yrs ago. Road drivers get itchy hangin around. Don't sweat the small $hit :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yea, well I hooked a mt set at Columbus OH going to Carlisle PA. Guess what? Got the same set the next night right back in good ole COL. That was at CF. You see where they are now. This is not small $hit as you put it, when it happens all across the country every day!!!!!

Yea, well I hooked a mt set at Columbus OH going to Carlisle PA. Guess what? Got the same set the next night right back in good ole COL. That was at CF. You see where they are now.
This is not small $hit as you put it, when it happens all across the country every day!!!!!

vampire_flying.gif

$hit like that will happen when they are in the no freight mode

where's the money

dont care if i pull mts or loads it all pays the same, ride the horse till its dead. p.s. been on 3 horses that yellow killed.

How about OKC/531 let noon Dal bid driver sit 4 hrs because loads in door too light waited till 1600 shift came on so they would get the blame on reports for light trailers.
Just a matter of time :TR10driving03:

Why does this surprise you?? Yellow has always done stupid sh%# like this, that's why we are in the shape were in now.

5 unassigned dock workers at cnc ,bid started last sun.00. 2 are getting 6 1/2 hours run around already . there's 13 hours pay just pissed away because they cant even manage 5 guys right.

stupic is as stupid does...thats management for ya..they have no clue on what they are doing, but make all the decisions...there's got to be a better way for all of us hard working drivers out there...just gotta find it

2 wise 2 listen

Recent changes with upper management getting close to the end of the year for bonuses for them. No matter how many changes they make with management we get the same results. To them we're too incoherent to give and make decisions for them in the best interest for everyones sake.

Just a damn shame.... you would think they would listen to us by now:shades:

KK this one is even better, Last week I ran my bid run to 705 out of 402. 705 sent me to Columbus, Ga with a bobtail and a dolly. When I called 402 for instructions from Col, Ga they told me there was no freight there and to bobtail home to 402. Now this could be a human error that anyone can make but to find out that the bid driver that started two hours after me was sent on the same run was a waist of $$$$$. If 402 and 705 keep spending money like this they should be asking for another 5% by Christmas

Bad Times

Most of these oversites are due to a lack of freight throughout the system. If you have freight to send to point A and no freight at point A to send to anywhere else what is the solution? (MTY MILES). I had to move on from YRC to put food on my family's table, but I wish ya'll the best and hope you make it. The realality of what I've seen so far between working at Roadway and Conway is there is no way you can compete with the advantages that the nons have......(using truck load carriers to haul your freight). It would prbably be astounding the cost difference that is realized by doing this.

Most of these oversites are due to a lack of freight throughout the system. If you have freight to send to point A and no freight at point A to send to anywhere else what is the solution? (MTY MILES). I had to move on from YRC to put food on my family's table, but I wish ya'll the best and hope you make it. The realality of what I've seen so far between working at Roadway and Conway is there is no way you can compete with the advantages that the nons have......(using truck load carriers to haul your freight). It would prbably be astounding the cost difference that is realized by doing this.

We do use truckload called Glenn Mooreshit to haul our LTL out of Dallas & Kansas Cityshit

the economy is in bad shape through govt intervention, things were good in the 90's when government plugged good things into the system (endless amounts of "credit" to people that in past did not qualify for it), so spending money like a drunken sailor became a hobby to most at that time, now for every good run there is a bad run to be followed, and like the guy mentioned earlier the "no freight mode" does occur, this is a job based on economic performance by all business that goes on in usa, so if the business starts closing their doors it trickles down the amount of freight moved across the country, this trickle it hard on freight companies to survive because laying off workers is a stressful thing to do, the government looked at the short term effects of pumping all this money in the economy meanwhile didn't clearly prepare this country (or this world) of the shortcoming that will come about in the future, the problem is nobody is paying back all this debt and that means our dollar is weaker from defaults because most 90's investments tanked and most people that put very little down payment on their loans seem to be in default nowadays because of this trickle down effect, government has to bail people out now because they put people and business in this situation to begin with to tempt people to access large amounts of credit without the proper discipline on how to be responsible on paying back the money is a moral hazard because responsible people have to pay the bill from their house losing value and less opportunities of finding a job and i'm sure there are clearly more factors that come about as well, the media nowadays don't want to tell you what you should hear anymore, they want to maximize ratings and use you as a tool to drive their ratings, they are not on your side...they are in survival mode and will turn on your beliefs to make sure they get commercial sponsors to protect their product

I'm not buying the it's the government fault line, the government did not force anyone to borrow more then they could pay back banks and finance companies did make it too easy borrow partially in response to the old "redlining" practice law suits but the bottom line is if you don't pay it back you lose it.

KK this one is even better, Last week I ran my bid run to 705 out of 402. 705 sent me to Columbus, Ga with a bobtail and a dolly. When I called 402 for instructions from Col, Ga they told me there was no freight there and to bobtail home to 402. Now this could be a human error that anyone can make but to find out that the bid driver that started two hours after me was sent on the same run was a waist of $$$$$. If 402 and 705 keep spending money like this they should be asking for another 5% by Christmas
It sure is comforting to hear these stories about Management stupidity. We see the same thing in the city operations. It looks like our concessions are being well spent!:chairshot:

It sure is comforting to hear these stories about Management stupidity. We see the same thing in the city operations. It looks like our concessions are being well spent!:chairshot:
Cut them some slack Flash. Its mot their fault. Its because we got no freight.. :shrug:

Don't ask me to explain, I can't, but I'm sure the Peaches and Cream Gang can.