Yellow | Where is the freight ? YRCL ?

Cab Lizzard

TB Veteran
Credits
I have noticed a huge drop in freight the last few weeks. Is it slow yes but we have uncovered a few new tricks our friends at YRCL have been up too. You may want to keep an eye out for yourself.
It looks as if they have been using other carriers to pick up and consolidate the freight and railing it in on Schneider for delivery. We got the paperwork as proof .
It looks like YRCW only shares the freight between its carriers on the surface. Its Greedy head feeds others under the table while talking out the other side of its mouth.
Oh buy the way the sales people don't get any credit for the moves either. They even screw their own Non-Union people too.

I was at SGE(Springdale,Arkansas) last week and was told by a driver that every dock he goes to, there is a YRC Logistics truck making pick-ups . When I asked him if he was sure they weren't there doing logistic service for one of their costomers, he assured me that it was ltl freight that Yellow used to handle. SGE used to fill 6 trailers nightly for STL/IND now about 3 trailers a night.

I was at SGE(Springdale,Arkansas) last week and was told by a driver that every dock he goes to, there is a YRC Logistics truck making pick-ups . When I asked him if he was sure they weren't there doing logistic service for one of their costomers, he assured me that it was ltl freight that Yellow used to handle. SGE used to fill 6 trailers nightly for STL/IND now about 3 trailers a night.

Why would they do that? It does not add up. At FedEx we are bustin at th seems and conway and ups freight are hitting records. There is no value to divert freight when you need tonnage to pay the bills and be productive.

Why would they do that? It does not add up. At FedEx we are bustin at th seems and conway and ups freight are hitting records. There is no value to divert freight when you need tonnage to pay the bills and be productive.
I can only assume that the reason for diverting freight to YRCL would be to save money. A driver at YRCL probably only makes half of what a Yellow driver makes when you factor in the HWP. I can only hope that the SGE driver is mistakingly assuming it's not logistic freight. I do know that I see alot more YRC Logistics trucks than I used to see on the main roads I travel.

I can only assume that the reason for diverting freight to YRCL would be to save money. A driver at YRCL probably only makes half of what a Yellow driver makes when you factor in the HWP. I can only hope that the SGE driver is mistakingly assuming it's not logistic freight. I do know that I see alot more YRC Logistics trucks than I used to see on the main roads I travel.
i'm a yellow driver out of cve. i've seen YRCL since 2002. first they were meridian iq (logo still on some trucks/trailers) now they're yrcl. they just used red stars euipment. no one really paid attention like they are now. ask CF about that.

i'm a yellow driver out of cve. i've seen YRCL since 2002. first they were meridian iq (logo still on some trucks/trailers) now they're yrcl. they just used red stars euipment. no one really paid attention like they are now. ask CF about that.
correction. ask former cf drivers (not cf. cf isnt there)

Yrcl

3PL's are not obligated to use their own companies as carriers for their customers. A 3PL's duty is to act as a company's logistics department and make decisions as such. I worked at Fedex Services and dealt with Fedex Logistics using UPS for some of their customers. I didn't think it made any sense but I was told that if they didn't get the best services for the company they are contracting for they will be replaced with another 3PL.

3 Party Logistics

3PL's are not obligated to use their own companies as carriers for their customers. A 3PL's duty is to act as a company's logistics department and make decisions as such. I worked at Fedex Services and dealt with Fedex Logistics using UPS for some of their customers. I didn't think it made any sense but I was told that if they didn't get the best services for the company they are contracting for they will be replaced with another 3PL.
You are correct about getting the best bang for the buck. However when the company is talking out of both sides of their mouth each with a different story then I have a problem.
When a local manager was asked about our find here his reply was. ( YRC is so diverse now they don't need you anymore) I can see the writing on the wall. Can U ?

You are correct about getting the best bang for the buck. However when the company is talking out of both sides of their mouth each with a different story then I have a problem.
When a local manager was asked about our find here his reply was. ( YRC is so diverse now they don't need you anymore) I can see the writing on the wall. Can U ?
You should have laughed at him and told him they don't need him either then. Also, why did you even mention this to a boss? It gave him the opportunity to give you a smartass answer, which he did.

Let's not forget 09-02-2002, LABOR DAY!! a day that will live in infamy in the trucking industry.:nutkick: Can't remember? THINK CF.

In the office ?

I was not the one in the office doing the talking. I just relay what went on.
On the other hand the rest of the talk was about how much trouble it is to get these younger people to show up 40 hours a week. The reply back You hired them.

Let's not forget 09-02-2002, LABOR DAY!! a day that will live in infamy in the trucking industry.:nutkick: Can't remember? THINK CF.
Everyone remembers CF and what happened to them. Yellow won't be able to replace 3 major LTL's with YRCL and USF Glenmore anytime soon, so I woudn't be too worried about that scenario.

This is the trucking industry, anything can happen, so I would'nt say that I am worried, I would say that I am watchful.

Any way I will ride this horse till it drops,
likeI have done in the past.