TForce | Where were you own 9/11

WillieCoyote

TB Lurker
Credits
I was working for USF at the time an had just came back from Mobile Al. when my wife called me three times in a row real fast so I finally took the call, she said "a plane has just hit a building in New York". While she said this on live TV she she watched the second plane hit, I told her sitting in the drivers room in Valdosta, Ga it was not an accident we are being attacked. I got little sleep that day whatching all the news coverage and what I remember was that not many people said to much right after almost like we cound not find the words. I am 38 the son of a Marine that served in Vietnam cound not understand sometimes why it was so hard to talk about the past, after deciding to put this down maybe I have just a little idea.

Just got out of the shower and getting ready for work.
I was watching the first plane smoldering in the tower when all of a sudden the 2nd plane hit.
I immediately thought terrorist ******* mission. I was pissed and felt violated.

Portland, OR. BNSF railyard, working for a different trucking co. Pulling away from the kiosk checking out I happenend to turn the news on the radio to listen for traffic and got the news of the first plane and then was listening to the radio as the 2nd one hit.

I was making deliveries at O'Hare airport in Chicago. They kicked all of the drivers out of the docks and were asked to leave until further notice. I remember that day so well.. It was so quiet because of the air traffic was grounded.... Until the B-52s took off!!!

I was on vacation that day. I'll never forget parts of that day.But many parts I cann't even remember.As the shock and being scared and stuff.
I was stuck out and couldn't fly home for 2 extra days because I couldn't get a flight back.

I was working for a liquor distributor at the time,..

I was backing into the loading dock at a customer when I heard Tom Bernard of the KQ92 morning show announce the first plane had hit, At the time they thought it was a small plane,....

I got inside and everyone was upfront watching the tv on the wall and saw they second plane hit,.....

8th grade history class. Teachers got called down to office and then came back and said there was an accident at the world trade center I watched the second plane fly into the second tower.

I was on vacation. Got a call to turn on TV a plane had flown into the WTC. About a minute after turning it on the second plane hit. I recall having a hard time making phone calls.

I was sitting at home watching the Weather Channel when they said an airplane had hit a building in NYC. I turned the channel to CNN and watched in disbelief.

On the road, was listening to a talk station and they said a plane had hit the WTC. Found a rest area and woke my husband up in the sleeper. Watched the 2nd plane hit on tv. Drove to the TA in Sweetwater Tx. Inside it was business as normal. The tv in the restaurant was not even showing it. Call my parents and told them to turn on their tv and started crying.

I was on my way back to seattle from fontana ca. I stop at macdonald on the south side of the grapevine saw it on the tv at macdonald!!

I was on board the destroyer USS Kinkaid, two days West of Pearl Harbor, heading for San Diego (home port) after a 7 mo. Western Pacific Deployment.

We got passed the news at morning quarters.

..was leaving no.1 heading back to GBO...was listening to John-Boy and Billy as they were about to sign off..Billy came on with the news...got home in time to watch the towers collapse...

I was making deliveries at O'Hare airport in Chicago. They kicked all of the drivers out of the docks and were asked to leave until further notice. I remember that day so well.. It was so quiet because of the air traffic was grounded.... Until the B-52s took off!!!
What B-52's?

Sitting in the truck at a dock waiting to be unloaded, an owner operator next to me, came out and walked to back of trailer and was telling the shipper what he just heard. It was a day of disbelief

Seems to me lots of people have forgotten about 9/11.Remember how everyone drove around with Flags on their vehicles?

Seems to me lots of people have forgotten about 9/11.Remember how everyone drove around with Flags on their vehicles?

People seem to forget lots of things,...

There is a large Muslim population here,.....The evening of 9/11 I saw carloads of them driving around waving Somali flags and cheering,....They also burned American Flags during their lunch hour at the factory that employes them,......

People seem to forget lots of things,...

There is a large Muslim population here,.....The evening of 9/11 I saw carloads of them driving around waving Somali flags and cheering,....They also burned American Flags during their lunch hour at the factory that employes them,......

I am 100% American. I believe in this country and its freedom.
But I would be willing to give up just a little to make it
against the law to burn our flag.

You're a grand old flag,
You're a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You're the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there's never a boast or brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,