TForce | Where's the national decisions?

eatups

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been waiting all weekend (holding my breath) waiting for the big contractor issue to be resolved. After all according to Ken Hall this is a well documented well presented case. Should have been a slam dunk.:BlahBlah::hyper:

They agreed to let the contractors keep working for A few more months then they will deciede what to do about them. Funny I thought that is what a national panel was for.

GREAT! More waiting. I'm not really surprised. More empty promises from the union. I'm beginning to think the best position in this company is an owner operator. Maybe I would be better off applying to Landspan or one of the other contracted companies. Probably get better miles and wouldn't be forced on the dock while others with less seniority are driving on bids.

GREAT! More waiting. I'm not really surprised. More empty promises from the union. I'm beginning to think the best position in this company is an owner operator. Maybe I would be better off applying to Landspan or one of the other contracted companies. Probably get better miles and wouldn't be forced on the dock while others with less seniority are driving on bids.

BYE BYE we need strong people for this fight .

WAKE UP! There is no fight. They are going to do what they want when they want. Nobody can stand together long enough to take on anything. The company and union keep us divided, and everyone keeps buying in to it. So just keep being strong and let know how that works out for you.

WAKE UP! There is no fight. They are going to do what they want when they want. Nobody can stand together long enough to take on anything. The company and union keep us divided, and everyone keeps buying in to it. So just keep being strong and let know how that works out for you.

You are addressing someone on the front line of this non fight . I ask you what have you done to help,Oh let me guess post negative messages to a blog . You dont know what you are blogging about. BLA,BLA,BLA...............................

I'll try to yell back and let you know how that works out for us, but you may be to far at the back!

OK, lets assume I have no idea what I am blogging about. So enlighten me! Two year fight with no progress. We lose more runs every quarter. More and more of our freight is being moved be contractors, yet nothing is done. We have given the union all the information they need, and nothing is done. Its all in black and white. What is the problem? So, don't ask me what I have done for this problem. Ask your local what they have done. You will get the same line that get, "We are doing what we can." Its all bs and most of you keep scooping it right up.

OK, lets assume I have no idea what I am blogging about. So enlighten me! Two year fight with no progress. We lose more runs every quarter. More and more of our freight is being moved be contractors, yet nothing is done. We have given the union all the information they need, and nothing is done. Its all in black and white. What is the problem? So, don't ask me what I have done for this problem. Ask your local what they have done. You will get the same line that get, "We are doing what we can." Its all bs and most of you keep scooping it right up.

Every shop has a guy like you. Always complaining, doing nothing. You talk the talk, do walk the walk?

The only thing that i know is that we as a bargaining unit are closer now than ever to getting anything resolved on the sub-contracting issue. This is a marathon, chess match, or any other clitche that you want to insert here. Every move has to be thought out very carefully. 2 years is a long time, funny part is i have 20 more left to do, as a felllow employee said once "i've got to pace myself." The contracting issue has been felt by every terminal, sum harder than others. We could have an answer in a matter of a few months, or it could hit a snag and rest in the hands of an arbitrator, and take another year or so. Either way, i'm not going anywhere. I have faith in the process and the Local(s) leading the charge. I never would ask my Local what they have done. I know what they have done because i am my local, and you are yours! Lastly, if i'm "scooping" it up, at least they gave me a shovel to clear the b.s for the rest of you!

Read Teamsters.org My local is 745 the case that will save your *** is my case . So I will ask you and your little cronies WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY. Or do you just sit back and complain and let other people fight your fight .Well don't worry brother I will fight it while you sit on your *** and *****. That goes for you too overnite .

The only thing that i know is that we as a bargaining unit are closer now than ever to getting anything resolved on the sub-contracting issue. This is a marathon, chess match, or any other clitche that you want to insert here. Every move has to be thought out very carefully. 2 years is a long time, funny part is i have 20 more left to do, as a felllow employee said once "i've got to pace myself." The contracting issue has been felt by every terminal, sum harder than others. We could have an answer in a matter of a few months, or it could hit a snag and rest in the hands of an arbitrator, and take another year or so. Either way, i'm not going anywhere. I have faith in the process and the Local(s) leading the charge. I never would ask my Local what they have done. I know what they have done because i am my local, and you are yours! Lastly, if i'm "scooping" it up, at least they gave me a shovel to clear the b.s for the rest of you!

Lets just assume we rushed this thing .Do you even have a clue what would happen if we screwed up and lost this arbitration . Or have you thought that far ahead most likely NOT......... How many grievances have you personally filed ,Have you filed any ????????????

Everybody can keep taking jabs. I have filed grievances and haven't heard another word about them. Call me weak or call me a whiner, but the funny thing is, not a one of you can prove me wrong. I hope I am wrong and this all works out, but two years is a long time for any one to be patient. I know this can't happen as soon as the grievance is wrote, but no one can tell me that this is right. Two years to fight something that is in the contract. Its all bs. Enjoy the wait and I'M DONE.

Everybody can keep taking jabs. I have filed grievances and haven't heard another word about them. Call me weak or call me a whiner, but the funny thing is, not a one of you can prove me wrong. I hope I am wrong and this all works out, but two years is a long time for any one to be patient. I know this can't happen as soon as the grievance is wrote, but no one can tell me that this is right. Two years to fight something that is in the contract. Its all bs. Enjoy the wait and I'M DONE.

Don't forget to withdrawl. Hate for you to waste that 58.00 on sumthing your done with.

Why do the prounion guys always want to blame someone who questions the union, like it is there fault? There is nothing wrong in questioning something, isn't that what the union is all about? Having a voice. Jdtex do you want to take shots at me becuase you think I am a manager or is it becuase you don't think I am pulling my weight, you have done both, you can't have it both ways. When you take shots at me for both that just doesn't make sense.

I can say that I have done more than most people on getting the contractors issue resolved, I have copies of every c form from the past year, I have made lists of how freight is moving around certian terminals lanes are not balanced, return freight traveling through different terminals.

Why do the prounion guys always want to blame someone who questions the union, like it is there fault? There is nothing wrong in questioning something, isn't that what the union is all about? Having a voice. Jdtex do you want to take shots at me becuase you think I am a manager or is it becuase you don't think I am pulling my weight, you have done both, you can't have it both ways. When you take shots at me for both that just doesn't make sense.

I can say that I have done more than most people on getting the contractors issue resolved, I have copies of every c form from the past year, I have made lists of how freight is moving around certian terminals lanes are not balanced, return freight traveling through different terminals.

First of all I know who you are, Mr. orlando. Second you evidence must not be worth anything because the IBT didn't use your case to arbitrate.

You are an old ovnt warhorse. You have never wanted the union and still don't. Just be honest about where you stand and I'll at least give you respect for that, it is my opinion that the Union will never do anything that you would consider praise worthy.

[quote author=Back in Black link=topic=77281.msg810570#msg810570 date=1268139839] Second you evidence must not be worth anything because the IBT didn't use your case to arbitrate.[/quote]

So let me get this right, in over 2 years the thousands of grievances filed on subcontractors (maybe 10's of thousands) not a single one of them had any evidence worth anything? Thats what your saying? It's our fault we didn't give the proper evidence?

...well I again will say this..... OVERNITE is gone......either we move on to the reality we have or we fade away....we will mirror package to the degree that we can... so the sooner we understand the way UPS operates the better....this contractor issue is but one issue....my brothers its but one....you two are waging a endless battle that promotes nothing but division and glee among management...I ask that you that take your war into the PM.....please !!