Yellow | Where will you go?

I really like that idea. I thought about that idea myself, but I was never able to figure out how to get into the Operators Union. I believe they are a apprenticeship union. Similar unions exist throughout the country and it would be amazing to become an apprentice for one of them. The elevator union is one of the most lucrative, but I was trying to get into the boilermakers union at one time. Boilermakers have a great program in California.
You are right about the elevator deal.
I have a friend and his dad have a racket big time.

I am not worried about next week right now,. At the APBA Nationals having a few, and not concerned about anything but cold beer.

IMG_9289.md.jpeg IMG_9290.md.jpeg
Cancelled in SD on Mission Bay due to lack of sponsors and rising costs. Watch ‘‘em from the back yard.

Talked to yard guy this weekend at Brooklyn. He said they will be hiring 13 drivers soon. Hopefully our brothers ans sisters apply
Thanks for your sentiment to the guys.
But how many are in Maspeth?
And how long to get vested in the pension which is not our pension fund?

If its truly over, and you go to a non union l.t.l whatever you do dont bring up the word union or we didnt do that at Yellow type stuff. The non union l.t.l"s dont play that and it get you walked to the door especially in right to work states.
Not entirely true..I came from yellow and have been at FedEx for almost 15 years...
I've spoke of the Union.. Not organizing, but the way we did things and its never been a problem.
If fact I still do some of the things like I did in my union days...
I've hooked sets with the dolly on the lead and no one has ever questioned it..
I take every break in the city...just like I did for yellow...and even starting onto overtime..
I don't wear a seatbelt on the forklift on the dock...
I seldom wear a uniform during P&D ...just a regular shirt and shorts...

Don't know yet but at first I said I was going to take a month or 2 off, but now I have an interview Monday and one Wednesday at noon, both more pay but less benefits, so at this point I don't know where I'm going
Didn't think about nor wanted to go anywhere, I wanted to stay at Yellow where I just knew I would retire, I'm going to work, where I don't know, but work is where I'm going. My job and immediate supervisors i NEVER had a problem with
It's the people way over all our heads that determined our retirement destinations with little to no regard for us in the situation, so not so much for Upper Management But
My Heart Will Always Be At Yellow Wherever I Go
Its usually the upper management who doesnt have a clue but they have a college degree which they think makes them smart.

Any reasonable person understands this is over.
Go look for work elsewhere before the jobs are gone.
I thought I read if something were to happen the teamsters union was going to assist the Yellow employees finding work?
Draw unemployment to begin with but with the amount just thrown into looking for a job it will be first come where ever they are hiring.

Not entirely true..I came from yellow and have been at FedEx for almost 15 years...
I've spoke of the Union.. Not organizing, but the way we did things and its never been a problem.
If fact I still do some of the things like I did in my union days...
I've hooked sets with the dolly on the lead and no one has ever questioned it..
I take every break in the city...just like I did for yellow...and even starting onto overtime..
I don't wear a seatbelt on the forklift on the dock...
I seldom wear a uniform during P&D ...just a regular shirt and shorts...
Thats good but Estes for the most part talks about unions in the negative.You can hook sets here with dolly on the lead if your that good. Im not city so i dont know about that but every city driver i see is wearing a Estes shirt. Just be careful what comes out the mouth is a good thing no matter where you work. Know your surroundings.

After 24 years of trucking, 17 nonunion, 7 Teamster, I am leaving trucking. I am an electrician, and here in Florida, construction is hot. Rent is insane, so Ill look into buying a small RV, which are cheap here. I have always wanted to live on a sail boat. Below 30 foot are like 5k, so I might have that also. Basically I want to live as inexpensive as possible and just travel. Will I ever drive again? Only for TOP dollar. Wages are not even close to where they need to be considering the risk involved.
For those looking for a job, look at construction. Here in Florida, local skateboards are looking for help hauling heavy equipment. I would go for hourly, with ot if available. That long haul stuff by the mile, might not pay the bills. But there are a lot of ways you might not be aware of to use your CDL. Construction being one of them.
It truly is an honor to me to have worked as as a Teamster. Even if things were a hot mess. I came to learn a lot from this.

Nobody hiring drivers in Atlanta. Everybody I contacted has a hiring freeze and said said they were told not to hire yellow drivers. Those bastards we had for CEOs and directors need to go to prison for this.

After 24 years of trucking, 17 nonunion, 7 Teamster, I am leaving trucking. I am an electrician, and here in Florida, construction is hot. Rent is insane, so Ill look into buying a small RV, which are cheap here. I have always wanted to live on a sail boat. Below 30 foot are like 5k, so I might have that also. Basically I want to live as inexpensive as possible and just travel. Will I ever drive again? Only for TOP dollar. Wages are not even close to where they need to be considering the risk involved.
For those looking for a job, look at construction. Here in Florida, local skateboards are looking for help hauling heavy equipment. I would go for hourly, with ot if available. That long haul stuff by the mile, might not pay the bills. But there are a lot of ways you might not be aware of to use your CDL. Construction being one of them.
It truly is an honor to me to have worked as as a Teamster. Even if things were a hot mess. I came to learn a lot from this.
And you only got like 3 time outs Lol. Good luck to you Gilligan.:17142:

Nobody hiring drivers in Atlanta. Everybody I contacted has a hiring freeze and said said they were told not to hire yellow drivers. Those bastards we had for CEOs and directors need to go to prison for this.
Nobody? Or nobody in LTL? Trucking is a vast market. The Union might not have jobs. But there are jobs nationwide. But get ready for the nonunion world. It's way worse than Yellow. Maybe a career change... I would avoid the mega carrier for sure. In my opinion.

Don't know answer to either question. Hostler said place is big. Said he hopes we sell our place on Maspeth Ave and move into Yellow's place.
New Penn leases that building from Pyle. New Penn Can’t sell it and Pyle is chomping at the bit to move in there.