Yellow | Where will you go?

I just hope all the truckers find a place for them where they don’t have to worry about these type of things anymore. I’ve been fortunate to find a potential job already, so fingers crossed for everyone else!
I would think there are a lot of smaller EOLs where there are no close by options for good jobs. I feel for those people in particular.

At what point will you concede that it's over?

Standing outside the gate, entirely new business has moved in, and been there for 2yrs....

"It's not over, guuz!!"
"who's that guy with the Roadway hat standing at the gate all day talking to himself?"
"Oh that's just Gus, he's been out there M-F since we bought the place. He just stands there and mutters 'I can't take that one, limited access'...he's harmless"

If its truly over, and you go to a non union l.t.l whatever you do dont bring up the word union or we didnt do that at Yellow type stuff. The non union l.t.l"s dont play that and it get you walked to the door especially in right to work states.

Don't know yet but at first I said I was going to take a month or 2 off, but now I have an interview Monday and one Wednesday at noon, both more pay but less benefits, so at this point I don't know where I'm going
Didn't think about nor wanted to go anywhere, I wanted to stay at Yellow where I just knew I would retire, I'm going to work, where I don't know, but work is where I'm going. My job and immediate supervisors i NEVER had a problem with
It's the people way over all our heads that determined our retirement destinations with little to no regard for us in the situation, so not so much for Upper Management But
My Heart Will Always Be At Yellow Wherever I Go

If its truly over, and you go to a non union l.t.l whatever you do dont bring up the word union or we didnt do that at Yellow type stuff. The non union l.t.l"s dont play that and it get you walked to the door especially in right to work states.
Non-union jobs may be a rude awakening for some former union employees. Wonder if some of the "pay the rate or lock the gate" types may end up having second thoughts about that. Time will tell I guess.

Non-union jobs may be a rude awakening for some former union employees. Wonder if some of the "pay the rate or lock the gate" types may end up having second thoughts about that. Time will tell I guess.
I heard Estes done said they will not tolerate any union talk or drama. I am sure the other non union l.t.l"s have the same outlook. They may hire you but just be mindful of its a little different at these places. You may be hired on as a combo driver meaning you will do whatever they tell you which could be linehauls,p@d. hub run where you drive to another terminal work the dock then come back, or work the dock only. Where ever you go as far as l.t.l non union if hired on you start at bottom of seniority like everyone else. Estes is not a bad place to work. Do your job and all is well.

I heard Estes done said they will not tolerate any union talk or drama. I am sure the other non union l.t.l"s have the same outlook. They may hire you but just be mindful of its a little different at these places. You may be hired on as a combo driver meaning you will do whatever they tell you which could be linehauls,p@d. hub run where you drive to another terminal work the dock then come back, or work the dock only. Where ever you go as far as l.t.l non union if hired on you start at bottom of seniority like everyone else. Estes is not a bad place to work. Do your job and all is well.
I think some here will be surprised to find out that non-union LTL’s aren’t really that bad. Instead of a mentality of animosity, and us vs. them with management, it’s more of a working together as a team environment, and seniority is generally respected, and as long as it’s a big corporation you’re working for, usually a quick call to H.R. fixes any issues that may come up. I say this as a former YRC employee who works for a non-union company now, and I know a lot of people at all the different LTL’s around here.

I think some here will be surprised to find out that non-union LTL’s aren’t really that bad. Instead of a mentality of animosity, and us vs. them with management, it’s more of a working together as a team environment, and seniority is generally respected, and as long as it’s a big corporation you’re working for, usually a quick call to H.R. fixes any issues that may come up. I say this as a former YRC employee who works for a non-union company now, and I know a lot of people at all the different LTL’s around here.
True. Its not us against them. We all in this together no matter who we drive for. We all make the same sacrifices and put up with the same trucking hassles. Its just a different name on the door. We are brothers and sisters of the highway and children of the wind. Id shake hands with any truck driver.

Guys with 13-15 years Plus will work at YELLOW, guys with less then those years will need to find other work until they are called back. It ain’t over .
Any reasonable person understands this is over.
Go look for work elsewhere before the jobs are gone.
I thought I read if something were to happen the teamsters union was going to assist the Yellow employees finding work?