Yellow | where is the teamster brotherhood? more layoffs in atlanta

greed

Why don't you cry babies just quit then. I'm soooo tired of all the tears. You call the senior drivers "ME " people because all your thinking about is yourself.

"Cry babies?" Brother I am in the top 10% of seniority at my terminal and I feel for everyone of my brothers and sisters that are sitting home.

The comments and concerns don't bother me in the least because I have been there. I haven't forgotten what it is like being on the bubble.

I spend each and every day I work doing my job and protecting the language in our contract. The ME-sters want to do my job, your job, screw the contact, and their fellow teamsters.

There is a big confusion on the Seniority issue here. It isn't Seniority that is in question. We are talking about greed and ethics.

I guess the 40 hour work week isn't that important to some? Why don't we have it removed from the contract next go around? You think you are hearing some cying now?

If you let these companies take an inch they will take a mile. They (The companies) are doing what they do best. Divide and conquer while we fight over the scraps they leave.

DS., You are exactly right.......

you are exactly right, zippers. Since around 2001 i've watched so called "brothers" cut each others throats on the dock at 671. Now with the downturn of freight levels and more layoffs you would think some of those would open their eyes.

The power of greed and money has taken over like i've never seen. Maybe they are scared, over their heads in bills or like jumbo said have special family needs.

Jumbo, longblade, gman, slickrick and a few others on here can testify to how the ot cuts jobs which in essence cuts seniority. There is no way you can convince me that forcing ot and voluntary 6 & 7 punches every week for the past 5 years has saved money for yrc, there is no way!! What it has done is shown the company how much freight can be worked with the smallest amount of workforce.

So congratulations to the greedy ones that just think about themselves. I had a brother complaining to me about working nights. Due to the layoffs he couldn't get daytime with weekends off. So he went to nights.............so he could work 7 days a week. He is his own worse enemy. By the way he could get a daytime bid but the company doesn't offer ot on the days off he would have!!

People have heard me say this before......"you cut enough throats soon you will be the only one standing".

Ds.

:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

we see it week after week, the same guys working 6 and 7 punches, grabbing every dime they can, while 80+ men sit home laid off waiting for the company to throw them a crumb....I understand some guys have special circumstances, however, there will never be a need to bring anyone back from lay off as long as the hours are covered by the greedy.....remember fellas- as you work 7 days a week, life is passing you by, and in the end, you CAN'T take it with you......g

But, but, but, what about my huge mortgage, motorcycle, truck, boat, credit card, BS payment. It's been in the process for a long time and we are now just seeing the beginning of survival of the fittest. When it comes right down to it, there is NO BROTHERHOOD!

To the "Teamsters" working at the cost of junior members:

That junior man/woman staying at home, is the same member that WAS going to pay your pension. But because you had to work that extra trip (short-logging to make sure you could pull it) or working all the OT you could, the junior man had to quit to support his family.

Again, who is going to pay YOUR pension when you retire?

To the "Teamsters" working at the cost of junior members:

That junior man/woman staying at home, is the same member that WAS going to pay your pension. But because you had to work that extra trip (short-logging to make sure you could pull it) or working all the OT you could, the junior man had to quit to support his family.

Again, who is going to pay YOUR pension when you retire?
Now, you gotta realize a lot (not all, but many) of these guys will probably die in the truck, or soon after they get out for the last time...:TR10driving03:
They are more worried about having to spend time at home than p***ing you off... Been working so many hours for so long, they're afraid to go home...:biglaugh:

Now, you gotta realize a lot (not all, but many) of these guys will probably die in the truck, or soon after they get out for the last time...:TR10driving03:
They are more worried about having to spend time at home than p***ing you off... Been working so many hours for so long, they're afraid to go home...:biglaugh:

:clap::hysterical:

oh my god ! that was...........AWESOME

Unfortunately the words "Unity" & "Brotherhood" should be ousted in any talks about Unions, these words should be eliminated from the Webster dictionary all together!! The only time these words are used are when the top 25% are effected & then they holler & scream these words. Unity & Brotherhood are the sole reasons we have "Seniority" & this has been forgotten by all to many. Seniority "USED" to be earned & was a priviledge to certain perks, now it is "ABUSED" by so many & is a reason to punish the lower seniority for not starting at the top. We now live in a "ME FIRST SOCIETY" its all about ME ME ME & when "I'm done" it can be all about you, BUT it must be me first! Its a part of life now & we all have to deal with it. This is a cancer that has been preached for decades & now it'll be the reason for our demise, Teamsters, UAW. etc... I am NOT an ANTI-UNION person, I have almost 20 years in the Unions, BUT I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO ABUSE MY SENIORITY!!! Without junior men & women, seniority means squat! I need junior people below me to make my job secure, so if it means dropping a trip or letting a junior man take a better run, so be it. If it means taking a letter or waiting an extra week or month to buy something i don't need, SO WHAT! We need to quit living above our means & thinking that we have to be better off than the next person to show our manhood & the rest will fall into place & who knows, maybe we can live to enjoy our pension longer than the 18 months that an average retired drivers lives now. I live by a saying my Grandparents taught me " You are better than nobody & nobody is better than you". If this post offends you, than maybe you are part of the problem & not part of the solution.

Seniority should be used to "teach unity & brotherhood" not to "belittle & berate" junior persons.

wow,when i read this, i thought,does this guy belong to our union and work at abf here in dayton,ohio,because that post could be used to describe the b.s. that goes on here ! god bless you brother for that post. so well said !

hard cold facts of life

what do you do when all the hungry guys are below you?

what do you do when the only days you can book off have to be paid days?

how hard do road drivers fight to get more earned time?

how many road drivers are on 6 day turn bids?

how many road drivers are on 3 and 3 layover bids instead of 3 and 2?

how many extra board drivers never take earned time off?

gimme a break.

just do your job and don't worry about other people's lifestyles.

now before you start smashing me.

i have not worked more than 5 days a week on average since i left MBK in 2000 and currently i have the luxury of a 5 day gig (at MBK we had to do 6 days to get earned time).

how about you?

on the other hand, in order to make my pension contributions i have to work 2000 hours a year.

do the math, 52x40= 2080.