Yellow | Where's Jack Cooper?

What do you guys think SOB would've done if Yellow closing would've put himself out of a job too?
Think he would've played hardball still or would it be different if his job was at stake like 30,000 others were
A good union leader should have the wisdom to understand that his job is not only to secure good contracts for the membership but also to preserve and grow union jobs.

I will grudgingly concede that it appears that the rank and file at Yellow companies were not consulted. But I'm pretty certain he was in possession of comments and proposals from surveys sent to Yellow Corp Teamsters. As well as proposals from Local Union negotiating committees.
My gut feeling is that those proposals were split 50/50 between yes and no. Like much of American society, these days.
Timing was all off too, how does he take a hard stance with ABF and Tforce while giving the house away to YRC?

Timing was all off too, how does he take a hard stance with ABF and Tforce while giving the house away to YRC?

There was no house to give away, all he had to do was let the CHOPS get implemented and Yellow get the financing. The hard stance couldve and shouldve happened in March when Yellow wouldve had money to bargain with. He blew his load with Yellow before he even got his pants off.

I will grudgingly concede that it appears that the rank and file at Yellow companies were not consulted. But I'm pretty certain he was in possession of comments and proposals from surveys sent to Yellow Corp Teamsters. As well as proposals from Local Union negotiating committees.
My gut feeling is that those proposals were split 50/50 between yes and no. Like much of American society, these days.

That's another problem. As far as I know, the results of that survey were never released. Makes you wonder if this was just a personal beef between O'Brien and Hawkins.

Apparently an Ex Yellow employee now without insurance has a need for a stint.
Told he needs it ASAP but it will require a $2400 dollar payment before procedure.
If he were to go and get a SNAP card the state would pickup the total cost.
So yes its free . Sad but true...
Now if he does not do it and passes the state will pickup the $1000 fee to cremate.
He made to much money up until the doors closed.

Apparently an Ex Yellow employee now without insurance has a need for a stint.
Told he needs it ASAP but it will require a $2400 dollar payment before procedure.
If he were to go and get a SNAP card the state would pickup the total cost.
So yes its free . Sad but true...
Now if he does not do it and passes the state will pickup the $1000 fee to cremate.
He made to much money up until the doors closed.

That's not free, that's the tax payer picking up the bill. Now multiply that number by 330M citizens that will need medical attention at some point. Also keep in mind that the government already spends 6T a year and only brings in 4T a year, 5T on a good year.

Yellow was OBLIGATED to make timely payments to the appropriate H.W. &P. funds. And should have been well aware of the consequences of failure to fulfill that obligation.
Additionally, Yellow was attempting to fundamentally change the conditions of the Yellow Corp. NMFA. Without the contractually REQUIRED COO. Yellow KNEW that, as well.
And you all KNEW that Yellow was sinking fast and didn't have the money to pay their obligations. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. Before ANY of this happened, they were trying to negotiate with the union. SOB declined and started taking potshots at Yellow.

Yellow was telling everyone in plain English that they were running out of money. The banks wouldn't negotiate new terms on debt until changes were made to the way Yellow operated. The union said no. Then came the missed payment because they didn't have the money. This all happened tbis year in front of all of us. We were all witnesses. Stop trying to misrepresent the events as if Yellow secretly decided to go bankrupt.

And you all KNEW that Yellow was sinking fast and didn't have the money to pay their obligations. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. Before ANY of this happened, they were trying to negotiate with the union. SOB declined and started taking potshots at Yellow.

Yellow was telling everyone in plain English that they were running out of money. The banks wouldn't negotiate new terms on debt until changes were made to the way Yellow operated. The union said no. Then came the missed payment because they didn't have the money. This all happened tbis year in front of all of us. We were all witnesses. Stop trying to misrepresent the events as if Yellow secretly decided to go bankrupt.
At what point would you have said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH? The senior management of Yellow ($bill) began bankrupting THEMSELVES 20 years ago. From 2003 until they filed for bankruptcy, they NEVER SHOWED A GAAP profit. In fact, the primary source of revenue was in liquidating the assets of acquired companies. Doesn't that tell you something? Roadway never reported financial filings in EBITDA. They did not need to, they were profitable.
For me, it was 2009. Unfortunately, I could not retire at that time. But as soon as I could, I got out.
"And you all KNEW that Yellow was sinking fast and didn't have the money to pay their obligations." So what! Your solution was to ask those who have sacrificed, to give more? Brothers and sisters were already paying Yellow to work there. Substandard wages and pensions needed to be corrected. Do you understand, "pay the rate or close the gate".
Yellow wanted to shred the working conditions of the NMFA. No seniority, drivers working the dock, no follow the work. Mismanagement buy Yellow, NOT the IBT cost you your job.

I worked for Roadway for 21 good years and 9 miserable years for the dumpster fire that was YRC Freight.
Since you have stated that YOU were aware of the perilous financial condition of Yellow, WHY DID YOU STAY?
Did you sincerely think that O'Brien was going to allow Yellow to degrade working conditions, even further than they already had?
I will add that unless you worked for ANY of the heritage companies, your opinion is irrelevant.
One last thing, I do not hide behind cryptic screen names. Most people who have been on Truckingboards for any length of time know exactly who I am and where I worked.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Season's Greetings :1036316054:

I was denied treatment during the pandemic. It was a biopsy and the hospital called me tellin me they did not accept my insurance. I tried to call them back and was switched to six different people who could not answer my question. I hung up, called my doctor and had the procedure done at another hospital. I wonder if I would have been treated the same way if I was homeless.
Did you ask what ‘cash price’ would have been for the procedure?

I worked for Roadway for 21 good years and 9 miserable years for the dumpster fire that was YRC Freight.
Since you have stated that YOU were aware of the perilous financial condition of Yellow, WHY DID YOU STAY?
Did you sincerely think that O'Brien was going to allow Yellow to degrade working conditions, even further than they already had?
I will add that unless you worked for ANY of the heritage companies, your opinion is irrelevant.
One last thing, I do not hide behind cryptic screen names. Most people who have been on Truckingboards for any length of time know exactly who I am and where I worked.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Season's Greetings :1036316054:
Smokey told me that it really was supposed to be azzbag... lol just messing with ya. Merry Christmas to you Al...